General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Racing Stripes

What kind of cars do you think racing stripes work on?

I was raised as an old-school Mopar guy, so I think they only look good on wide, heavy, long, RWD, 400+ HP musclecars...and usually only black stripes, except white stripes on black paint or white stripes on blue (think Viper GTS-R, one of the most beautiful cars ever...)

I saw some on a 7thgen coming here...clean install but looked crappy in my opinion...dark grey stripes on red coupe...maybe if he went with white or black he could have pulled it off

I've seen lots of double stripes on srt-4's, some look good, some look bad. it's just not that kind of car I think.

any opinions...
Old 09-22-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Viper GTS...
The only one I like w/ stripes
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ agreed, otherwise they were out 30 years ago
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, stripes rarely look good on imports.My favorate is the white shelby mustang with the blue,the viper and looks good on the ram with that v-10 hi performance package.
Old 09-22-2004
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
vipers look good with them, do vettes, i never really seen a vette with one so i wouldnt know.
Old 09-22-2004
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got a 66 mustang that's white with 2 black stripes down the center.... looks pretty good IMO.
Old 09-22-2004
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
either american sports cars or old muscle cars.. those are the only things i think they look good on
Old 09-22-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Ford GT, Viper GTS, Shebly Cobra, 67-69 Camaro SS, Shelby GT350/500. Yea thats about it.
Old 09-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know... I think they look pretty good on this import.

especially since its British racing green.... Doubley so because its in the traditional Lotus colors (Gold/Yellow and Green). BUt then again I'm a bit biased
Old 09-22-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
if it was one up the middle i'd say yea.

Old 09-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Ya but then the Lotus emblem wouldnt be very visible.... (Yellow Circle with Green stroked Lotus)
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by civic2nr819
I agree, stripes rarely look good on imports.My favorate is the white shelby mustang with the blue,the viper and looks good on the ram with that v-10 hi performance package.
the hi-po hemi or the srt-10 with the viper motor?
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

yellow stripes on green...not my style. let britain keep the lotuses. I want the enzos red is pretty...
Old 09-22-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
i saw a cavalier with one the other day ... real good laugh
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

^^

What, you don't know about those Warp 6 cavaliers?
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno . I think its the viper motor. I know its really expensive(like 50k) and really fast.It comes from the factory with the stripes.
Old 09-22-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
stripes look good but their really unnescessary on most cars.
example: a 69 camaro ss can look better without its stripes.

doesnt the 2002 anniversary camaro ss come in red with white stripes?
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by civic2nr819
I dunno . I think its the viper motor. I know its really expensive(like 50k) and really fast.It comes from the factory with the stripes.
ah, then it's the hemi. the ram srt-10 just came out this year...it's red, no stripes, and has the 550 HP viper motor in it, advertised to do a standing 1/4 mile in 13.1 for a truck that's fast as hell...the new ford lightening is supposed to be faster, the 2005 model...so dodge plans on 700 HP for the 2006 ram srt-10

yet both are only warranted to pull <1000 lbs.

it's not the "fastest truck" competition it's the "who can make the most useless truck" competition
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
the hi-po hemi or the srt-10 with the viper motor?
If its a hi-po ram with the V10, its definetly the worlds most pointless truck, the SRT-10

I am with you though, only muscle cars of old and Vipers look good with stripes.

While we are on the subject, why is it that idiot ricers (both foreign and domestic) are feeling the need to put one stripe that is off-center on their car? Is this supposed to be "cool"?
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

500 horsepower
8.3L V10 Viper power engine
525 lb.-ft. of torque
6-speed manual transmission with Hurst shifter
22" polished aluminum wheels
Dual exhaust
508-watt Infinity Sound System

there are some specs for 2004...those specs cost you 45,795

8.3L oh my god...those 502 race motors come out just over 8 liters (but those are 8 cylinders so...) I guess that makes the viper motor a small 10 cylinder what an oxymoron. but by 10 cylinder standards I guess that is small...
Old 09-22-2004
Autocross Junky

yellow stripes on green...not my style. let britain keep the lotuses. I want the enzos red is pretty...

Don't know man, there just somthing impressive about a car with 190HP that can beat Ferrari F40s and Porsche GT3s on a road course...

Personally I've liked very few Ferraris and the Enzo is definitly not one of them. (Personally I think it looks like 3 kinds of ***..)
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

the other rams have that 5.7L hemi that dodge has been throwing into everything...the ram, the dakota, the magnum, the 300M...jeez racecars...
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

the other rams have that 5.7L hemi that dodge has been throwing into everything...the ram, the dakota, the magnum, the 300M...jeez racecars...
And the real Ram's have the Cummins 600
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

awe-inspiring displacement right there...
Old 09-22-2004
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
mini cooper s deserves a racing stripe
Old 09-22-2004
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
I never really liked stripes on any car. Sure that car looks good with the stripes, but it's only cuz the car already looked nice without them. They don't necessarily make it look better, just different. I see them on neons all the time, I personally think it's disgusting.
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

especially when they get the bigger supercharger and the limited slip aftermarket options sold through BMW...they can get installed at the dealership too

sweet deal...wish honda would offer us a posi front and a bigass supercharger too
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

awe-inspiring displacement right there...
Its "only" a 5.9L, but for an Inline 6, thats pretty impressive. 600 ft. lbs. of torque at 1600rpm for a stock pickup... now thats truly impressive
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

a 5.9 in an I6 is nearly unheard of, comparable to that 3.0L I4 honda engine thread from ebay...the fact that its a factory motor is even more I would expect a 5.9 to have no less than 8 cylinders, that's a mid to high range 8 number...
Old 09-22-2004
Banned

especially when they get the bigger supercharger and the limited slip aftermarket options sold through BMW...they can get installed at the dealership too

sweet deal...wish honda would offer us a posi front and a bigass supercharger too
sorry i didn't quote...this was in repsonse to blue honda civ's statement that mini cooper S needed a stripe

I posted so quick after him I thought it would be wham bam but that other guy jumped right in there...

eww that sounds wrong...

Quick Reply: Racing Stripes