General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

STIvs.EVOvs.Eclipse GSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Titleist71 can only hope to improve
LOL I know
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

Civicious is an unknown quantity at this point
I would choose in this order:
STI
Evo
GSX
Old 12-22-2004

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...19567.....this will show you alot about the cars...please watch...it's like an hour of great info......you will see the STi's beat the EVo's raced by professionals.

Last edited by Titleist71; 12-22-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-22-2004
Banned

SuperFrankie should not be trusted
Originally Posted by SIinthesky
The VR-4 is pretty cool.....Its just EXTREMELY heavy. I believe 4000+ lbs.

hardly lol imine is 3400lbs 1st gen
Old 12-22-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
I stand corrected......still heavy though.....for my taste at least
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SIinthesky
Skyline is a very good choice. I just picked up the new Sport Compact Car and it has an article about the R35 skyline GT-R coming to america in the winter of 06. Its going to get a destroked version of the vq35de which will become the vq30dett and will have about 400hp and all wheel drive as well as a 7 speed sequential manual gearbox. Its going to look like a G35 coupe but different front bumper and the traditional round taillights. Im already saving my money.
hehe... good luck.. you know how much that will be.. haha...
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
the Evo9 will have 300hp so it can compete witht he STi...

i LOVE the Evo since Evo 4... but still Evo 4 is will my fav one... its keep its Evo style for the longest time...

the new skyline R35 is nasty.. not more skyline tradition look...

the STi, i dont like it.. but its on my list of fav car, none the less...

4WD... OMG I LOVE 4WD!!!

btw, if Mitsu came out with a RallyArt Evo that out performs STi, would everyone go to Evo or stay with STi? haha...
Old 12-22-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
I got about 2 years till the R35 comes out...all I have to save is about 3k a month. Either that or sell my soul to the devil.....oh, wait, I already did that to get over that nasty hangover I had last weekend.
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

Arith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Titleist71
the 4G63 is a dinosaur......I'll leave it there for now...I have no time to write alot...gotta get back to work...however I will get back to this lovely discussion.
^^^ the engine has 10+ years under the tuner belt and that's bad?... how? Lets not even compare when mitsu is sticking w/ a 2L and suby jumped for a 2.5L and still can't put more power down.

ok....the cars were purposely built to compete....hell they weight exactly the same...but number crunch all you want....the EVO depends on a computer to handle and take that out and all you have is a big $38,000 piece of ****. IMO its ugly and laggy. Enjoy being a EVO fan. Oh yeah how can a car with less HP dyno higher than another...that makes sense. Post up some real proof. I researching now. I got something for you. From back in the day.BRB.
^^^ what's wrong w/ a cpu? If it works... it works, you act like the japanese sTI doesnt use a cpu now & soon so will the USDM sTI in o6 or o7 Also 38k POS? Hardly, besides the MR... the o5 sTI cost more than the RS and GSR, also if the evo is such a POS, than why does it do everything better than the sTI besides spool earlier? A POS?... that POS has handed the sTI i'ts *** in 90% of car magazine published.

yeah...there are no comparative reviews of the 05 STi yet.....just the 04's and they are junk compared to the new STi...just a reminder.
^^^ why don't you look harder, C&D did a comparasion report on the o5 MR and the o5 sTI a couple months ago, and they choose the o5 MR. Would you like an issue scan? I can't get you one

But it's going to cost you alot more than $32,000 STi MRSP....$38,000 EVO MR MSRP.
38k evoMR MSRP? Dude, do your research before you post more BS, MSRP is: 35,499... dumbass
Old 12-22-2004

Arith....clearly your an EVO fan...good. The STi does put more power down. It's a 2.5. We all know that the STi is basically equal to a MR. Whats the difference...a thousandth of a second? They weigh the same.... it's endless. We were talking about something different...go back and read..youngin. Building a GSX to match a STi.......remember or were you caught up in trying to make someone look bad by calling them a dumbass?
People notice a STi.....they look good and are well known. I wouldnt know a Lancer from a MR if it didn't have a wing. Basically I think it's a ugly car. Yes it operates great...just as great as a STi. The front end is nasty and it's a richy rich car some doctor would get cause its got the power of a 911. How many people you know have a MR??? Not many...they only made 1,000 for the US market. Special order only.
The old farts at C&D think Volvo's are hot...cmon. And the MSRP...yeah I know the kid who owns F1Dyno in Portland and he PAID 38....after taxes....glad I got you to use the internet to research instead of downloading ****.
NOW......at what point in this thread have you read one of us call each other a durrogatory name??????? We have been having a decent conversation. Why would you call me a dumbass? Do you know me? Why don't you think before you spew out little words through your little finger tips. This thread is locked. I don't normally stoop to a level like you and start calling people names. I'm 4 yrs your elder, I know the game I used to play it. You'll learn real quick...looks like your new around here. Shame.
Old 12-22-2004

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=219567 .....just watch it. You will be pleaseantly surprised by the stock for stock road test comparison. I watched it and it's proof enough for me ....sorry Mitsu fans....
Old 12-22-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Maybe your American made mitsu's are crap and rattle traps, but my Mitsu held up great and seemed very well built for rattles. I never had a single rattle, my civic rattled within a month. I still love my evo, and the STi is great as well. Both cars when fully modded will beat anything out there in an overall comparison, plain and simple.
Old 12-22-2004

^^yes indeed.
Old 12-22-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Sorry Titleist, I had to post this...

Here's what a major shop owner had to say on one of the forums on a general discussion thread... This was after a nation-wide Evo vs. WRX/STi shoot-out. -BTW, this guy sells parts for Evos, WRXs/STis, 350Zs, and RX7/8s. He knows a lot about cars and builds some nice machines.

"there have been fast WRX's and fast Evo's for a long long time now. Speaking from personal experience on both cars, it is far easier and cheaper to build an Evo to run 11's than a Subaru....and the Evo will generally win on the reliability side as well.

As for the ESX WRX vs whomever's Evo, I think the races in the future will show they are alot closer matched than people realize here.

The arguing back and forth about "I built my car for $XX money and it ran .00034 seconds slower than this person's car is pretty useless IMHO. I mean my mom's V6 Accord runs around 5.5 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile than this event's winner. That's like now...........to now!

Both cars are what they are - tremendous bangs for the buck with a ton of potential in the aftermarket. The Evo can be built far cheaper than the WRX or STi can.....it's been proven time and time again. Citing the 'weaknesses" that the Sti has in it's stock form are not the way to advance your cause - you know the car's limitations (or think you do) - now it's up to the owners to find their own path around those limitations, or do a better job exploiting the car's positive attributes"
Old 12-22-2004
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
yeah you all can go play with your big lancer and WRX sedans while i'll be chillin in my 05 BMW M3 smoking you guys in every way possible. it looks way cooler, its faster, it stops faster, its a BMW, its faster, oh yeah and its a BMW.
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

Exclamation

Arith....clearly your an EVO fan...good. The STi does put more power down. It's a 2.5. We all know that the STi is basically equal to a MR. Whats the difference...a thousandth of a second? They weigh the same.... it's endless. We were talking about something different...go back and read..youngin. Building a GSX to match a STi.......remember or were you caught up in trying to make someone look bad by calling them a dumbass?
People notice a STi.....they look good and are well known. I wouldnt know a Lancer from a MR if it didn't have a wing. Basically I think it's a ugly car. Yes it operates great...just as great as a STi. The front end is nasty and it's a richy rich car some doctor would get cause its got the power of a 911. How many people you know have a MR??? Not many...they only made 1,000 for the US market. Special order only.
The old farts at C&D think Volvo's are hot...cmon. And the MSRP...yeah I know the kid who owns F1Dyno in Portland and he PAID 38....after taxes....glad I got you to use the internet to research instead of downloading ****.
NOW......at what point in this thread have you read one of us call each other a durrogatory name??????? We have been having a decent conversation. Why would you call me a dumbass? Do you know me? Why don't you think before you spew out little words through your little finger tips. This thread is locked. I don't normally stoop to a level like you and start calling people names. I'm 4 yrs your elder, I know the game I used to play it. You'll learn real quick...looks like your new around here. Shame.
Im not an evo fan, im a car enthusiast... and i like both cars, but IMO I feel one is better. You ask questions, I gave you answer, now you wanna the thread lock? Giving up already? I guess you miss the evo vs. wrx tuner shootout earlier this year, where the evos dominated... let me say that again, THE EVO'S DOMINATED and the subaru's gave up every excuse in the book for loosing. Also, how can you not tell a LANCER from a MR? Evo has a huge FMIC, the lancer doesnt... unless your blind, anybody can tell the difference in the front. The new LANCERS have a license plate on the trunk, the evo has there's on the bumper, HOW HARD IS IT TO TELL? Evo have a huge CF spoiler on the back, the LANCER doesnt... dude, stop making up excuses, you know the difference In reality, a wrx looks more like a sTI than a lancer looks like an evo, PROVE ME WRONG! Also, there was more than 1k of MR produced and I know 2 handfuls of MR owners and a alot of GSR/RS owners in the so cal area alone. Also why diss C&D? Because they felt the MR was a better vehicle overall than the o5 sTI? Might aswell diss road and track, autoweek, motorweek, playboy magazine, SCC aswell, because they felt the same way as C&D. Also, just cuz your friend paid 38k OTD... that does not make it 38k MSRP, get your fact straights before you want to post BS

P.S. How you gonna lock a thread? Your not a mod
Old 12-22-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
I say dsm all the way
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by MadWheel
Sorry Titleist, I had to post this...

Here's what a major shop owner had to say on one of the forums on a general discussion thread... This was after a nation-wide Evo vs. WRX/STi shoot-out. -BTW, this guy sells parts for Evos, WRXs/STis, 350Zs, and RX7/8s. He knows a lot about cars and builds some nice machines.

"there have been fast WRX's and fast Evo's for a long long time now. Speaking from personal experience on both cars, it is far easier and cheaper to build an Evo to run 11's than a Subaru....and the Evo will generally win on the reliability side as well.

As for the ESX WRX vs whomever's Evo, I think the races in the future will show they are alot closer matched than people realize here.

The arguing back and forth about "I built my car for $XX money and it ran .00034 seconds slower than this person's car is pretty useless IMHO. I mean my mom's V6 Accord runs around 5.5 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile than this event's winner. That's like now...........to now!

Both cars are what they are - tremendous bangs for the buck with a ton of potential in the aftermarket. The Evo can be built far cheaper than the WRX or STi can.....it's been proven time and time again. Citing the 'weaknesses" that the Sti has in it's stock form are not the way to advance your cause - you know the car's limitations (or think you do) - now it's up to the owners to find their own path around those limitations, or do a better job exploiting the car's positive attributes"
I know you owned an EVO an all, but the only EVO that is comparable to an STi is the MR. An EVO VIII falls short. Yes they are great handling cars, braking, cornering all that. But the thread starter wasn't talking about building an EVO to run 11's. He is under the impression that he could build a GSX that will out-do a STi in every catagory for less money. It's not gonna happen. Man, I give up. Ok fine, I agree. EVO's are the GODS of ALL cars. Is that what all you kids want to hear? They are the greatest things since sliced bread. But you cannot and will not ever build a car that can match the performance of a 05 STi or MR for less than $32,000STi /37,000 MR. It can't be done. I don't know what else to say. I guess I'm getting bored of this discussion. You haven't driven a STi like I have. I have driven a GSX, a Eclipse, a built WRX, I have driven them all. The EVo and STi are dead EQUAL. BUT you cannot build a car that performs the same for less money. If you could people would be doing that and Subaru and Mitsu would be **** outta luck.
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

Exclamation

I agree. EVO's are the GODS of ALL cars. They are the greatest things since sliced bread.
You said it, not me, ok... LOCK THREAD !
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by Arith
Im not an evo fan, im a car enthusiast... and i like both cars, but IMO I feel one is better. You ask questions, I gave you answer, now you wanna the thread lock? Giving up already? I guess you miss the evo vs. wrx tuner shootout earlier this year, where the evos dominated... let me say that again, THE EVO'S DOMINATED and the subaru's gave up every excuse in the book for loosing. Also, how can you not tell a LANCER from a MR? Evo has a huge FMIC, the lancer doesnt... unless your blind, anybody can tell the difference in the front. The new LANCERS have a license plate on the trunk, the evo has there's on the bumper, HOW HARD IS IT TO TELL? Evo have a huge CF spoiler on the back, the LANCER doesnt... dude, stop making up excuses, you know the difference In reality, a wrx looks more like a sTI than a lancer looks like an evo, PROVE ME WRONG! Also, there was more than 1k of MR produced and I know 2 handfuls of MR owners and a alot of GSR/RS owners in the so cal area alone. Also why diss C&D? Because they felt the MR was a better vehicle overall than the o5 sTI? Might aswell diss road and track, autoweek, motorweek, playboy magazine, SCC aswell, because they felt the same way as C&D. Also, just cuz your friend paid 38k OTD... that does not make it 38k MSRP, get your fact straights before you want to post BS

P.S. How you gonna lock a thread? Your not a mod
I was being sarcastic about the appearance of the EVo/Lancer...basically cause they are so ugly. You watch too much made for TV crap. I bet all those shows you see were paid for by Mitsu....lol. I hope a EVo beats a WRX...hahaha.....the WRX is a slug. The STi is a fine work of art. I don't give up. And won't. Link me the article of C&D. You have all these great things to say about the EVo..where are they? I know about them I am not new...you are...just by looking at your join date and posts....lol....noobies barking up the tree of a respected vet......u know what..I dont give a **** what either car looks like. Still haven't watched that video I posted huh....all that proof about the evo vs STi??? I guess you missed that....All the ratings swayed to the STi and they beat all the EVo's on the track. Missed that huh? yup it was filmed right in Japan.All cars with 2.0's too. **** the US magazines....all they know is a nice Chavelle when they see one......who won the 03 WRC??? Who placed higher in the 04 WRC? Certainly not the famed EVO's.

Last edited by Titleist71; 12-22-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by nickm748
05 Sti
thank you!!
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by gtracing
STI...have u ever seen one of those things launch at redline?? it's amazing...
thank you!!!!
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
'05 STi for me
Thank you!!!!
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by orion_squall
you can probably build one for price of STI and get eqaul quater mile, but then lost in rally conditions...

just get STI instead
Thank you!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
05 sti
Thank you!!!
Old 12-22-2004

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=100795
Old 12-23-2004

STI spec c vs Evo FQ300 on the cover of Sport Compact Car and the STI spec C wins. The Spec C claims 322 bhp out of a 2.0l and the EVO 300bhp. SCC Jan 2005.
Old 12-23-2004

http://www.basaltic.com/misc/SportsC...lution-STi.wmv
Old 12-23-2004

http://www.evo.co.uk/ $86k USD..come on....thats not even reasonable.
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

LMAO @ you last 9post, gotta quote the moral support huh? Actually the evo vs. wrx tuner shootout in NE, was not just the wrx, it was also sTI aswell, the shootout was just named evo vs. wrx, here is the link:

http://features.evolutionm.net/newsitem/82

Next year, where gonna add srt4 to the mix.

Quick Reply: STIvs.EVOvs.Eclipse GSX