General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prism111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scion tC

Wow i had a pretty good day today. Went to school failed my math test came home didnt do my homework and then went to drive the scion tC. All i can say is wow. For the price of a 7th gen civic ex u can get so much more in the tC. We drove both the automatic and the stick for about an hour combined. If ur gunna get 1 make sure u get a stick because the auto is way slower and it cost more almost a 1000 more. Hey i think i might get 1.
Old 07-14-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
WRONG FORUM!!!!

jk

Yes stick is the way to go
Old 07-15-2004
Freedom costs a Buck o'Five

88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prism111
Wow i had a pretty good day today. Went to school failed my math test came home didnt do my homework and then went to drive the scion tC. All i can say is wow. For the price of a 7th gen civic ex u can get so much more in the tC. We drove both the automatic and the stick for about an hour combined. If ur gunna get 1 make sure u get a stick because the auto is way slower and it cost more almost a 1000 more. Hey i think i might get 1.

I can smell an advertisement...

Life got you down? Did you fail a math test today? Did you forget to do your homework again? Ya know Billy, you can make all those worries disappear when you sit in your spankin' new Scion tC...as soon as you get back out, Life sucks again!

The New Scion: For kids who just dont give a rats *** about anything else
Old 07-15-2004
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
^^lmao.. those scions are pretty sweet though.. but i still luv the honda
Old 07-15-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 88AccordDX
I can smell an advertisement...

Life got you down? Did you fail a math test today? Did you forget to do your homework again? Ya know Billy, you can make all those worries disappear when you sit in your spankin' new Scion tC...as soon as you get back out, Life sucks again!

The New Scion: For kids who just dont give a rats *** about anything else
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

FTK01CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the tC's are awesome!!! sister is picking one up soon (bro might get one too)! ill post pics.

Old 07-15-2004
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
i like em
Old 07-15-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
i wanna see the supercharged one though
Old 07-15-2004
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
looks like a paseo. still a budget brand car
Old 07-15-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by Got Boost???
i wanna see the supercharged one though
The dealership here has one thats all fixed up w/ TRD as well as other performance parts. It looks pretty sweet, but they're asking almost $25k and w/ that kind of money i'd rather get an rsx-s or s2k. I wanted to test drive that sucker, but it was in their showroom...
Old 07-15-2004
Neo
Registered!!

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, there supposed to be pretty good but i don't know i have my doubt about a car company who is trying to cater younger kids..... they may just say "hey, this kids are just dumb enough to go on looks and not care if the car is a piece of crap" well, I'm gonna let some other dude spend his money and find out if its a good car or not before i get one
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Moved to General Auto Ramblings

The mods here can delete it because it's been discussed so ****ing much.
Old 07-15-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
saw my first TC today..it was pretty..umm....interesting?
Old 07-15-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Neo
Yeah, there supposed to be pretty good but i don't know i have my doubt about a car company who is trying to cater younger kids..... they may just say "hey, this kids are just dumb enough to go on looks and not care if the car is a piece of crap" well, I'm gonna let some other dude spend his money and find out if its a good car or not before i get one
The whole point of the Scion name brand is to get back some buyers for toyota. Toyota has that old person image to it and many younger buyers (teens to early/mid 20s) are simply overlooking Toyota. Toyota is NOT going to try and screw over their customers simply just for the money. They're going to make some pretty good cars that are reliable, and yet, affordable while building upon a name that they can use in 20 years. Scion was probably one of the best decisions that toyota could have made, other than beginning production of the Toyota Supra back in the day.

If Toyota didn't start the Scion branch, they'd probably die out like oldsmobile, which is EXACTLY what they are trying to avoid. Look at the toyota line-up right now, what to they have that looks appealing to younger buyers? The Celica and perhaps the Corolla. Personally, I don't really like anything in the toyota line-up.

Honda, on the other hand, has a lot less advertising that they have to do to attract younger buyers. With the production of the fast and the furious, loads of kids think civics are speed demons. Honda is milking this thought for all its worth. And if that fails, there's everyone else who knows that a civic is a great economy car that reliable, gets great mileage, and is pretty damn nature friendly.

And how many kids do you think can afford to go out and simply buy a car based simply on their looks? In a society where breast implants are becoming the norm for high school graduation gifts, parents aren't going to give their kid a car that cost $16,000 that won't last at least 8+ years. Hell, everyone wants a car that'll last, which is way many people read consumer reports before buying cars or at least has an idea of the resale value. Toyota knows this and therefore is pretty much required to make a car that'll last and keep its value.

You can be pretty sure that the car will last long, but we can only wait and see if it can keep its resale value. The car/name/brand is simply too new to say at this time.

What i think of the tc? I think its friggen pimp. Headlights of a BMW, body of an Infiniti G35, loads of standard features, 17 inch rims that look just as good if not better than anything on the aftermarket, and factory aftermarket support including superchargers from the get-go. Hell, they even give you some pretty nice tires (same as IS300) compared to the Sh|ttystones that honda gives you with the civic. Pretty nice if you ask me.

Last edited by cambo; 07-15-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cambo
The whole point of the Scion name brand is to get back some buyers for toyota. Toyota has that old person image to it and many younger buyers (teens to early/mid 20s) are simply overlooking Toyota. Toyota is NOT going to try and screw over their customers simply just for the money. They're going to make some pretty good cars that are reliable, and yet, affordable while building upon a name that they can use in 20 years. Scion was probably one of the best decisions that toyota could have made, other than beginning production of the Toyota Supra back in the day.

If Toyota didn't start the Scion branch, they'd probably die out like oldsmobile, which is EXACTLY what they are trying to avoid. Look at the toyota line-up right now, what to they have that looks appealing to younger buyers? The Celica and perhaps the Corolla. Personally, I don't really like anything in the toyota line-up.

Honda, on the other hand, has a lot less advertising that they have to do to attract younger buyers. With the production of the fast and the furious, loads of kids think civics are speed demons. Honda is milking this thought for all its worth. And if that fails, there's everyone else who knows that a civic is a great economy car that reliable, gets great mileage, and is pretty damn nature friendly.

And how many kids do you think can afford to go out and simply buy a car based simply on their looks? In a society where breast implants are becoming the norm for high school graduation gifts, parents aren't going to give their kid a car that cost $16,000 that won't last at least 8+ years. Hell, everyone wants a car that'll last, which is way many people read consumer reports before buying cars or at least has an idea of the resale value. Toyota knows this and therefore is pretty much required to make a car that'll last and keep its value.

You can be pretty sure that the car will last long, but we can only wait and see if it can keep its resale value. The car/name/brand is simply too new to say at this time.

What i think of the tc? I think its friggen pimp. Headlights of a BMW, body of an Infiniti G35, loads of standard features, 17 inch rims that look just as good if not better than anything on the aftermarket, and factory aftermarket support including superchargers from the get-go. Hell, they even give you some pretty nice tires (same as IS300) compared to the Sh|ttystones that honda gives you with the civic. Pretty nice if you ask me.

OMG U WROTE ALL THIS
Old 07-15-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
A+.

But baalaah! I saw one on a truck. Its sooo sooo...eggy.
Old 07-15-2004
Boobies are my friend!

street300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Civicster
looks like a paseo. still a budget brand car
Yes the supercharged one will be badass.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
test drove one. very nice.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

bullseye is an unknown quantity at this point
I am 41 years old and I want one!
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

scorpion232 is an unknown quantity at this point
the scion is toyotas way to get back into the teen market not to powerful but still good enuf to get you moving i drove on e and i thought it had to much oversteer and not as much pwer as my civic did when it was stock
Old 07-15-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Civic_Racer9
OMG U WROTE ALL THIS
hah. yea.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
scion tC, camry engine, japanese toyota avantis platform....nice.