General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How do you make a 7th gen a better daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
If you are looking for the absolute minimum needed to make the car handle well....

1. Performance shocks. Koni would be best, Tokico D-Spec or other adjustible damper would be good, other wise the Tokico HP will work too
2. Swap rear anti-roll bars. the RSX 19mm bar is a good place to start especially if you havent dealt with a tail happy FWD car, other wise one of the many 22mm bars would do well to.

after that, Look for some springs, Either Sleeved or stock sized. Then start reinforcing the chassis.
Old 01-07-2005
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
No one mentioned TIRES?!

A used RSX swaybar is probably the best bang for the buck though.
Old 01-07-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting eibach prokit springs put on. I haven't really thought of struts yet, but is tokiko d-spec any good? I've heard the hp (blue) is too stiff.
Old 01-07-2005
The Original F*ckin Angry Armenian

ArtIntown11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i have tokico's they are pretty stiff, gearbox i have neuspeed race springs now, you think if i go back to stock springs, the ride will still be as stiff or will it almost be like stock?
Old 01-07-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow neuspeed race. Ya stock will definately be softer, but still a bit stiffer than stock struts.
Old 01-07-2005

yea man i have all these braces my car is like driving a brick...lol....Turns like a beast though, I dont know i wanted to go back to very close to stock comfort, like when i hit a tiny pothole now i feel my car cry, i dont want that to happen when i go back to stock springs, you think i should go back to stock shocks too? or just keep the tokicos, Basically you say they are gonna be a bit stiffer than stock struts, but not too far away right?
Old 01-07-2005
Premium Member

Ya well if you keep the springs on, you have to have the tokicos or stock will just blow. I'm hoping with my 1 inch drop I won't need new shocks. If you're worried about ride quality, just lose springs and go back to stock struts. That's why I wanna know about the d-spec, because you can adjust the dampening.
Old 01-07-2005

I know that bro, i want to know how it would feel with stock springs and tokico struts. I want a soft ride, pretty much stock, i dont want it to feel eve remotely like it does now, i dont want a caddy ride, but like 1 notch away from stock.
Old 01-07-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
shocks will be stiff. Thats what its supposed to be.
Old 01-07-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
i'm not sure about the grounding kit either. i've heard mixed results. that's why i haven't done it yet.
Old 01-07-2005
Registered!!

Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
isn't the d-spec a full coilover system. the website says it comes with lowering springs and shocks/struts? and i'm curious about the grounding wires. Some people have told me just don't get any thin wires make sure they are grounding cables. Not sure what to go with....
Old 01-07-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
daily driver

coilovers, sway bars, ICE and wheels
Old 01-08-2005
Premium Member

Better to do it, never hurts. I noticed a difference in acceleration with the HVS and ground wires. The wires alone you won't see much difference. Just maintain the ground points. Mine keep rusting in this humid weather.
Old 01-08-2005
Supertastic Member.

Dishwasher is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you make a 7th gen a better DD?

Add a mast and some sails.
Old 01-08-2005
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
Talking

VERTICAL DooRs !!! wOOt, that way you can park in impossible spots people r like " howd that person even get out of their car!?"
Old 01-08-2005
Registered!!

mdb_foxmx is an unknown quantity at this point
haha...great idea jakejham People will say, "Wow, that guy really thinks he's fast...poor guy."
Old 01-08-2005
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
^^^lmfao!!!
Old 01-08-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Sound System... for a daily driver is good... because everybdy loves music and u gotta love the Bass bumpin in the back
Old 01-08-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
cai/kamikaze header/ 2 1/2 inch straight pipe and weight reduction with good tires
Old 01-09-2005
im stock now! T.T

i want to get the megan cat. I just dont want to get it be cause then my car would be illegal. Im sure the cat would add plenty of gains, but it wouldnt pass emmissions like my dc header/aem intake/ greddy exhaust would.
Old 01-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^not plently gain, but somewhat gains. i know cause ive had it with stock pipes and aftermarket pipes.

ive read around tokico blue shocks work well with the stock springs? but not sure if its better than dropping it with lowering springs with the shock combo. if your into the suspension modding, top 3 on my list would be:
1) wheels (lightweight rims w/ great tires)
2) shocks
3) lowering springs
can cost a pretty penny though depending how cheap you get..
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
audio and better seats
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

Alright, well, here's what I plan to do, then.
1. Strut and Sway Bars
2. Springs (thinking about tein ss)
3. Wheels
4. Seats

Of course, I'll need some more cash for all this...my pockets are bone dry. Books are expensive, geez...

Oh yeah, and I'm not skimping on the audio...I got a meager Sony setup with Christmas cash. A lot of people say it will go to shizite, and if it does, replacing it will take top priority. Gotta have tunes...

Last edited by mdb_foxmx; 01-09-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2005
im stock now! T.T

you mean major? also, sony sucks. i have 2 sony 12's and 2 1200 watts amps from sony. the amps are aight, but the subs are whack. my one kicker comp performed better than both sony subs.

you'll also need new shocks if you lower your car. Just get both shocks and springs at the same time because if you get them at different times, you will need to do same installation twice.
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

good idea on the shocks...but I don't know if I could do the shocks myself...I thought I read that there is only one aftermarket shock being made (koni, I think), and that there is a "sleeve" or something involved...
Old 01-09-2005
im stock now! T.T

no, tokico makes two different types of shock. Even if you arent planning to do yourself, would you pay 100 to pay for spring installation then come back 1 week later to do shocks for another 100? or just pay 100 and get both shock and spring installed at once. Its not a baby job, it takes work and the right tools.
my advice, get both shocks and springs because you will be needing them in the end.
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

Thanks redline..I'll send you a couple points.
Old 01-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
check out the suspension faq before you purchase any parts. always got to research as much as possible so you know you wont regret buying certain items like few ppl on this site including me.

tein ss = full coilovers btw
Old 01-09-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^^ yeah, Tein Super Street = coilovers... do you mean Tein S. Tech spings? I highly recommend the sway bar(s), but strut bar I feel is optional. And another great idea is to change the tires as soon as you can.
Old 01-09-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
^^^exactly... my cars slow but w/ my suspension i can corner faster than anyone else therefore not having to slow down as much...

Quick Reply: How do you make a 7th gen a better daily driver?