General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

this sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
this sucks!!

read this :

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=290817

man i guess we all have to start thinking of other brands for our future sports cars no more type R no more NSX thats sad....
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
fvck America!!!

I mean, fvck Honda!!! Buncha sellouts if that article is true.
Old 10-18-2004
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
dammit!!! i just hope for one year in the future of a Si thats a coupe again!!! like 2000 with a K20 or something in it.
Old 10-18-2004
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Come On Honda Step Up!
Old 10-18-2004
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Damn You Honda!! Damn You!
Old 10-18-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
dont believe everything you read. The NSX concept is already completed, hell its in next grand tourismo game. Its product research is already finished so it is highly likely they will release it. Also the NSX is a flagship car meaning it is meant to drive people into the showroom. They probally wont get rid of it.
However if they do its reasonible, the NSX current desighn is aged infact it sucks as a sports car, sorry honda fans. underpowered, outdated, and over priced = NSX. the public knows thats why only 3 were sold last year

Toyota doesnt have sports cars either...
lighter news the GTR is coming to the US and lotus is helping make the gearbox and chasis technology, it has also been confimred now that it will be a v6 twin turbo engine. Latest addition of motortrend says that it is not going to be priced around the G35 and it will be a limited production sports car hoping to push the market in technology.450hp is what they are gunning for and I garuntee you it will put a steap price on your pocket books. This will be first skyline GTR to share nothing in common with the skyline aka G35 coupe in US.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 10-18-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2004
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
The NSX concept is already completed, hell its in next grand tourismo game. .

Are you sure you dont mean that White NSX that was in Super Street a few months back that some guy dumped like 100k into. They said in that article it would be in the game ?
Old 10-18-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
^^exacly
Old 10-18-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Silversleeper
fvck America!!!

I mean, fvck Honda!!! Buncha sellouts if that article is true.
i agree man, but i seriously dont think honda will drop out of the high performance gig.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
If that article is true, then the Honda marketing engineers or whatever are a bunch of dumbasses. If they saw the number of sales on 7th gen coupes and sedans, and still wanted to maintain the performance line, they would simply make the Si a coupe again. or make the 4 door have an available K20 option in addition to the K20 powered coupe. Seriously, that shlt has to be fake.
Old 10-18-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
maybe we should send em e-mails or something, i really dont want them to slip up.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Damn You Honda!! Damn You!
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

blackcivic07 is an unknown quantity at this point
the nsx is one of the lightest cars on the market, may not have a lot of hp, but it's got a lot of torque, and it's fast...
this is from acura's website...
"The NSX was the first car in the U.S. to use Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC™), achieving what was previously impossible: generous low-rpm torque and awe-inspiring high-rpm horsepower from the same engine, without turbo or supercharging. VTEC helps the all-aluminum 3.2-liter V-6 engine of the 2005 NSX produce up to 290 hp and 224 lbs-ft of torque.

Just like a racing engine, each NSX engine is put together by hand by a single craftsman who takes all the time needed to ensure a perfect fit. The block, heads and pistons are made of aluminum alloys. The connecting rods are titanium. These lightweight yet tough materials keep the engine cool and let it run safely up to 8000 rpm."

outdated? the nsx is where honda develops most of their new technology that ends up in all their other models...

you can't compare to toyota...they are droppin the celica, and mr2 in the next couple years...they won't even know what a sports car is in america...
Old 10-18-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Focusing on SUVs? I was thinking that Ford and GM are gonna go down because SUV popularity is dropping.
Old 10-18-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
No fu$kin way that is true
Old 10-18-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
That is sad.

I blame everybody that drives an SUV!!!

I hope they mean slow selling expensive super cars when they refer to "high performance products", they should turn MORE towards sporty products...
Old 10-18-2004
Supercharged k20a3

Drivetofast is an unknown quantity at this point
thats bull they will never do that what about all the awd turbo cars they are probily going to come out with somthing like that
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with blackcivic07 the NSX is the best car honda has ever made the c32a is quite an engineering acomplishment in itself the car has 290hp but remember that honda is not about hp is about confort and technology seat ina lamborgini and then go seat in a nsx and the nsx actually feels like $90k car a lambo or ferrari feels like a civic with a 500hp engine and leather ive been lucky enoug to drive an old ferrari 355 and they are hard as hell those cars are just for looks thats why u only see them on the weekends sometimes plus they eat gas like a ****
the nsx is a daly driver sports car that really turns heads it has a lot of luxury features and its almost as fast as a c5 corvette or a lotus spirit. they designed the car so good that they havent found the need to change the design over 14 years!!! only cosmetic things have been changed thats amazing!! i wonder why ford and other companies redisigns its cars every 2 years or less????? if i were to choose between a ferrari and a NSX i'd choose the nsx in a heartbeat drive one and you'll understand i rented one for prom those were the best 24 hours of my life. well worth the $1,200 /day
Old 10-18-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
thats going to really suck if that goes through, i know that honda has a truck coming out soon, but yeah.
Old 10-18-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
oh yeah watch this http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/To...vic_NSX_lo.wmv you'll see maybe why honda is thinking about dropping the line if you listen to the man. i think they are like car and driver out in europe, except access to better cars.
Old 10-18-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
pfft like we get any type r's over here and i could never afford an nsx anyways, even if i could i would have to say id spend the money on something else anyways. i seriously doubt that story is true though, im confident they will keep makin performance oriented cars, they wouldn't dare drop out of the real race scene (f1 etc)
Old 10-18-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
oh yeah watch this http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/To...vic_NSX_lo.wmv you'll see maybe why honda is thinking about dropping the line if you listen to the man. i think they are like car and driver out in europe, except access to better cars.
The NSX-R is overpriced considering there is better performance elsewhere.... but thats largely due to the fact that Japan's "280 PS" mandatory rating and Honda has no V8's. Now, S2000 going is hard to believe.... last time I checked, my local Honda dealer sells every S2000 they can get from Japan.
Old 10-18-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah dont beilve that i dont
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

again, the nsx is honda's test/work horse...it would be a very sad day if they stopped making them...but i doubt they will.
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
However if they do its reasonible, the NSX current desighn is aged infact it sucks as a sports car, sorry honda fans.
Have you ever driven an NSX? I seriously doubt it since you say it sucks as a sports car. My aunt has an NSX. Before I received 4 tickets in it (101 in a 55, red light, reckless, attempt to elude) I drove it frequently. It definately does not suck. Yes, it is an aged design, but hearing 9000 rpm screaming at you, not more than a foot behind you is amazing. Surgical handling, excellent weight distribution, cockpit style interior, Honda reliability that is nearly maintenance free, and that sweet silhouette. In my book, it is second only to the E46 M3 (which is of a different generation). Just thinking about it is giving me a semi.

Last edited by suthrninca; 10-18-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Originally Posted by wrussi
i agree with blackcivic07 the NSX is the best car honda has ever made the c32a is quite an engineering acomplishment in itself the car has 290hp but remember that honda is not about hp is about confort and technology seat ina lamborgini and then go seat in a nsx and the nsx actually feels like $90k car a lambo or ferrari feels like a civic with a 500hp engine and leather ive been lucky enoug to drive an old ferrari 355 and they are hard as hell those cars are just for looks thats why u only see them on the weekends sometimes plus they eat gas like a ****
the nsx is a daly driver sports car that really turns heads it has a lot of luxury features and its almost as fast as a c5 corvette or a lotus spirit. they designed the car so good that they havent found the need to change the design over 14 years!!! only cosmetic things have been changed thats amazing!! i wonder why ford and other companies redisigns its cars every 2 years or less????? if i were to choose between a ferrari and a NSX i'd choose the nsx in a heartbeat drive one and you'll understand i rented one for prom those were the best 24 hours of my life. well worth the $1,200 /day
ive sat in a lambo and a ferrari as matter of fact. neither one feels like a civic even on its worst day WTF?!? ferraris are hard to drive with a manual because their clutch is f'in heavy. the lambo was more comfortable, because i like the feeling of being hugged if im gonna be in a top dollar super car.
and youre comment about a ferrari 355, well woopty do a 355 is nice but its not even a v12, its the lower end ferrari that you can pick one up used for less than 80k. any lamborghini is way more badass than an nsx, i have no idea where you came to your conclusion. /rant
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
Thinking about type Rs. I remember hearing somewhere that the first year they brought the integra type r here it actually sold out (doesnt that say something to a car company). I still dont understand why they wouldnt bring something here that would sell like crazy.
Old 10-19-2004
Registered!!

even if honda gets rid of the nsx, there's no way they won't come out with another super car. honda's engineers are insane, what other car company devots the time, money, resources to build the worlds most realistic crash test dummy. or the worlds most advanced robot. besides, they love tearin up the other compainies in the jananese racing circut.
Old 10-19-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
ummm, since when has honda ever been in high perfomance?

cars under 300hp aren't even considered as performance cars, gotta hit 400hp mark stock.

Last edited by lkm; 10-19-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply: this sucks!!