General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How do you people pay for your mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
When I was in highschool, I dropped over 6 grand into my Civic. The only job I had was mowing lawns for Dave's Lawncare Service (note: I'm Dave and it's an official, tax-paying business.) Now that I'm in college, I don't really even consider spending money on this car.

Right now, I'm scrimping and saving all my money. I want to buy a nice coupe in the 30K range when I graduate.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
My day job = Computer Guy
My night job = I pan for money at the corners.
I still dont have enough money!
Someone has to hook me up with something.
Old 10-19-2004
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1

hahahaha ur rep rocks!!!!

"lkm is nothing"
<--- not as good as mine... "teampointless should not be questioned."
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
mmm, I am hardware design engineer (high tech)

and young people who ask mama for money to dump car disgust me

I am actually more impressed with some people here who afford 100% their own car +insurance + etc etc
Old 10-19-2004
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
I work at an insurance company here during the week and that pays the bills. Every Sunday my grandpa takes my family gambling. He gives us 200 bones each to gamble with. so thats at least an extra 400 a month (i save 100, gamble 100 every week) just for play money.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

DowntownRicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy Crap, Best Buy Employees are Deep. I work two jobs and one is for Best Buy, we should have a new thread -> HOW MANY OF US USE BESTBUY TO PAY FOR MODS????
- Well they were the number one company last year, so it does make sense i guess
Old 10-19-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I work, pay for my own shiyat, am 21, have 2 kids. I save and save and save. Than I get unexpected bills, like 2 sicks kids, my money is gone in about 5 minutes. I lost like 600 for suspension last month in a day, sucked big time. Tax returns are my best friend, I get a gripload of money. I am buying struts today, and springs next week though FINALLY! I save like 50-100 a week, and try to save it up, but I always end up spending my money, I HATE IT, but thats life, my kids are worth it. I am spending my money before I go home today though, nobodys stoppin me! It is very true about a girl who is more into cars than herself too. I had to tell my girl, "I know you wont be happy, but I havent spent money on my car in about 6 months, so you WILL HAVE to deal with what I am buying." I said "I am telling you now, so you will be prepared for what shows up at the door next week." She was soooooo pissed. Im home with both kids more than she even is, and she doesnt want me enjoying my one little piece of complete happiness away from everything, SCREW THAT! ok, I am done, sorry I had to vent. but at least I get to lower my car next week.
Old 10-19-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Have a girlfriend that doesn't have any real bills that's willing to spend her money on me for my car since I do most of the driving.
Old 10-19-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
My girl has been driving a lot lately, since my parents gave her their 2001 grand cherokee, so she loves driving that. She pays them like 200 a month for it, so at least it isnt free, the gas really kills her. I tell her, buy a honda, but no, she wants a big american truck with a lift. Im like, what the hell is wrong with you? I hate big trucks though, I like lowered trucks.
Old 10-19-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
i donate blood....
Old 10-19-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
I'll give you a hint: My school is located adjacent to CIA headquarters (Langley, VA)
Old 10-19-2004
Premium Member

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
T pay for all my mods my self i dont have to pay for my car so thats why im able to do it...However my car is forsale and when it sells i will be payn for my own car...And thats why im tryn to buy stuff for it now but When im payn for my own ride since its a kinda nice car im just going to do 1 12 and a dvd fold out in dash 7.5 mont......And rims drop and intake.........But the other thing is hook ups....I get really low prices on everything the only thing i paid store price for was my body kit.....Every thing else i get dirt cheep Name brand stuff to not off the wall stuff
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
ima university student....
and i work at futureshop + other little jobs.. etc etc... but i dont have enough money for my car... cause i pay for my car...
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by aframdw
T pay for all my mods my self i dont have to pay for my car so thats why im able to do it...However my car is forsale and when it sells i will be payn for my own car...And thats why im tryn to buy stuff for it now but When im payn for my own ride since its a kinda nice car im just going to do 1 12 and a dvd fold out in dash 7.5 mont......And rims drop and intake.........But the other thing is hook ups....I get really low prices on everything the only thing i paid store price for was my body kit.....Every thing else i get dirt cheep Name brand stuff to not off the wall stuff
Man its a good thing your hot.
Old 10-19-2004

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1

hahahaha ur rep rocks!!!!

"lkm is nothing"
I noticed that too . How did you do that with only 66 posts???
Old 10-19-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Silversleeper
son "mommy, can you buy me this AEM cold air intake? It improves my gas mileage!"
mother "sure honey, it will save me money in the long run."

Thats the high schoolers explanation.
Actually... I worked a full-time job (40-50 hours a week) in high school and have paid for my ****... but thanks...

BTW- I am in college now and the modding has definately slowed down since I have a lot more bills to pay now.

But I will agree that is true for alot of kids- but when you have worked your *** off for everything for your car, it just gets old hearing that ****.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

Trix has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Full time job+ anything else for mony. Here in f****** Belgium is everything expensive, so I have to order from US + shipping.
Old 10-19-2004
F4i Pilot

PistolPete will become famous soon enough
i started working when i was 14 as a bag boy at a local grocery store, i worked there until i was 19.

each summer i also worked for my dads construction business. sometimes i had really bad days, where i had to wake up at 4:30am to get to miami by 5-5:30am get off work at 3pm go home shower and then go to work at the supermarket at 5pm. but now that i look back on it it was fun.

2 weeks before i turned 20 i quit my supermarket job and i started my own yacht detailing business and i went to work that way. i busted my *** detailing anything and everything until i had moved up to the 80+ foot yachts. i made a **** load of money, got a tan and i was able to pay off my first F4i (who thanks to my cousin was wrecked) and i was able to buy another one. i ended up selling the business to my friend mike

i will admit though that my father bought my car.
yes thats right, but only because he could. im not taking credit for his hard work, but my father came here with almost nothing, $500 to be exact, and busted his @ss. now he owns a few businesses.
Old 10-19-2004
www.8thgencivics.com

nikoscivicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Lots of working and saving!
Old 10-19-2004
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a Sales Rep for T-Mobile. It pays the bills, but I have a college degree and I am looking for something better.
Old 10-19-2004
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
im a gigolo!! lol j/m im a full time student and work part time at hollywood videos. parents bought tbe car for my brother, he handed it down to me. hes getting a g35 sports coupe i pull in about 250 a paycheck, so i just save like crazy. plus im korean so when new year comes around, cha chiingg!!!!! cash up the yin yang
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Work part time at McDonald's.
Old 10-19-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i sold my ********* on ebay, but my car isnt modded very much... i spent the money on pudding and thongs
Old 10-19-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
WIth Cash
Old 10-19-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
I get plastered everyday,,,,um wait, I am a plasterer. Messy, hard, stressful work, exhausting. I deffinately work hard for my money and it's a job hardly anyone wants to do. For the 80% of plasterers out there, they suck. Me and my boss are in the top 10 in Massachusetts. I never had a chance to do any mods because I was sick for a few years but I hope that soon I will be able to start now that all of my bills are about to be paid off.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
i work at mickey d's, you can see how far my modding will go.... enuff said.

I also am a student at Valencia here in Orlando studying nursing so u know all about the poor college kid thing. =(
Old 10-19-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
college grants/financial aide (only like 30% of it though) and selling old stuff

parents give me few bucks for food supply/entertainment
Old 10-19-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
stab attack
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

VietScouty is an unknown quantity at this point
WORK and WAR!
Old 10-19-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zachgeyer
stab attack
whatt???

Insurance has paid for everything on my car but my rims, drop, intake and exhaust..

I <3 Insurance

Quick Reply: How do you people pay for your mods?