General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

companies/products u like???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rijowysock will become famous soon enough
companies/products u like???

this is ur chance to help me out and lemme know what u wanna see...

Greddy
Eibach
HKS
H & R
Blitz
Sprint
Apex-I
Intrax
Tanabe
C’s Short Shifters
Tokico
OS G Ken
KYB
JUN
Neuspeed
Top Secret
Ground Control
Spoon
Koni
Mugen
Bilstein
RE Amemiya
Nismo
Cusco
Brembo
Kg/mm
Power Slot
Project Mu
Tein
TRD
Bride
Recaro
Sparco
AEM
Torasport Dash Kits
DC
MOMO
Fluidyne
Autometer
Hose Tech.
ARP Head Studs
RC Injectors
Bomex
NGK
Veilside
Marenecor
C-West
Nology
Do-luck
MSD
Jackson Racing
NOS
Wings West
Moroso
Erebuni
Ferrea Valves
GTP International
Garrett Turbos
Denso Iridium plugs
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
K&N
ACT
Injen
Venom
adr
arospeed
axis
enkie
giovanna
gracing
katana
konig
r1
racing hart
rs limted(adr)
tenzo
velox
rota
buddyclub
tein
AEM rotors
REV wheels

lemme know which one sof those above would u guys be interested most and wanna buy.

riley

Last edited by rijowysock; 11-19-2003 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2003
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Greddy
Eibach
HKS
H & R
Blitz
Sprint
Apex-I
Intrax
Tanabe
C’s Short Shifters
Tokico
OS G Ken
KYB
JUN
Neuspeed
Top Secret
Ground Control
Spoon
Koni
Mugen
Bilstein
RE Amemiya
Nismo
Cusco
Brembo
Kg/mm
Power Slot
Project Mu
Tein
TRD
Bride
Recaro
Sparco
AEM
Torasport Dash Kits
DC
MOMO
Fluidyne
Autometer
Hose Tech.
ARP Head Studs
RC Injectors
Bomex
NGK
Veilside
Marenecor
C-West
Nology
Do-luck
MSD
Jackson Racing
NOS
Wings West
Moroso
Erebuni
Ferrea Valves
GTP International
Garrett Turbos
Denso Iridium plugs
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
K&N
ACT
Injen
Venom
adr
arospeed
axis
enkie
giovanna
gracing
katana
konig
r1
racing hart
rs limted(adr)
tenzo
velox
rota
buddyclub
tein
AEM rotors
REV wheels
Old 11-19-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
^^^ i second that. but, whats the point of this thread, are you gonna start a GB or something?
Old 11-19-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
no he is starting a company

The more you can get your hands on the more you will sell. the problem is that you are going to have everything drop shipped or brought to you first then shipped. I deal with a shop that stocks nothing, but calls up and drop ships everything. It takes longer that way. Ask CircaX. But the more companies you can deal with the better.
Old 11-19-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

yeah i just dont see the need in carrying MSD if noone is gonna buy thats one contact i can elimininate and i will be drop shipping most all of everything until i get at least 25,000 in my pocket to get warehouse etc etc etc . i know it takes a lil longer but most are local to me and everything will ship out 1 day after i get order max...i was just looking thr and trying to eliminate useless companies
Old 11-19-2003

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
MSD may not help us but they may help other people. You can't think so small. There are alot of tuners out there that need parts other than spoon, mugen, neuspeed, etc. You have to get those parts too. I say start with very broad companies then expand to more specialized companies, things like K & N, Injen, AEM, DC sports, you know the major companies.
Old 11-19-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

thanx man im basically gonna sell rims and then have drop downs for the other parts whereas they can email me and then i email back with pricing i already have 2700 pages just for my wheels alone so if i tell my webguy about page for each diff product i think he'll kill me .lol. anyways i hear ya man. im def gonna offer as many as possible..

riley
Old 11-19-2003
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
it's hard as hell to start up a shop especially if you wanna carry so many different brands. The over head cost you're looking at is outrages. Here's the downfall. If you wanna do item by item as they sell, you can't get as good of a price as if you were to buy bulk. But to buy bulk you usually need to do a buy in, in order to get the low prices of wholesale. Some companies such as AEM have a $15,000.00 min. buy in price. This is non-refundable. OUCH~!......so good luck with your store. If you need parts, I know a store that can wholesale out to you products for cheap. PM me if you're interested. Good Luck
Old 11-19-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Honestly this is what I would do off of that list. I would get some in-store stock of common stuff that is reasonably priced, fairly easy to store, and display (intakes, exhausts, engine boltons, gauges, interior parts, a few wheels, some springs, shocks, suspension bars, etc...) just so that you don't have to drop ship everything. Not only does it take longer, it gives you the insurance that you have it, and its not backordered by a distributor.
As far as the high end stuff goes (Mugen, Spoon, Nismo, Veilside, whatever else you had listed that most people aren't willing to pay for)... I'd keep a very small stock of common things, and order the rest. Thats a lot of coin to tie up in inventory if it takes 6 months to move 1 part.
I see lots of top shelf JDM names on that list... don't forget that the vast majority of import people are kids that probably can't afford it, let alone know who some of those companies are. You kinda gotta cater to both sides. Make money selling affordable stuff in quantity. Not selling expensive stuff in ones and twos. You just provide the high end stuff to those who want it, but its not going to make you much money... the margins on that stuff aren't very high.
Old 11-19-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
There are two ways to make money in sales...

1. Sell a lot of inexpensive stuff

2. Sell a few expensive things

So would you rather sell 100 $50 universal exhaust tips, or 10 $500 exhaust systems.
Old 11-19-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

i got my thing pretty muc i was j/w about the high end stuff and JDM stuff
Old 11-20-2003

well i think there are 3 types of business.
1) the ones that sell really crappy stuff, but alot of it to make money like Pep Boys & APC

2) the ones that sell decent stuff, and can get both crappy and excellent stuff if the customer wants.

3) the ones that specialize only in certain parts, like www.aj-racing.com They sell ALL high end JDM imported parts, that you usually can't get anywhere else.

Which one do you want to be?
Old 11-20-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be interested in a lot of stuff, since I havent totally tuned up my car. Not to get off topic, but what is the company name? Are going to get a website also?
Old 11-20-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Are you sure you know what your getting yourself into? If I would have known what I know now before I opened, I would have never opened to be honest. It's a **** load of $, time and effort. Too much competition, which means there are price wars and profit is minimal. Your service & selection will only get you so far. Advertising costs an arm and a leg. Google, Yahoo, Alta Vista...They'll put you broke. Mags like Super Street, Sport Compact, Modified, Euor Tuner.....Forget about them unless you have $20-100K to spend on advertising. These companies are all harder and more crooked to deal with than the next. Please evaluate your decisions. Consider this a warning. It is not fun and games. Most companies will not even speak to you unless your willing to spend $10-20K. It's a ROUGH BIZ! If you have any questions, PM me. I'll be as 100% honest as I can. I feel too many kids do not know what they are getting into. The companies like AEM, GReddy, Mugen will walk all over you.

Last edited by dezod; 11-20-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2003
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
^^^^ VERY VERY TRUE
Old 11-20-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I'm curious to hear more about how much it sucks, dezod.
Old 11-20-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by dezod
Advertising costs an arm and a leg. Google, Yahoo, Alta Vista...They'll put you broke.
I remember 5-6 years ago when it was free to submit your site to a search engine. I checked a year ago and yahoo or something wanted like $400. I was like yeah right.
Old 11-20-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

i got it all under control.. dont be worried...