General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

The "Turbonator" ? a joke or real?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mischieflts is an unknown quantity at this point
The "Turbonator" ? a joke or real?

OF couse i saw that ad at the top of the page for this turbonator. a small turbine which is used to push air into the engine. now, this thing has yielded (supposedly) results of upwards of 35hp /31% increase in gas mileage. now, for 70 bux let me say very f*&& nice. has anyone actually used this thing? is it worth it? because let me tell you, i would love to have better gas mileage than my car already has. and alittle more HP wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 08-07-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you ****ing Jokein Who whould Try it

Im Rick James Bitch srry Had to do it
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

you're right. who would try a 70 dollar mock turbocharger, advertised on these very forums, with a lifetime warantee, 30 day money back guarantee, and results of upward 20-30hp increase with more gas mileage. what the HELL was i thinking.

thx for giving my signature a purpose by the way

has anyone actually TRIED or KNOW someone that HAS tried this thing, care to comment?
Old 08-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
is this the product that replaces your factory air box or something? it has that blade style design? if it is, doesnt work. people on the board here talked about it and all bad comments about it. one of those blade vents can jam your throttle and repairing that would cost a lot.
if not... link me
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

well lets see, according to the website it goes after your air filter. i don't know if that's the same thing you are talkin about or not? here's the quote

"The Turbonator™ is a non-moving vortex generator that goes inside your air intake hose, right after your air filter."

www.TurboNator.com
but yea, thx for some actual USEFUL information.
Old 08-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

i wouldnt trust this product. no one i know of uses it, never seen it in any magazine ad at all, cheaply made, the interviews,reviews they have their are most likely bs and made up. even the site is poorly created.

definately stay away from this product. unless your willing to try. but its a watse of money to me. i'd never try it on any of my cars or even let people i know try it.

if it was that great, wouldnt those great drag racers use it?
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Believe me, it'll start moving over time when it gets old. Whoops, there goes your engine. It doesn't give any gain on our cars. The intake ports are already designed to create an air vortex before combustion. Our intake manifold will dissipate any kind of "vortex air" the device might create. So it's useless. Just trying to save you money.
Old 08-07-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this the same thing as Tornado fuel saver?
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by dalaw
Is this the same thing as Tornado fuel saver?
thats exactally what I was thinking, I've seen ads on tv for the Tornado(not recently.. many months ago), sounds like the exact same thing w/ a new name to scam more people..
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
it is the same thing as the tornado. the tornado claimed the same numbers as this turbonator thing. super street magazine tested the tornado device a few years ago and reported that there were no gains in horsepower or mpg. waste of money!
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, the tornado was plastic and much more prone to having a fin sucked into your TB.
Old 08-07-2004
bel
Registered!!

bel is an unknown quantity at this point
lets put it dis way bro, even da best aftermarket air intakes mods cud only master 2-6 hp increase (im saying these free flowing/radical cold air intakes n induction kits) on a stock engine, how can a "turbonator" relying on a restricted stock air filter provide more airflow to the engine gaining (WTF%$#@!!!) 35 hp gain!!!! GOD HELP US, WE CUD BE SEEING ALL OUR DAMN GOOD RIDES WITH DIFFRENT COLORED NEON "TURBONATOR" IN OUR SEE THRU AIR NTAKE HOSES!!!! *** kudos to gearbox 4 supplying a more scientific approach!!!
Old 08-07-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
well.. every little bit helps..
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member

It says you can add more than one! That means twice the hp!
Old 08-07-2004
Riceburners Bitch

blkdak99rt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FuzzBeC00L
Are you ****ing Jokein Who whould Try it

Im Rick James Bitch srry Had to do it
Rick James died yesterday.... Bitch
Old 08-07-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blkdak99rt
Rick James died yesterday.... Bitch
old news.. rick james isn't dead because, i'm rick james, bitch!

oh yea.. and the turbonator is garbage just like all these other scams people try to sell to us ricers..
Old 08-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

think to yourself... "am i really going to gain *this much* horsepower with $80?..."

Old 08-07-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
think of it this way. if was really that good and added HP and gas mileage for cheap, it would probally be ont he car stock or if not most people would be buying it, but you cant find anyone with it leading you to believe its not a very good product
Old 08-07-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Think of it this way, does that piece of junk metal worth $80?
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member

You can honestly make your own, but why would you want to stick a metal "vortex" generator inside the intake system to BLOCK airflow? I bet you would lose performance if anything.

Okay now it's time to talk about the e-ram supercharger for our cars
Old 08-07-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jttegx
think to yourself... "am i really going to gain *this much* horsepower with $80?..."

Well I think DH sold about 150 $200 magic pulleys to people here, with a claim of 20-30whp gains. So some people will believe anything
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont buy it.
Old 08-08-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Originally Posted by guns
Well I think DH sold about 150 $200 magic pulleys to people here, with a claim of 20-30whp gains. So some people will believe anything

what were the results?
Old 08-08-2004
Premium Member

1hp and eventual engine damage.
Old 08-08-2004
No Title

maxsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hire a midget to blow into your intake manifold, it will gain 20+ HP.

Your own personal midget, only 9 easy payments $79.95.

THE TURBOMIDGET....
Old 08-08-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
Actually, the tornado was plastic and much more prone to having a fin sucked into your TB.

I had one of those back in 1996 in my 91 si hatch. Back then a SRI was a peice of PVC with a K&N bolted down to the inner well with a trucks exaust u bracket.

I put one of those Tornado cookie cutter lookin things in the pipe and it didn't do anything. I was kinda pissed but hey - back then you were lucky to find much at all for that car.
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

rofl, thx for the info guys. its bs after all. thx again
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Like Intakes, you'd have to have a MASSIVE engine to get those kinds of gains. In this case, if it actually worked, we're talking Nuclear Turbine might get 35HP...
Old 08-08-2004
VTEC MASTER

redvtec04 should not be trustedredvtec04 should not be trusted
Read

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cains1/Fuel_saving.htm
Old 08-08-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Do you REALLY think that you would get that kind of horsepower gain when the PROPER way to do it (turbo) costs several thousand dollars?

Consider the logic... nuff said

Quick Reply: The "Turbonator" ? a joke or real?