General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Evo8 at 22psi VS k20

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lid6662 is an unknown quantity at this point
Evo8 at 22psi VS k20

Check this out http://www.hybrid-racing.com/gallery.html
First video a evo8 VS ek vic with k20 WOw
Old 01-06-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
oh lord
Old 01-06-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
wow, that little thing hauls. I'm pissed they didn't show its quarter time.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Perfect platform for a project car!
Old 01-06-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
dammm
Old 01-06-2005

evopanop is an unknown quantity at this point
That thing is ***** to the wall fast! I may just have to pick up a project car for myself, LoL.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

jackal903 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love EG6 alot! too bad my parents didn't let my buy at first
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

lid6662 is an unknown quantity at this point
But yea K20 engines are the ****. I meann stock internals and and ecu wow!
did u guys read this?
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/articles.html

You have to ask yourself what your goals are. While the K is not fully developed yet, for a street motor it already surpasses 99% of the B-series stuff running around out there.

I see a lot of guys with borderline "streetable" B-series engines running 2.0-2.1 liters with sleeved blocks, 13:1 compression, big cams, etc. They usually end up putting down somewhere between 240 and 260 whp on my dyno. Very respectable numbers. In comparison, take a standard K20A2 out of an RSX. Bolt on a Comptech Race header, CAI and exhaust of your choice. Add a set of JDM ITR cams, some good valve springs, an over bored TB and a Hondata reflash. You're now looking at 235-245 whp consistently without touching the bottom end or head. You've got a more reliable motor (near OEM reliability), a broader torque curve (I-VTEC) and frankly, with a catalytic, you can still pass emissions, even a visual in Cali. And we've already seen what a little more compression (12:1) and bigger cams can do - 265 whp on 91 octane.

I guess the point is, the K-series today (in its early stages of tune) is already the equal of a fully developed B-series street motor. And you can get that equality with virtually no mechanical skill/knowledge. Just bolt on and go. As development proceeds (heads, cams, etc.) that power will come up substantially and eclipse the B-series.

So, where do you want to be? Near the end of a great engine's development cycle (b-series) or at the beginning of a new era with an engine that already equals its illustrious predecessor?

Last edited by lid6662; 01-06-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
go whit the power flow of honda!!! sweet

grtz
Old 01-06-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
nice video.

ok, i'll be the basturd. REPOST
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=185662
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
slap a k-pro in there and just think of the possibilities. I have beaten a wrx with up-pipe, downpipe, carbon tie exhaust, pulleys running 15lbs of boost (but has a minor leak) and im still fully furnished inside. I thought that was a nice kill. My buddy is a pretty decent driver too. Havent run any evos yet. And That thing weighs about 1000 lbs lighter that me. Im jealous, it would kick my ***
Old 01-06-2005
I <3 my Evo

75shot should not be trusted
Wtf!?!?!?!
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
my firend is picking up his 05 evo today with the mr package i believe. leather, sunroof. he got this tight *** blue. but i love that eg hatch. rather have one of those with a sick *** swap.

Last edited by exturbo6; 01-06-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
damn thats fast. and not bad looking either.
Old 01-06-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i've seen that vid b4........that is pretty sick
Old 01-06-2005
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
awesome video. i would have through the evo would ahve won though. how does a stock k20 beat an evo on 22 psi?
Old 01-06-2005

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by abmerop18
awesome video. i would have through the evo would ahve won though. how does a stock k20 beat an evo on 22 psi?
i think its because of the HUGE weight difference
Old 01-06-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
^^one is fwd and the other is awd too.

btw this is a repost.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

AV6 6MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by thiscrackerntam
^^one is fwd and the other is awd too.

btw this is a repost.

Im confused, I went to that sight but there was no info on EVO, was there a video to DL that had the K20 beating an EVO?

And even so, a stock EVO with the boost at 22psi really isnt doing much. It would help top end out slightly but without any tuning, its not much of an improvement. Also, without tuning, running 22psi might be causing knock, thus pulling timing (and reducing HP/TQ).

An EVO with full exhaust, intake, boost@22psi with a reflash will make 300+WHP... about 360HP Crank, which in turn would obliterate a K20 with mild boltons!

Not trying to start anything here but what are we trying to prove here with this thread?
Old 01-06-2005

Originally Posted by AV6 6MT
Im confused ... what are we trying to prove here with this thread?
Go to the aformentioned link and click on the video entitled "Hybrid Trailer." We're proving that a little Civic hatch with a K20 in it can blow the doors off an Evo. As nice as Evo's are... it amazes me how people tend to put them up on a pedestal like they're some sort of godly vehicle. Give me a friggin' break.
Old 01-06-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
the K20 has alot of guts at 75 mph. It would get slaughtered from a 0. As gruntless and laggy as the EVO'sthey make power from 3000-6500 then they seem to stop pulling way up high. Almost like being supercharged. Just a thought.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by evopanop
Go to the aformentioned link and click on the video entitled "Hybrid Trailer." We're proving that a little Civic hatch with a K20 in it can blow the doors off an Evo. As nice as Evo's are... it amazes me how people tend to put them up on a pedestal like they're some sort of godly vehicle. Give me a friggin' break.

HAHA, I just watched the video. That was truly a joke. Oh my, a $5500 motor in a $500 2000lb car can pull an EVO with a supposed 22psi? Im not impressed. Ive seen Civic's hold up against built Vipers.... what is that proving? THEY CAN BE MADE FAST, just along with every other car in the world. I notice there was no dig races, why? Lemme think..

EVOs deserve the pedestal they are on! Im not saying straight-line speed wise, and yes I know some people do go overboard with them, but its like that with a lot of car owners. Everyone thinks their car is best!

EVO is not a REALLY fast car. Its very quick from the factory, but 271HP 3200lb car from a dig, wont be that quick. From stops it can pull mid to low 13s, which is definitely impressive. How bout handling? .98g, braking? Incredible, 13" Brembos' front and rear! (12.something in the rear). Nice 17" enkei wheels. AWD. Rain snow dry.

Dont call me biased, I have owned both Mitsu and Honda, I love both, I did love my Honda, even though it was an Accord not a Civic, yada yada. I always am up for the imports, I dont like domestics. But dont put down the EVO ever, its an incredible car at an incredible price. Sure youre going to get the dumbass 18 year old kid who gets one and thinks its unbeatable, but us real enthusiasts know its boundaries. Im not suprised that Civic pulled it. I also know if that EVO was BONE STOCK, and spent $200 on a reflash it would be right next to the EVO.

I got rid of my Accord just because it wasnt too easy to mod (bc its an Accord) and also because of the FWD. You are so limited with FWD. Its terrible off the line and spinning really does become a problem. If I were to get the Comptech Supercharger for my Accord (which isnt out yet but is on it way), Id be spinning through 2nd gear, what fun is that? Sure its DAMN sweet on the highway, but off the line Im going to get embarrassed, and how bout driving in the rain and snow? Worthless? Handling? Worthless. You have to draw the line somewhere.

You cant just compare a car on straight line racing, I mean **** it wasnt even from a dig, they just did some roll races. And think about the factors of street racing. Drivers make a big difference as well. Has that CIVIC ever went to the track? What were his times if so? If they arent 13s, Im unimpressed, if they are, I am impressed!

In the end, what would you rather drive home? The tiny Civic with roll-up windows or the AWD EVO. Like everyone on here, Id pick the EVO. And when I say what would you rather have, I dont mean $ wise, I mean if you could have either, which one would you want...I dont think youd pick the hatch with a swap. It doesnt touch the braking, handling, looks, or off the line speed of the EVO. Comeon, I give props to the Civic, its quick, but comeon get real, EVO is far superior.

Last edited by AV6 6MT; 01-06-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Titleist71
the K20 has alot of guts at 75 mph. It would get slaughtered from a 0. As gruntless and laggy as the EVO'sthey make power from 3000-6500 then they seem to stop pulling way up high. Almost like being supercharged. Just a thought.

Stock EVOS run 19psi from 3500 but it's set to taper to 16psi at the upper RPM. When I first drove one I was jolted back with torque then at the top end, I was like... what happened!

A boost controller and reflash solves EVERYTHING. I drove my friends Vishnu EVO, just filter, reflash and boost at 20psi and WOW, almost a different car!
Old 01-06-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
yeah man....just a few upgrades and they make a world of difference...on a factory boosted car that is...
Old 01-06-2005

Originally Posted by AV6 6MT
HAHA, I just watched the video. That was truly a joke. Oh my, a $5500 motor in a $500 2000lb car can pull an EVO with a supposed 22psi? Im not impressed. Ive seen Civic's hold up against built Vipers.... what is that proving? THEY CAN BE MADE FAST, just along with every other car in the world. I notice there was no dig races, why? Lemme think..

EVOs deserve the pedestal they are on! Im not saying straight-line speed wise, and yes I know some people do go overboard with them, but its like that with a lot of car owners. Everyone thinks their car is best!

EVO is not a REALLY fast car. Its very quick from the factory, but 271HP 3200lb car from a dig, wont be that quick. From stops it can pull mid to low 13s, which is definitely impressive. How bout handling? .98g, braking? Incredible, 13" Brembos' front and rear! (12.something in the rear). Nice 17" enkei wheels. AWD. Rain snow dry.

Dont call me biased, I have owned both Mitsu and Honda, I love both, I did love my Honda, even though it was an Accord not a Civic, yada yada. I always am up for the imports, I dont like domestics. But dont put down the EVO ever, its an incredible car at an incredible price. Sure youre going to get the dumbass 18 year old kid who gets one and thinks its unbeatable, but us real enthusiasts know its boundaries. Im not suprised that Civic pulled it. I also know if that EVO was BONE STOCK, and spent $200 on a reflash it would be right next to the EVO.

I got rid of my Accord just because it wasnt too easy to mod (bc its an Accord) and also because of the FWD. You are so limited with FWD. Its terrible off the line and spinning really does become a problem. If I were to get the Comptech Supercharger for my Accord (which isnt out yet but is on it way), Id be spinning through 2nd gear, what fun is that? Sure its DAMN sweet on the highway, but off the line Im going to get embarrassed, and how bout driving in the rain and snow? Worthless? Handling? Worthless. You have to draw the line somewhere.

You cant just compare a car on straight line racing, I mean **** it wasnt even from a dig, they just did some roll races. And think about the factors of street racing. Drivers make a big difference as well. Has that CIVIC ever went to the track? What were his times if so? If they arent 13s, Im unimpressed, if they are, I am impressed!

In the end, what would you rather drive home? The tiny Civic with roll-up windows or the AWD EVO. Like everyone on here, Id pick the EVO. And when I say what would you rather have, I dont mean $ wise, I mean if you could have either, which one would you want...I dont think youd pick the hatch with a swap. It doesnt touch the braking, handling, looks, or off the line speed of the EVO. Comeon, I give props to the Civic, its quick, but comeon get real, EVO is far superior.
Sorry, you took me the wrong way. I sure as heck give the Evo props. But, like you addressed in your post, some people just think that the Evo is godly, which it sadly is not; although, that goes for all cars, and car owners who are ridiculously ignorant, or just plain stupid. A little off topic, but when it comes down to looks... I'd rather have an STi. lol Sorry, just had to say it! *runs away* lol
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

Sorry, you took me the wrong way. I sure as heck give the Evo props. But, like you addressed in your post, some people just think that the Evo is godly, which it sadly is not; although, that goes for all cars, and car owners who are ridiculously ignorant, or just plain stupid. A little off topic, but when it comes down to looks... I'd rather have an STi. lol Sorry, just had to say it! *runs away* lol
Haha its ok, looks are purely opinion. I actually happen to like the looks of both. I like the front of the EVO, not crazy about the back, but I like it. I pretty much chose EVO because I had a 90 Talon AWD for my first car until I was 20 so I know a lot more about them than the Subies.

Yeah I have seen some of these boners with EVOs who are just a flat out embarassment to car enthusiasts everywhere. But, they learn when they get beat by someone they **** talk to
Old 01-06-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
nice hatch
Old 01-06-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough

^^haha totally agreed.
Old 01-06-2005

civic won, PERIOD. i love the EVO but it still lost so yeah.

lets all move on and realize that this is a REPOST!!!
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

twix4o8 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice

Quick Reply: Evo8 at 22psi VS k20