General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

$55k for a supra?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
$55k for a supra?

http://www.streetracing.org/home.php?op=go&id=1150

i cant imagine coughing up 55g's for a used car at all. i mean, if its a lambo or ferrari, its understandable but for a toyo supra?

didnt these cars retail at 38k when it first came out?
Old 12-26-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
They are rare and highly modified cars. Most sell for more than what they were new.
Old 12-26-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Aside from the fact that that guy is asking wayyy too much, he can't add. Hahahah, total "page 1" haha then look at his total, the first couple mods alone are over 9 grand.
Old 12-26-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
DAYUMMMMM.... that's nice.... I think its worth it, if you want to buy a 1000hp car.
Old 12-26-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by D17thgen
Uhhhhh.. it's a Fxcking SUPRA!!!! so.. to you..
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
I have a problem with trust issues when it comes to buying a car that was modified outside the factory.
A big reason why I would never pay such an amount for a modified car, no matter what the condition / state it is in.
You don't know what can happen to it...theres so much worrying I'll go through because I wasn't involved in the build up of the car. I won't be able to trust the car 100%.

I would rather buy the Supra in stock form for 55K and modify it on my own.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
supras are one of the few imports that actually gain value if you modify them.
Old 12-26-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
then again you can always call the tuners and have a long talk with them about the car. you will definatly learn alot about the tuning and overall care of the car by someone who worked on it but doesnt own it.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
There's nothing unusual about that price. Check SupraStore.com for others for sale.
Old 12-26-2004
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
I think its a good price for what your getting....have him post it here so I can lowball him.................lol
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
I remember seeing an auto 94 Supra in AutoTrader for 65.5K.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

Drakkar is an unknown quantity at this point
get a 1967 prostreet camro for 15,000. the output of the engine was 1500 hp with nitrous and extensive engine work. This was a 502 block storked and bored .50 over.

8.5 second car last time i checked on the owner

street legal... can make a man smile. the only problem you can't really turn...
Old 12-26-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
very nice mod list ........that is a nice car
Old 12-26-2004

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Drakkar
get a 1967 prostreet camro for 15,000. the output of the engine was 1500 hp with nitrous and extensive engine work. This was a 502 block storked and bored .50 over.

8.5 second car last time i checked on the owner

street legal... can make a man smile. the only problem you can't really turn...
1st off you can't turn. second off a small V-6 putting out 1,000 horsepower is amazing. 3.0 liter for the supra right? Thats 333hp/L. Thats amazing. Nothing short of a mechanical masterpiece.

A 502 is roughly 8.2 L (according to a google search since i had no previous knowledge, and assuming 61.02 cubic inches = 1 L) which is about 183 hp/L. Thats an impressive number also, and VERY respectable, but I find the 333 alot more amazing... and alot less common.

Im not saying that the 502 is crap or slow or anything, but I've always had a deeper respect for people tuning cars over 1000 horsepower with alot less engine. Its amazing that an engine with under 300 horsepower stock can be modified and fully street legal even with the newer restrictions up to, and over, 1000 horsepower.
Old 12-26-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
^ Supra's are inline 6's...
Old 12-26-2004
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
that is so worth 55g's!
Old 12-26-2004

Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
^ Supra's are inline 6's...
you are 100% correct and my finger was way off on that one. I knew that but its natural to think V first...damn my parent's camry!
Old 12-26-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
He was way overcharged by the shop.

1300 for IC piping? cmon

3200 for a complete fuel system? Still too much

100 to install a BOV? I guess

1900 for a rollcage? IDK
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Havok2k1
He was way overcharged by the shop.

1300 for IC piping? cmon

3200 for a complete fuel system? Still too much

100 to install a BOV? I guess

1900 for a rollcage? IDK
He might not have paid that much. People like to list the full chargeable service bill for the obvious reasons.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
yep that is def worth that, still wouldnt get it tho, i personally dont like buying modded cars, i would either A. Buy it from dealer or B. buy it from old people
Old 12-27-2004
Registered!!

ArthurBrazil will become famous soon enoughArthurBrazil will become famous soon enough
nice supra though
Old 12-27-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
1st off you can't turn. second off a small V-6 putting out 1,000 horsepower is amazing. 3.0 liter for the supra right? Thats 333hp/L. Thats amazing. Nothing short of a mechanical masterpiece.

A 502 is roughly 8.2 L (according to a google search since i had no previous knowledge, and assuming 61.02 cubic inches = 1 L) which is about 183 hp/L. Thats an impressive number also, and VERY respectable, but I find the 333 alot more amazing... and alot less common.

Im not saying that the 502 is crap or slow or anything, but I've always had a deeper respect for people tuning cars over 1000 horsepower with alot less engine. Its amazing that an engine with under 300 horsepower stock can be modified and fully street legal even with the newer restrictions up to, and over, 1000 horsepower.
The guy already said it can't turn. As for that 333hp/L yeah, thats at about 36psi, so its not really a mechanical masterpiece its just a lot of boost. Anyone running that much boost and still thinking that the car will be reliable enough to drive every day has another thing coming. Specific output per litre isnt' quite what makes an engine worthy of praise or not. Go look at the specific output of a Hayabusa engine, then go see how many thousands of rpm you need to reach it.

Don't get me wrong, that is an impressive figure, but the formula for Supra performance isn't exactly top secret, reinforce fragile components (ie: pistons, block, etc.), upgrade turbo, turn the boost up to 11. I would exactly call something like that respectable because every tuner magazine in existence has featured at least 1 turboed Supra. Not to mention the fact that there are Supras out there putting out far in excess of 1000hp.

As for this particular car, I think its just more of a rarity thing. Upgrading the car and then expecting prospective buyers to pay dollar for dollar for your upgrades is ridiculous and only a rare-ish car like the Supra can command that kind of money. Typically mods devalue a car because they put mechanical stability into question, but I guess this isn't the case, or this guy just doesn't think so. Stock Supras can sell for top dollar though, at least from what I've seen.
Old 12-27-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
fvck that...I can think of a million better places to put 55 G's. The whole Ricer mentality and Fast and Furious crowd is what's fueling the ballooning of the Supra's value.

And to whoever said that supras gain value with modification....uhhhh ok. I gaurantee a stock supra with low miles will retail higher than a modded one. The only people who are gonna pay that much for a modded car are people who appreciate it...hence the reason why he sells it privately.

As much as prepubescent kids spooge over supras, and how much I liked them when they came out (I"m in my mid 20's now), I think they are VERY over-rated. 1000 HP FD3S RX-7's are just as common, and don't cost nearly as much. A used early 90's NSX will probably run you 30-40K. This much for a supra, no matter how rare or modded, is stupid, and whoever buys it is wasting their money.
Old 12-27-2004
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
lol, a guy I know traded his Moded Supra flat out for a Lam. Diablo with only 12,000 miles on the Diablo. I think he dynoed at like 950 horses with his Supra.
Old 12-27-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Someone needs to remind this guy that you don't get 100% back on your car modifications. Normally you can only expect to get about 15% to 25% back on modifications. (i.e spending $100 on an intake, does not mean you can tack an extra $100 to the book value of your car.)

I also think he's really bumping up the prices on some of the mods, $140 for fittings on a oil filter relocation kit? Gas for driving to the dyno? WTF? Shipping costs on his cams? come on this guy is a moron.
Old 12-27-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Got Boost???
Someone needs to remind this guy that you don't get 100% back on your car modifications. Normally you can only expect to get about 15% to 25% back on modifications. (i.e spending $100 on an intake, does not mean you can tack an extra $100 to the book value of your car.)

I also think he's really bumping up the prices on some of the mods, $140 for fittings on a oil filter relocation kit? Gas for driving to the dyno? WTF? Shipping costs on his cams? come on this guy is a moron.

I was thinking the same thing........u can get back the labor for your car.
Old 12-27-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Got Boost???

Believe it or not, most shops charge for the incidentals like gas, oil, shipping, etc....
Old 12-27-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
Expensive.....but it also has over 1000hp. Lets see that new 55k M3 try to race this ride. I would take this supra over any brand new 55k car. The Supra is a very expensive car to modify. Not like Honda thats for sure. Also the value of the supra alone has gone up 5k since "Fast and the Furious" came out. 93's with 90k miles are still going for a little over 20k. Thats way to rich for my blood.
Old 12-27-2004
Registered!!

03civda is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ricergribbs
supras are one of the few imports that actually gain value if you modify them.
Very true!
Old 12-27-2004
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
not trying to jack the thread but i found this...a supra for $71,000

http://www.suprastore.com/19tosu6sp10.html

Quick Reply: $55k for a supra?