General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

why did a cop do a burnout right next to me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
why did a cop do a burnout right next to me?

i just got back from whataburger and i'm driving [04 v6 accord] hit a stop light and a cop is right next to me.... he looks over and says 'nice ride' then out of ****ing no where he neutral drops it and do a 2.1 second burnout... i didn't know what to do so i just drove peacefully home confused. i swear to god texas cops are fuking idiot...
Old 11-29-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
he was probably just drunk and high
Old 11-29-2004
The Nightraid crew - Sensible Ownage

evilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the rough
trying to look cool.....and probably trying to lull you into a false sense of security so he could bust you for showing off.
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

LoganK is an unknown quantity at this point
see this is what pisses me off....i got a ticket for laying drag when my wheels squeaked one time. the ticket costed $350. some bullshit, and i didnt even lay any drag. then cops go and do this? and they also let the old muscle cars do them, but hell no, i squeak and i get a fine. wtf?
Old 11-29-2004

i'm ashame of texas cops...
Old 11-29-2004

evilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the roughevilone is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LoganK
see this is what pisses me off....i got a ticket for laying drag when my wheels squeaked one time. the ticket costed $350. some bullshit, and i didnt even lay any drag. then cops go and do this? and they also let the old muscle cars do them, but hell no, i squeak and i get a fine. wtf?
I'd say they're probably going on the assumption that old muscle cars were built to do stuff like that...and it's hard not to. In a "riceburner," however, (excuse the stereotype, just thinking like a cop) you'd actually have to try to get the tires to even squeak.
Old 11-29-2004
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
3 words... "because he can"
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
^3 words... that is lame.

im guessing its one of those cops that will lure or influence you to act the same as him so he can get you for it. nothing you can do about it unless you followed him got his plates, etc etc. then report
Old 11-29-2004

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
would have been a perfect time to have a video phone. click his a$$ is busted
Old 11-29-2004

"because he can" that's the way to put it.
as the saying goes 'Fck the police'
Old 11-29-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i work with an ex-cop. The reason he gave me that so many of us import owners get pulled over so much is because the average maturity of a civic driver is that of a 9 year old. especially in hatches around here. All of them are ricers. I dont blame cops. Drive normal and you wont get pulled over. Fast and Furious was a movie not your life just stop trying to "street race" every car you pull next to and you wont have this problem at all.
Old 11-29-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
are you serious?? my dumb *** would have taken off on him hella fast
Old 11-29-2004

true, i was in a family car for crists sakes...
Old 11-29-2004

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
are you serious?? my dumb *** would have taken off on him hella fast
he would have smoked you
Old 11-29-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnovan
he would have smoked you
i would own a cop car off the line
Old 11-29-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by johnovan
he would have smoked you
i didn't say i would race him or win. i just said i would have taken off. his *** would still be doing a burnout and looking like a dumbass
Old 11-29-2004

before or after he arrests you?
Old 11-29-2004

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
i didn't say i would race him or win. i just said i would have taken off. his *** would still be doing a burnout and looking like a dumbass
ballsy haha... i don't trust cops anyways.. they can legally lie to your face and make you incriminate yourself.
Old 11-30-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
you should have taped his burnout and send it to the county police
Old 11-30-2004
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
You sure it wasnt a 2.2 or a 2.0 second burnout?
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
actually couldnt u have raced him then if he ticketed/arrested u u coulda gone to court. cause isnt there a law where they cant like entice you to do something illegal or something along those lines?
Old 11-30-2004
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ricergribbs
actually couldnt u have raced him then if he ticketed/arrested u u coulda gone to court. cause isnt there a law where they cant like entice you to do something illegal or something along those lines?
Whos word are they gonna take you think . but yeah your right though because of the on dash video camera
Old 11-30-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by diskreet
i work with an ex-cop. The reason he gave me that so many of us import owners get pulled over so much is because the average maturity of a civic driver is that of a 9 year old. especially in hatches around here. All of them are ricers. I dont blame cops. Drive normal and you wont get pulled over. Fast and Furious was a movie not your life just stop trying to "street race" every car you pull next to and you wont have this problem at all.
there is certainly some truth to this.

around hwy 100 in milwaukee (the cruising strip) cops tend to pull over whatever ricey looking vehicles they find. i've never been pulled over in the S2000, and in fact, have been caught a few times in a brisk race, and had the cop pull over the civic or mustang or celica or whatever i happened to be racing against. but they never actually pull me over.

i even remember one time specifically.

me and another S2000 raced from a stoplight, full clutch dump and all. we were the only ones who sped away from the stoplight. we stopped at about 70 in a 45 when we saw a cop. the cop pulls out and i'm like 'crap we're busted'. instead he pulls over a friend of ours in an integra that wasn't even racing, and says he pulled him over for peeling out at the stoplight which he never did. lmao.

Last edited by S2000man01; 11-30-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
are you talking about me? i was not street racing, this was in my first car which happened to be automatic. i had it in park cause these f*cking lights take so long to change, and then it did i wasnt really looking so i thought i threw it in drive and was actually in neutral. it revved up a little and i was like, f*ck, and stuck it in drive and chirp, then blue lights and ticket. oh yea, i was really street racing there. so if youre talking about me get some facts before you assume something.
Old 11-30-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
calm down there sonny. i dont think his post was directed toward you in any way. chillax my friend.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by evilone
I'd say they're probably going on the assumption that old muscle cars were built to do stuff like that...and it's hard not to. In a "riceburner," however, (excuse the stereotype, just thinking like a cop) you'd actually have to try to get the tires to even squeak.
oh no, i mean when the cars are pulling out of the local every second saturday of the month car show, and they light them up for about halfway down the street. now me, i just f*cked up and i got a ticket, didnt even try to make mine chirp. cop didnt give a **** though. the cops around here are useless.

s2000man01, i was just showing that i wasnt doing stupid ****, i just f*cked upand got a ticket for it...it seemed as though they were talking about me since the only other car in this thread that did something dumb was the cop car.

Last edited by LoganK; 11-30-2004 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
wow that's funny....i never see anything like that.
Old 11-30-2004
SiG
Registered!!

SiG will become famous soon enoughSiG will become famous soon enough
haha thats pretty funny stuff
everytime a cop pulls up beside me, they run my plate on their in car computer... buncha jerks!
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

mr.bojangles is an unknown quantity at this point
piggies
Old 11-30-2004

Originally Posted by LoganK
oh no, i mean when the cars are pulling out of the local every second saturday of the month car show, and they light them up for about halfway down the street. now me, i just f*cked up and i got a ticket, didnt even try to make mine chirp. cop didnt give a **** though. the cops around here are useless.

s2000man01, i was just showing that i wasnt doing stupid ****, i just f*cked upand got a ticket for it...it seemed as though they were talking about me since the only other car in this thread that did something dumb was the cop car.
Straight from the local car show....that's why they get away with it. If it's every month and it's been going for a while, the town pretty much welcomes it, and even if they don't like it, they've gotten used to the antics....and these are all probably either old guys showing off their life's work or father/son projects....either way, they're show cars, the cops know they're show cars, and they get by with it BECAUSE they're show cars. They're not brought out often, so the cops let it go...daily drivers, on the other hand, get shafted because cops see them every day and they fit a stereotype...."I'm fast, I'm furious, I drive a Civic!" type thing....basically though, you got screwed and there's no way around it. Might as well let it go.

Quick Reply: why did a cop do a burnout right next to me?