General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slammed2k1civ is an unknown quantity at this point
questions

my friend was telling me that with the right mods and equipment it would be possible to put a eclipse stock turbo on our cars.....is this tru or is he totally wrong....the other question is.......i heard that the chip in the 2001 hx majorily the only thing stopping it from performing like a ex (hp wise).....is this tru or wrong again....i dont know if these are rumors or not???????any advice o n these questions would be helpful...especialy about the turbo....cause if it is we can get the turbo off ebay for about 150$...then its just a matter of doing the extra mods....which will save us alot.....let me know whats up on these questions......

slammed2k1civ
Old 11-27-2001
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never seen an eclipse turbo, but i would assume it's kinda big. From what I understand, we didn't get a Jackson Supercharger was because our engine bay is too small, I would assume the engine bay is too small for the eclipse turbo too. Then again, like everyone say, if you got the greens, anything is possible. Like you said yourself "then it's just a matter of doing the extra mods..." but at what cost?

I am not sure about the chip thing, but I think the reason LX doesn't par up with EX is because LX is non-vtec and EX is.

I am not 100% sure on either of my answers, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11-27-2001
Registered!!

Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
The header/cat/downpipe setup on the HX is different from the EX.....the HX is designed more for fuel efficiency, and is not as easily modifiable in terms of performance as the EX is.