General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How would you build a $100 grand Civc?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
How would you build a $100 grand Civc?

As you can see from my sig. I want a $100 to spend on my car.

So here it is lets start listing the mods we would do if we could throw a hundred thousand bucks into our cars......Its in Canadian funds so you Americans only get to spend $75 grand.

To keep this from getting boring lets do ball park totals...................for example: K motor = 6 grand approx.

Old 04-15-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Gutted, FUll Tube frame and Cage, AWD setup, 2.0L turbo engine, Rally Tires, rally wheels, and go to the WRC.
Old 04-15-2004

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
haha I was waiting for the AWD, where could we steal drive train from? CRV I guess
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Civicious is an unknown quantity at this point
How would I build it?.... Very carefully! J/K

What would I do to it? Probably Rally the hell out of it like Zzyzx.

I'd go for an AWD setup for that cash.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Hurts2bStock
haha I was waiting for the AWD, where could we steal drive train from? CRV I guess
Nah, take it from the best. SUBARU!
Old 04-15-2004

Then no K motor............booo!

J/K but lets try to keep um hondas
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted
For get about having a civic , i will go all out for a Porche Carrera !
Old 04-15-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
no K motor.... how about an NSX motor... convert to RWD for some bad azz drifting. Herd of older civics having it done. They use a ford 9inch rear end... lol. Price??? probably less than 75 G's, but I still have the interior to go.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Hurts2bStock
Then no K motor............booo!

J/K but lets try to keep um hondas
Ya you're right. Shame on me. I still can't believe Honda isn't in the WRC.
Old 04-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
^2.0 L highly tunned K20A, talking about forged pistons, port polish all the goodies. Than I would slap a cybernation stage 3 turbo on it along with redoing the suspension( tiens ) with a nice pair of slicks. Not done yet!
while keeping it decently reliable(as reliable as a 350hp 4cyl can be around 300 happy).
Slap a role cage in it keeping everything else I already have done with my car.... Put a carbon fiber hood and trunk.
ohh yes I am defently doing a true wide body on the baby replacing the pannels with fiberglass, hell replace fender aka wide body, rear pannels , side pannels, not doors, roof (got a roll cage )...
The rest of the money would invest in a spare engine and paying for the fee's as i take this baby out at fontana at california speedway. I am sure one engine is gonna go!
Hell if I still had money left over I would convert it to rear wheel drive.
I hit 100 grand yet?
well heres another thing I would loose the glass windows and go plastic... (keep the glass for road use) after all its a race car with a sound system, bahh i dont need airconditiong...remove that as well, not like cost me anything to do that.
In the end I want a car thats somewhat streetible by paying off the average smog joe, that can run with the some race potent M3's on the track! not talking about those actual Lemanns cheater v8 bastards

there all done.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 04-15-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
thats no fun, everyone expects those to haul a**...that would be the beauty of a civic....nobody would expect it to stomp everyone else.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Ershall
thats no fun, everyone expects those to haul a**...that would be the beauty of a civic....nobody would expect it to stomp everyone else.
I agree. Keep the exterior sleeper!
Old 04-15-2004
Tre
Registered!!

Tre is an unknown quantity at this point
I would swap a k20 w/tranny into the front engine bay. Then hire some mechanical guru to put another k20 w/tranny in the rear to give me dual engines, dual transmissions, and AWD. Boost the hell out of both of them. Then slap the forward transmission into first gear, and the rear transmission into reverse....thus comitting the world's sickest burnout, EVER.
Old 04-15-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
^yes I know, I could go without the wide body, however the car will be so much more stable with it. I dont care if they know its going to go like a bat out of hell. I want them looking in the rear view mirror as I blow by them at 155 mph thinking damn i just got owned by a honda in my 100grand GTR or Porsche GT3
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Tre
I would swap a k20 w/tranny into the front engine bay. Then hire some mechanical guru to put another k20 w/tranny in the rear to give me dual engines, dual transmissions, and AWD. Boost the hell out of both of them. Then slap the forward transmission into first gear, and the rear transmission into reverse....thus comitting the world's sickest burnout, EVER.
Thats a pretty cool, and unique idea. Although sounds very complicated. Then again you DO have $100,000 to burn.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteCastle
^yes I know, I could go without the wide body, however the car will be so much more stable with it. I dont care if they know its going to go like a bat out of hell. I want them looking in the rear view mirror as I blow by them at 155 mph thinking damn i just got owned by a honda in my 100grand GTR or Porsche GT3
Then when you blow by them you could have a bumper sticker that says "You paid too much!".

Old 04-15-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
k20 type r swap
recaro bucket seats front and back with door inserts
carbon fiber inner pieces
visor screens
head rest screens
head unit flip up monitor.
dvd and ps2
custom audio system in trunk /cab. wraped in carbon fiber.
bright yellow paint job.
lambo doors.
Mugen rims
custom turbo
02 si rear disk brakes conversion.
cf hood
Old 04-15-2004

Ok my list

Sparco torinos = 2500
Custom tan suede with baseball style metal stitching = 4800
AWD= 50 000-
k motor sleved and forged internals port polish, you know all the goodies with turbo = 20 000
Tube control arms and rollcage 4000
full DVD/Stereo with all the hidden screen 10 000
Suspension/coilovers stuff like that 5000
Custom kit with full body work / paint 6000

=$102.300 and I have no mony for my custom made rims or my 6 piston calipers and 13' rotors

Those are going on the Credit card I guess
Old 04-15-2004

Originally posted by Tre
They did that to an audi TT it cost over a million.....so yeah you went over budget like me
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

t3a5p00n is an unknown quantity at this point
i would buy a civic EX manual, put a nice sound system in it, then put the rest in my bank account, or invest in something stable.

but of course, i don't have a civic right now, and i would be happy with a stock civic with a sound systme for now.
Old 04-15-2004

Originally posted by t3a5p00n
i would buy a civic EX manual, put a nice sound system in it, then put the rest in my bank account, or invest in something stable.

but of course, i don't have a civic right now, and i would be happy with a stock civic with a sound systme for now.

Life sounds way too exiting over at your house.........snorning
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Not sure if this fits within the $100k budget but here is what you could do:

• 3.0-liter Acura NSX V-6 engine
• Hogan intake manifold
• Saenz titanium rods
• Wiseco forged pistons
• upgraded rocker arms
• Crane cams
• upgraded cam gears
• Lenco 5-speed transmission
• Velasco billet crank
• East-West titanium clutch
• Innovative Turbo Systems turbochargers and wastegates
• Fluidyne radiator
• upgraded engine management/data acquisition
• upgraded air/fuel controller
• upgraded ignition
• MSD spark plug wires
• MSD coils
• Denso iridium spark plugs
• Don Ness Racecars chromoly steel chassis
• Lamb adjustable front strut assembly with titanium springs
• KONI electronic rear shocks
• Racepak chassis data acquisition
• Lamb carbon fiber brakes
• Toyo tires (25.0x4.5x15-front, 33.5x17x16-rear)
• Carbon fiber Civic body with enhanced aerodynamics
• Pro-Seat custom molded seat
• carbon fiber wheel tubs
• Sparco steering wheel
• Auto meter gauges

Believe it or not this has already been done to a 7thgen. 100pts to the first person who posts the owner of this car's name.
Old 04-15-2004

^that car is well over 100k. That V6 alone is about 30 grand... I hate acura NSX but d@mn that is one tight civ
Old 04-15-2004

Originally posted by Civicious
Not sure if this fits within the $100k budget but here is what you could do:

• 3.0-liter Acura NSX V-6 engine
• Hogan intake manifold
• Saenz titanium rods
• Wiseco forged pistons
• upgraded rocker arms
• Crane cams
• upgraded cam gears
• Lenco 5-speed transmission
• Velasco billet crank
• East-West titanium clutch
• Innovative Turbo Systems turbochargers and wastegates
• Fluidyne radiator
• upgraded engine management/data acquisition
• upgraded air/fuel controller
• upgraded ignition
• MSD spark plug wires
• MSD coils
• Denso iridium spark plugs
• Don Ness Racecars chromoly steel chassis
• Lamb adjustable front strut assembly with titanium springs
• KONI electronic rear shocks
• Racepak chassis data acquisition
• Lamb carbon fiber brakes
• Toyo tires (25.0x4.5x15-front, 33.5x17x16-rear)
• Carbon fiber Civic body with enhanced aerodynamics
• Pro-Seat custom molded seat
• carbon fiber wheel tubs
• Sparco steering wheel
• Auto meter gauges

Believe it or not this has already been done to a 7thgen. 100pts to the first person who posts the owner of this car's name.

Hahah you hit the 100 grand mark with just your motor ........Nice!
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

LOL! Well let's just pretend I bought it with hella miles on it. ;-)
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

invasian is an unknown quantity at this point
wow...so the sky is the limit huh...? i like...

id go with a nsx motor swap, rwd, and cf the hell out of it...i think thats everything. should be around $100k already.
Old 04-15-2004

Originally posted by invasian
wow...so the sky is the limit huh...? i like...

id go with a nsx motor swap, rwd, and cf the hell out of it...i think thats everything. should be around $100k already.
See what happens when you dont budget.....what about the soft-serve icream machine? and the fish tank? dam those are requirements for sure!

J/K....lol

Last edited by Hurts2bStock; 04-15-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Well here is the car I posted specs on earlier. I'm sure many of you have already seen it.

Last edited by Civicious; 03-30-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Ever hear of the Sport Compact Car super street chalanege, or something like that. Look it up in 2001 (i think) a guy did that twin motor thing with a Tibby. He DID put one tranny in reverse and one in forward

As an car fan, my reaction was: and and something like

As an engineer my reaction was: that's not good for the chasis

Last edited by Jrfish007; 04-15-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2004

Yee-haa that car must fly^^^^^^ but im not a big fan of going straight even my ride could kill it in tight corner no welded diff for me......and its hard to drive at night with stickers for headlights....lol

Quick Reply: How would you build a $100 grand Civc?