General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Honda Civic Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Talking Honda Civic Build Quality

So i was wondering hows the Honda Civic Build Quality around the world. Im from US and i drive a 02 Civic Ex sedan. Im wondering are there differences in build quailty of civics in other countries and different models?

this is what i know. the hybrid seems to have stiffer door hinges compared to the US coupe, Sedan and SI hatch, so the door holds it position. Im guessing cuz the hybrid is from Japan the build quality could be different. in this case a tad better. im guessing the quality of the civics in other countries besides the US should be a lot better since the a Civic is more of a premium there.

i dont if im correct, but i want hear opinions about the build quality of civics from different countries.
Old 11-11-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Well, I did notice that my mom's civic from canada has a much better fit and finish than my civic from the american plant. In fact, mine was missing some minor trim pieces right from the dealer. And it rattles here and there...
The canadian one is quiet. I am bummed.
Both run fine, though.
Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
I find that Si's (made in England) are assembled better than the US built cars.
Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Tinman
Well, I did notice that my mom's civic from canada has a much better fit and finish than my civic from the american plant. In fact, mine was missing some minor trim pieces right from the dealer. And it rattles here and there...
The canadian one is quiet. I am bummed.
Both run fine, though.
well i have a canadian civic too, it rattles like crazy, i had to bring the car to two dealerships for them to fix it. ive heard that both canadian and us built civics rattle. so im guessing its the quality of parts they use. im sure one plant could be better than the other.
Old 11-11-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
All I know is this... I miss my Yokohama-built Nissans!
Damn things were invincible. Nothing ever broke, it never made rattle noises, everything fit and worked.
Thats most of the reason I couldn't buy one of the new US or Mexican built Nissans. I got spoiled on the good **** early.
I seem to find that most of the stuff thats built overseas is a lot more solid. The consensus seems to be the same with Mercedes' as well. They build C classes in Alabama or something, and they suck. But get an E or S and they're far better. They build X5s in South Carolina. They build the cars in Germany... the cars seem to go in for work a lot less.
Yeah, great... its cheaper, it creates jobs, blah, blah... but face it. We build **** cars. Crank out as many as we can, as long as its in "spec" its fine. It doesn't have to be perfect as long as it works. Good ol' American mentality at work.
I look forward to my next car having the line on the sticker that says:
"Major Country Source of Parts: 100% Japan"
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Nick Burns is an unknown quantity at this point
totally agree, my dad had an old toyota crown.. like 1970's... and it's still running right now.. and he didn't even care about maintenance... those cars just won't die.. my grandpa had a toyota landcruiser, and that thing don't die as well...

but with american, mexican or canadian built japanese cars or european cars now.. you can see a lot of hee ho...

my aunt owned S500, and that thing feels and rides just like new... and it's 25 yrs old already..

i guess quality is not the major concern here in North America...hmmm..
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
well, the sedans and hatches have body parts stamped in Japan, while the coupes are only offered here in america and canada I think, so the build quality is noticably different, but its ok, the drivetrain comes from japan no matter what, so its all good