General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

*UPDATED AGAIN* SRT-4's Falling apart before 10,000 miles!! *UPDATED*

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
Maybe you dont know how to drive????????
lol
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

APME123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Damn the Thread is still kicking!!!

I ve driven an Srt-4 and quality wise they suck, look at all of the gaps betwen dashboard, stereo and other stuff like the glove box, the build quality is garbage compared to japanese cars or even korean cars.
Old 12-05-2003
Banned

HustleLikeMOFO is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao, my picture made it onto thier site!

I Just checked out the SRT forum and those guys are hypocrits. They are calling us idiots for saying stupid **** about Neons while they are saying even stupider **** about civics. I like the fact that they assume that we all think our cars are fast and we are all VTEC crazy, now who else would say that besides dumbasses who know that they are lying to themselves.
Old 12-05-2003
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
sigh...the problems with these kinds of threads is that its jus a pissing contest. then when someone on a certain side makes a SARCASTIC remark, the other side doesnt know because they don't know how he/she really is.. then well.. we have nucleur winter.
Old 12-05-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
If i didn't have a headache I'd sign up for their little forum just to curse everyone of them off.... But I must go play in the snow now! haha
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

BlackNRedSi is an unknown quantity at this point
You all gotta back up off the SRT4....From owning a 03Si, i dont care what u all say, that SRT4 is super ****ing fast...and will destroy the CIVIC in a blip of the throttle...

yes you can go get a turbo for your CIVIC and be just as fast, but you WILL VOID your warrenty....

This is a first year car, what do you expect? dodge to have it perfect?! come on guys dont make your website (7thgencivic) i say your because i post on ephatch...) look bad by bashing a BAD *** CAR!

Eric

Ps. i got nothin but luv 4 the SRT4!
Old 12-05-2003

kingj07 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya gotta give respect where respect is due. you also gotta think that people buy cars for different reasons, i just happened to buy an srt-4 so that i could show the kids building up their hondas and acuras that they wasted their time. i did get beat by a civic hatch on the track once, but the guy only races that car, period.

my mission has been acomplished, btw.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

philliesblunt420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
i dont care what u all say, that SRT4 is super ****ing fast...and will destroy the CIVIC in a blip of the throttle...
that comment had me roflmao, yes the srt-4 is fast compared to a stock civic...but it can hardly be called "super ****ing fast"

it seems as though many of the srt-4 owners (and apparently a few on this board as well) are still blind to the fact that they drive a neon as well as the fact that they're still slow.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by philliesblunt420
that comment had me roflmao, yes the srt-4 is fast compared to a stock civic...but it can hardly be called "super ****ing fast"

it seems as though many of the srt-4 owners (and apparently a few on this board as well) are still blind to the fact that they drive a neon as well as the fact that they're still slow.
....and i guess you are blind that you are DRIVING A CIVIC man! What ?!?!?!

Both cars NEON BASE and CIVIC are ECO cars PERIOD....so dont bash on the NEON on that part...

Second yes compaired to a STOCK CIVIC the SRT4 is a FAST F'n Car (sorry earlier about cursin) what? even my car stock (03Si) has 138HP to the wheels, and very low 100s for torque...i doubt the EX has anything more then that...So yeah, there is about a 100 HP difference bra...and in tracktimes thats a HUGE DIFFERENCE making the SRT4 a FAST F'n Car....Im not saying its a Porsche but it is quick...

Period...

i am not jumpin sides on this, i am prowd of my Civic end of story...

Eric
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Apparently you misunderstood my post...
How am I blind to the fact that I drive a civic? I was simply referring to the people over at the srt forum trying to hide behind the srt-4 badge and claim they arn't driving neons.
and when I said the srt-4 is slow I wasnt tryin to compare it to my car or any car for that matter...just as cars go in general...the srt-4 is still slow...
granted it is much faster than our civics as I even pointed out in my earlier post, but that certainly doesn't qualify it as fast to me. and why would you even compare a turbo 4 cyl. to a n/a 4 cyl. to begin with? Like it's been said time and time again the srt-4 is being marketed as a $20,000 performance car, and ultimately you do get what you par for...so should it really come as some big suprise to anyone that their falling apart already?
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

whatevea mang, i aint tryin to argue with you, i just put my .02 in...anyways lateron, back i go to where i belong ...have a merry xmas happy new year too

Eric
Old 12-05-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
ALL SRT-4 owners.........please do not put everyone of us in the group of dodge haters.

I love your car and know it's greatness.

We do have many kids on this site who do not know what they are talking about. The are just going on what they have heard and been brainwashed with.

I applaud the SRT-4 owners for being very mature in their posts. You are backing your information up with facts and experiences. Please enjoy your stay on our site. Feel free to PM me with any problems that our members give you.

On the other hand I am very dissappointed in my fellow civic owners' posts. The civic kids on this site seem only to be posting "it's still a dodge", etc. Please grow up fellow 7thgeners. You are making asses out of yourselves.

Last edited by CarbonFly; 12-05-2003 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

JaySrt4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I kinda feel dumber now after reading this topic. Now where to begin.

Ok first off dodge is new to the turbo scene? Well they have been doing it for awhile so I really doubt they are new to it. They had the Omni GLHS Daytonas both being turbo.

Now I would like to know of ANY first year production car that hasnt had any problems with it. Wow the car has a problem with the clutch. I have 9000 miles on mine and havent had a problem. Most of the people that have problems with theirs either cant drive stick or didnt properly break their car in. I also recall civics having problems with their clutches also.

Yes the civic is more reliable than the neon. Who cares. I know I didnt buy my car for it to be reliable I bought it because of the potential it has. Yah I could of went and bought a civic put a turbo on it and still probably wouldnt be up to the power of the srt4 and I know no where near the torque. Plus that would void the warranty now that would be great.

Who gives a rats *** about the interior? I didnt buy my car so the interior would line up perfectly I could care less.

Comparing the regular neon and the srt4 is like comparing apples and oranges. Yah they are both fruit but everyone knows the apple is better. They did more than just change the motor in the car maybe you should pick up a copy of motor trend and you would find out.

Civic and Neon owners need to quit bitching back and forth. Both cars are 4 bangers and are hated by most shitstang owners and both are classified as rice cars. So how bout we just talk trash about them and how they need twice the cylinders to go just as fast as a stock srt4. Im in no way trashing the civic but at least know what your talking about before talking trash about another car. And to everyone on here that had the inteligence to stick up for the srt4 thanks. It is a great car for the money and has great potential.
Old 12-05-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^ word.
Old 12-05-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone always thinks hondas are made to last, but I think that was in the past. My parents' 92 accord has had fewer problems than my 02 so far. I think the whole reliability thing is not as good as before. I'm not saying that dodge is any better, since I've known owners with tons of car trouble.

It's all about what you like. I really think my car looks nice now, better than a neon, and I'm willing to look past the slowness for now.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

dymonboysrt4 is an unknown quantity at this point
"Turbos aren't Dodge's niche really. They've always been about Big Block power, take the Hemi, so Turbos are just new to them."
whoever the hell said this....did you just get off a barge from Japan? do you remember the 80's? all of you Honda's people should be quiet and accept that you paid 20k for a peice of ****....hell the 03's suck aren't you guys embaressed to drive around in them? it takes mopre torque to tighten my lug nuts then what you guys produce

I honestly like some honda's but I can't stand **** talkers especially ones with cars that aren't up to par with the car there talking bad about

you guys are nothing but a bunch of whiney bitches then need to shut the **** up and actually get some history on your so called facts...yes the srt's have had SOME problems BUT its a first year car thats expected...either way it can hand you your *** while the driver is getting road head and playing with the radio ***....
Old 12-05-2003
Banned

HustleLikeMOFO is an unknown quantity at this point
Out of all the cars to compete with, we picked an SRT-4. I thought it would be a Corolla or a Sentra atleast
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by dymonboysrt4
all of you Honda's people should be quiet and accept that you paid 20k for a peice of ****....
bwahahaha
isn't that ironic? maybe you should take your own advice....
be quiet and accept that you paid 20k for a peice of ****
bwahahaha
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JaySrt4

Civic and Neon owners need to quit bitching back and forth. Both cars are 4 bangers and are hated by most shitstang owners and both are classified as rice cars. So how bout we just talk trash about them and how they need twice the cylinders to go just as fast as a stock srt4. Im in no way trashing the civic but at least know what your talking about before talking trash about another car.
well said...we have greater enemies
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

yup we dont need to fight amongst eachother were all sport compact owners even if we dont want to admit it. I love when people fight on the internet like its ever gonna accomplish anything. Fighting never does period. And im going to retract my previous statement. Anyone that puts time and money into their car to actually improve something other than stickers and cosmetic things is ok by me. I dont care if its a civic mustang vette I could care less. We are all just car guys lets get along.
Old 12-05-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Lets all agree... Ford Focus' and Echos are gay
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

um lets think here.....how about no.
Old 12-05-2003

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
ouch.. too cool for me.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

I applaud the SRT-4 owners for being very mature in their posts.
Originally posted by dymonboysrt4
you guys are nothing but a bunch of whiney bitches then need to shut the **** up and actually get some history on your so called facts...yes the srt's have had SOME problems BUT its a first year car thats expected...either way it can hand you your *** while the driver is getting road head and playing with the radio ***....
I as well must applaud the maturity
Yes, you are a very mature high schooler for your age lease:
enjoy your neon
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

not too cool just not as small minded as you. Ok civics are known for motor swaps. How can a focus be gay when you can dump a 5.0 in it? And the echo. I mean comon why not make a coment about a kia lol. Yah actually the echo is gay sorry lol.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Khryz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by philliesblunt420
bwahahaha
isn't that ironic? maybe you should take your own advice....
be quiet and accept that you paid 20k for a peice of ****
bwahahaha
Oh **** man, you are funny!

First off, I am glad some of the SRT-4 guys chimmed in to give some civilized facts about the SRT-4 that maybe most of the members of the forum weren't aware of. I completely understand that. However, the way you bashed the car without knowing the full story was wrong, and you know that. I mean, a powerful, turbocharged 1st year car, having clutch wear problems. What else is new? Mopar Stage 1 encourages power-shifting, and since this car is rather cheap, and easy to be attained by inexperienced teenagers, they might not be familiar with 5-speed and cause the problems, just like ANY car if pushed. Prove me wrong?

In all honesty, go the SRTForums, and off the top of my head, I don't remember seeing a thread dedicated to bashing a particular car. And if there was one, I can guarantee the regulars put them in their place for that.

I'm sure this entire board is filled with true car enthusiasts deep down. Be proud of your car! I own a Neon. Yup. Did I studder? I like the way it drives, I like the way it looks, and I don't care what people say. I am proud I have a Neon.

- Chris.
Old 12-05-2003

**** ppl, drive what you want or what you can afford. If it makes you happy to drive an SRT4 then who gives a **** what other people think.
Im happy with my SLOW *** civic, I love the reliability and the gas milage (driving 40miles to work 1 way isnt fun with a gas hog). I even raced an SRT4 a while back and put a thread up about it.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...4&pagenumber=1

It would be a very fun weekend car to boost the hell out of no doubt about it, but for my needs in my life right now, I choose to stick with my civic. Do what makes you happy, in this case drive what makes you happy. Who gives a **** what other people think of your car, its your money and your taste.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
This is the worst thread ever....Everyone needs to get over it. Of course the SRT-4 is faster. Of course its gonna have problems (its a 1st year car). Ya'll act like our cars are perfect! Far from it...

So what are we really arguing here? Who likes their own car better? I love my slow *** civic, and I like the SRT-4 too...yes, its possible to like both cars.
Old 12-05-2003
Banned For My Beliefs

blk2k2civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Khryz
I'm sure this entire board is filled with true car enthusiasts deep down. Be proud of your car! I own a Neon. Yup. Did I studder? I like the way it drives, I like the way it looks, and I don't care what people say. I am proud I have a Neon.
Well said. I feel the exact same way about my car. This whole debate is pointless as everyone has their own opinions on how a car looks (If they didnt they wouldnt keep making saturns ). Dont let the opinions of a few forum members speak for the whole site.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cryption
Turbos aren't Dodge's niche really. They've always been about Big Block power, take the Hemi, so Turbos are just new to them.
Were you born in the 90's?

Quick Reply: *UPDATED AGAIN* SRT-4's Falling apart before 10,000 miles!! *UPDATED*