General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

i want a track car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i want a track car

im looking for a track car now. i want to join the scca cause my buddy says i dont need a license to race there as long as i have someone trailer in the car. so what kind of car should i get? im looking at a nissan pulsar that the engine is messed up on. im thinking get the sr20de and throw it in. or maybe a golf gti or perhaps a crx i dont know suggestions please!
Old 10-18-2004
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
Well how much do you wanna spend?
Old 10-18-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
you can get wholesale cars bro..
Old 10-18-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Buy an Early Miata. Seriously, its one Fun Fast car, and you can pick one up for Under 3,000 easy. Run E-Stock, and then Run STS2 or CSP

other then that, if you can find a 1989 Civic Si, its easily the best car to have for STS, or an 88 CRX Si wich may end up being top dog in STS2...
Old 10-18-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
im looking at spedning no more than a grand on just the car
Old 10-18-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
dont buy a german car, they will destroy your wallet if anything messes up on them
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

Jas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
How about the MR2 rodster
Old 10-18-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Can't you just drive the one you got?
I mean, if you've never done it before, what difference does it make if you got a Ferrari or a Horse and Buggy?
And you need a liscence for SCCA club racing
For autocross (Solo II) you don't, but you don't need to trailer a car to those, run what you brung.
Old 10-18-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

well im losing my license and im just gonna park my car at my house. also my civic is an automatic and i wantsomething 5spd for track racing
Old 10-19-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
dam man that suks
Old 10-19-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mugenman
well im losing my license and im just gonna park my car at my house. also my civic is an automatic and i wantsomething 5spd for track racing
So you think the SCCA is gonna let you race because you got no license to drive on the street?
I don't think so.
The following are required to apply for a Novice permit:
1. A current Physical Examination* dated no more than three months prior to application.
2. Two passport size photos.
3. A photocopy of both sides of your Motor Vehicle Operators license
4. 16 and 17 year olds:
a. A completed Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement form (original only, photo copies not accepted).
b. A completed Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgment form (original only, photo copies not accepted).
5. If you are 18-21 years of age and live in Alabama, Nebraska, or Wyoming, a notarized Minor Waiver Release form.
6. $55 Novice Permit fee. *NOTE: If you have health problems, you must get the approval of the SCCA Medical Board. For details contact the Central Licensing Department at 800-770-2055.

No one is going to let you drive without a valid state issued driver's license. If you've been deemed unsafe for the street, there's no way anyone's going to let you on a race track.
Old 10-19-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
They won't let you race without a license. Your friend does'nt know what he is talking about. If you want a race car, pick up an issue of grassroots motorsports and look at the ads in the back.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
CHECK ALL THE SCCA RULES!! You need to know what class you are going to race in and all that is allowed to be modified in that particular class. Honda Tuning has done some good articels on this kind of car. You can get into this fairly cheap. Late 80's and early 90's Civic Hatchbacks are very popular. You must use the stock engine and are limited to what you can do. Sounds mad cool to me. If I wasn't into building my Integra and other projects, I would definitely persue the racing thing. I have no clue about the license. Good Luck with court and everything else.
Old 10-19-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
The wont let you on the track.....
like everyone else said above you need a license and in upper division real track racing not autocross you need a racing license and you can only get that from a racing school bondurant etc..
Old 10-19-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Buy an Early Miata. Seriously, its one Fun Fast car, and you can pick one up for Under 3,000 easy. Run E-Stock, and then Run STS2 or CSP

other then that, if you can find a 1989 Civic Si, its easily the best car to have for STS, or an 88 CRX Si wich may end up being top dog in STS2...
he's right, a miata is a cheap track car and theres alot of competition
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
If I'm not mistaken, I beleive they now have a series SOLEY dedicated to Hondas. In that, there are 3 divisions according to mods and money. I'll have to dig out that issue of Honda-Tuning.
Old 10-19-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
NASA does the East and West coast honda challange.

What type of racing are you looking to get in to??? wheel to wheel? or Autocross?

wheel to wheel requires a Race license which is 2,000+ in school and training (you ushually have to provide your own car) and you have to run a minimum of 4 races per year to maintain it. Not sure if you need a drivers license(you probably do though).

Autocross allows you to run if you have a learners permit, but other wise you need a regular drivers license.
Old 10-19-2004
The Greatest

Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
from the grassroots motorsports web site... tells all about getting involved in all different forms of racing, and as it says, you need a valid driver's license for autocross. sorry man.
Getting into Racing