General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Not a fan of the SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a fan of the SRT-4

I have seen a bunch around here yellow and black mostly. There are two in my town that I know of. I was at a light the otherday and the kid in the car revved the engine, I wasnt very impressed.

Yes I know its fast and has a better 0-60 than the WRX (non-STi of course) but Im prejudiced on this one, it's a Neon. I would rather have a 97+ Saturn coupe with a turbo system than that thing.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

nastinupe1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran against one in my S and it was neck and neck with me the whole time. In fact, it had me in the 0-40 MPH, then I started pulling after that. But man, those cars are kick azz for $19,000. You can't beat that with a stick. Plus you have a turbo with a 36,000 mile warranty on it. I know people who have dropped $8000 in their turbo kits and still can't get it to run right 100% of the time.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

I'm not denying that they are fast, especially off the line, but I just couldnt own one, I think I would rather cash out and get an STi.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Those Sti's are nice. But I think that if I was going to pay $34,000 for a car, I would get a G35 Coupe with the Brembro brakes and spolier.

http://www.infiniti.com/content/mode...,30568,00.html

280 hp 3.5 L V6. There's a lot of modding left in that engine.
Old 11-04-2003
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by nastinupe1
Those Sti's are nice. But I think that if I was going to pay $34,000 for a car, I would get a G35 Coupe with the Brembro brakes and spolier.

that would be my choice too OR a S2000
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
I think thet srt4 is very good for the price they offer it at. They also look pretty damn good with the widebodykit. I'd roll one if all I had was 20g
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

i think they are still a little high off the ground, nothing a 2" drop wont handle

*G35 coupe, drooool.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Yea, the G35 Coupe gives you the power of a 350Z with the Luxury of an Infiniti. Plus a back seat and a DVD Navigation system that can be easily modded to watch DVD's while you're driving. Plus you have a 225 watt Bose stereo system with a 6 disk in-dash CD player and power and heated seats. Plus you can get in 18 inch tires and the Brembro brakes. Not to mention leather interior. All the car needs is a SC and you're good to go.
Old 11-04-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Re: Not a fan of the SRT-4

Originally posted by Whelan

Yes I know its fast and has a better 0-60 than the WRX (non-STi of course)
Oh, so you think it isn't faster than an Sti?

http://www.spoof3d.com/chris/noto/SRT-4VsWRXSti.wmv

Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by nastinupe1

Stock STis MSRP for $31,500 . . .

. . .and to get any significant power gains out of the G35 or 350Z you need to introduce forced induction to accomplish it. Look at a good $5000+ just to get things started.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

No offense Fly, but I'm going to call bullshit on that video. Neither car was stock, and the STi owner didn't know how to shift to save his life.

In any case, the SRT-4 is a good deal for the money, but you get what you pay for. . . . a DSM engine.
Old 11-04-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Oh, there is no doubt that the Sti driver was crap. But I just wanted to show Whelan that he needs to give respect where it is due.

I love the Sti and the SRT. I'm sure the Sti will last 3 times as long as an SRT. Dodge is crap, no doubt about it.

The SRT has a Mitsu engine? Did I miss something? I hadn't heard that before.
Old 11-04-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by Yukonart
No offense Fly, but I'm going to call bullshit on that video. Neither car was stock, and the STi owner didn't know how to shift to save his life.
argreed... I really never liked the infinity... But, i guess it is ok... STI is ehh... Only thing is the performance... I guess thats the big +

Both nice cars... but then, USD?

"The SRT has a Mitsu engine? Did I miss something? I hadn't heard that before."

i heard that too... o_O
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

I give it plenty of respect, I am not a fan of the body styling and other points. But I would never bash one out loud on a street or try to race one. No doubt for the money its a great car that's quick but unless its a Viper, I dont care much for Dodge.

Actually Ill take a Viper Venom 800TT, yep twin turbo on a Viper and it runs 9.9 in the quarter. I believe Motor Trend labeled it as the only street legal car to run under 10 in the quarter.

0-60 in 2.4 seconds! Isnt that street bike speed?

Last edited by Whelan; 11-04-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by ImPulse
argreed... I really never liked the infinity... But, i guess it is ok... STI is ehh... Only thing is the performance... I guess thats the big +

Both nice cars... but then, USD?

"The SRT has a Mitsu engine? Did I miss something? I hadn't heard that before."

i heard that too... o_O
Yup. . . very little more than performance, which is why I chose it this go around. It's pretty bare-bones, otherwise, and that's just fine if you're looking for it.

A more refined STi should be hitting our shores in a couple years. . . in the form of the Legacy STi.
Old 11-04-2003

In any case, the SRT-4 is a good deal for the money, but you get what you pay for. . . . a DSM engine.
I'm still waiting to see how the SRT has a Mitsubishi engine in it?
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

You got me there. I typed before I thought.
Old 11-04-2003

LOL, you crazy Sti owners. lol. What are we gonna do with ya. It's all good. We all make mistakes.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Still. . . Dodge engine.
Old 11-04-2003

Still. . . Dodge engine.
are ya sure this time?
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
are ya sure this time?
I swear, on my old hairy *** . . . . I THOUGHT about this one.
Old 11-04-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
all i hear from ricers is this

"its not fair that domestics made a fast sport compact and for 19k they are still smoking modded imports"

give respect where it is due
Old 11-04-2003

Originally posted by sadboy916
all i hear from ricers is this

"its not fair that domestics made a fast sport compact and for 19k they are still smoking modded imports"

give respect where it is due
hypocritical words of the day folks!!!!

BTW, I personally gave the SRT props. I love it. I have yet to see you do the same for an import. Listen to your own words and then maybe others will be more open to listening to you.
Old 11-04-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
hypocritical words of the day folks!!!!

BTW, I personally gave the SRT props. I love it. I have yet to see you do the same for an import. Listen to your own words and then maybe others will be more open to listening to you.
i know i sound childish right now but SHUT UP fly i have said this over and over again i have nothing against imports at all not one bit but the "import scene" is weak. if you have a sick *** rx-7 or supra or whatever build that b!tch but when neons are considered mods haha give me a break

i have never seen a mod be so much of a *** then fly face it I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT LIKE ME thats why when you lock my threads i get pm from other mods telling me to just start another one and dont worry about you.
Old 11-04-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
In regards to performance, the SRT-4 kicks ***. No doubt about that.

In every other aspect, there are a million other cars in the price range I'd rather have. For myself, if I was to buy an SRT-4, it would be as a race car ONLY - not a daily driver.
Old 11-04-2003
Banned

HustleLikeMOFO is an unknown quantity at this point
Ironic about this thread because I saw a yellow SRT at school today. I dont like the Neon styling but that car looks good, I cant find 1 thing I didnt like about it. And the fact that its actually fast is even better. If I had 20k I would DEFINATLY buy the SRT4, then get like 100k mile bumper to bumper warrenty for another 1200 cuz its still a dodge. But seriously, if you see the SRT in real life, it looks a lot better.
Old 11-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
for 31,000 I would rather buy a mustang cobra.
Old 11-04-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sadboy916
i know i sound childish right now but SHUT UP fly i have said this over and over again i have nothing against imports at all not one bit but the "import scene" is weak. if you have a sick *** rx-7 or supra or whatever build that b!tch but when neons are considered mods haha give me a break

i have never seen a mod be so much of a *** then fly face it I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT LIKE ME thats why when you lock my threads i get pm from other mods telling me to just start another one and dont worry about you.
OWNED!!!!!
Old 11-04-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally posted by Whelan
I give it plenty of respect, I am not a fan of the body styling and other points. But I would never bash one out loud on a street or try to race one. No doubt for the money its a great car that's quick but unless its a Viper, I dont care much for Dodge.

Actually Ill take a Viper Venom 800TT, yep twin turbo on a Viper and it runs 9.9 in the quarter. I believe Motor Trend labeled it as the only street legal car to run under 10 in the quarter.

0-60 in 2.4 seconds! Isnt that street bike speed?

supercars.net isn't exactly the most accurate site on the internet. the 800TT doesn't run 0-60 in 2.4. The Venom 1000 TT runs 0-60 in 1.9 with racing auto tranny, and 2.4 with 6 spd stick.
Old 11-04-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally posted by streetglower
for 31,000 I would rather buy a mustang cobra.

Quick Reply: Not a fan of the SRT-4