General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

R33 skyline for 10k#'s ! Evo2 for 4.6k#'s !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
R33 skyline for 10k#'s ! Evo2 for 4.6k#'s !!!

just browsin around and happened to find a few good deals in the uk for some suhweet specimens

http://www.hyeline.com/import_sale.htm
Old 09-25-2004
Euro-Spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
nice. wish I still lived in europe
Old 09-25-2004
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
That fairlady Z is screaming my name!!!!!! Cant be that much to ship over here. . . hmmmm . .
Old 09-25-2004
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
yea... ship it over here and you'll get two halves of a fairlady handed to you. I tried for about 6 months to import a silvia. it was impossible. customs has a lock down on any whole vehicle entering the US. there are two exceptions - racing use only and if you are moving over here and are bringing your car too... in which the car can only stay for a certain timeframe, then is either shipped back or destroyed.

the one way to illegally legally import a car.... it has to have a visual double in the US (a fairlady is a 300zx, a silvia is a 240sx, a gto is a 3000gt, civics, integras, etc) you import the car as either a parts car or racing use only. you then buy the US double of that car from a junkyard. you then apply for a salvage title and just say that the jdm car is really the one you bought at a junkyard. you say you used a JDM front clip, so theres no VIN but that it truthfully is the USDM car. (this is where it becomes hard to explain the RHD)

now the catch is that any engine not sold in the US is illegal for street use. so importing a silvia for example, it would need the USDM motor (the KA24 i think it is) in order to be registered. you then would have to swap back in the JDM motor... but if you manage to pull this entire feat off, whatever state you live in would actually rivet a VIN plate inside the engine bay and away you go.

there are a couple of other backdoors, but they all involve faking the cars identity as a USDM car. now you know why there are so few intact street legal JDM cars in the US. getting the car whole isn't hard, but registering it is.

just figured i'd share with everybody...

Last edited by LogicWavelength; 09-25-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
very interesting indeed... thanks for the info. ive always wondered about shipping cars over and why more people didnt do it, i just figured it was too hideously expensive for most people.
Old 09-25-2004
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
well... it is. If by some freakish chance you were given permission by US Customs to perform a naturalization to a JDM car.... aka converting its emissions to US spec and verifying crash data for a RHD vehicle to the DOT standards for this country.... (i think there are like 10 tests) then yes its rediculous. Motorex charges 15 or 20 thousand dollars for converting a skyline if you buy one on your own.... thats because they had to crash how many of the things to get DOT approval as well as the research and testing to get the car to pass emissions standards... we're talking stupid amounts of money.

my way of getting a JDM car here isn't very legal, but its how alot of them get here. the legal way is to basically repeat what Motorex did with the skyline.... and probably dropped a million or two to get that far. you can buy an R34 Skyline GT-R (not the V-Spec, but still its a GT-R) for like $25-35,000 US. It's the conversion charge that kills it.

Last edited by LogicWavelength; 09-25-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
its cheaper to move to the caymon islands in the caribbean sea. all jdm cars there woot
Old 09-26-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by xam
its cheaper to move to the caymon islands in the caribbean sea. all jdm cars there woot
so true..... a few years back, I was in my home town, and they were selling Supra's, Gt-Rs, Evo, Sti's for very low prices.... but also a lot of them are crashed but restored.
Old 09-26-2004
Registered!!

centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
you can impport cars over here, you just have to use alot of leg work. My friend is picking up his r32 tomorow from new orleans. It took forever for the car to get there but it finally happened. You just gotta work at it