General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

04 conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
04 conversion?

does anyone know if a 01 civic front end can be, has been, will be converted into the 04 front end? I like the new front end so much better than my 01 font. To be honest i think my front end sucks. If a conversion is availible please let me know asap.

I repeat, 01 front end sucks. want conversion NOW. stupid honda eggheads didnt design it earlier....
Old 10-09-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
i haven't heard anyone saying that it will bolt straight on but hey if ya got the money i'm pretty sure you can do it ! !but i agree i like the new front end as well as well as the whole ****ing car!!

welcome to the boards!
Old 10-09-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I went a looked at the car at the dealership. I like the look of it. Nice. Now I cant decide if I want the 7 Spoke Si rims or the 5 spokes. But the front end would be expensive. New fenders, headlights, and hood. I like my 7th gen, so im not trading because cars cost too much. It might be better off to get just trade it in, you get the cool interior. That my two cents.
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

the interior is different? can someone post some pics?
Old 10-09-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
goto Hondacars.com. New gauges, different center counsel.
Old 10-09-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
The '03 and '04 interiors are the same.
As for the front end... i'm sure it can be done. You'll need everything though... headlights, wires for the headlight, front bumepr, fenders, and hood. Not to mention a lot of little things like clips and screws.
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Yup, i think it can be done also, but could get pricy...
Old 10-09-2003
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,166 Likes on 811 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by R1Style
The '03 and '04 interiors are the same.
As for the front end... i'm sure it can be done. You'll need everything though... headlights, wires for the headlight, front bumepr, fenders, and hood. Not to mention a lot of little things like clips and screws.
would you really need the headlight harness (wiring)? or is the harness the same, just different headlight shape?
i figured you'd just need the fenders, hood, front bumper cover, headlights, and all bolts/clips that hold it all together
Old 10-09-2003
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
Very costly my friend. Personally I like the front end of the 01 - 03 does not resemble a Camry, Corolla, or Mazda 6. What are the designers @ Honda thinking ??!!??
Old 10-09-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by xRiCeBoYx
would you really need the headlight harness

yes, you would need the 04 harness......the conversion of the front-end is not worth the money imo...if you really like it that bad, go trade up for the 04.
Old 10-09-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
The 04 uses dual beam lights....as in, 2 different bulbs...one for your highbeam, one for your low beam. So in addition to the new wiring, you would probably need to do some sort of chip for the computer, since it probably reads the switch on the steering wheel differently now. Plus the fenders, hood, lights, and all the other assorted items, as well as painting...I would guess around $6,000 for a conversion.
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
hummm... i personally like the RSX front end conversion better.
Old 10-10-2003
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,166 Likes on 811 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Mystic3030
The 04 uses dual beam lights....as in, 2 different bulbs...one for your highbeam, one for your low beam. So in addition to the new wiring, you would probably need to do some sort of chip for the computer, since it probably reads the switch on the steering wheel differently now. Plus the fenders, hood, lights, and all the other assorted items, as well as painting...I would guess around $6,000 for a conversion.
i c... i thought the shape of the heads were just different.. didnt know they totally revamped the actual front end lighting system.. the swap is hella not worth it.. i'd rather stay unique instead of turning my 02 ex into a camry/corolla wannabe...lol
Old 10-10-2003
Registered!!

warpedcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally think you should see if the 04's qtr panels will fit up, If so you will then have to see if there is clearance for the headlights without damaging the front cross brace where the headlights are now mounted. That may be tricky because the new headlights kinda wrap around the qtr panel. Then look at the wiring for the headlights. Chances are someone can pin you a harness that will convert it and pin into another power source. Finally the bumper fittment, which I think will not be that bad, but don't quote me. Good conversion but for the money I agree, the RSX conversion would be sicker. Also I know the rsx lights fit with no cutting of the front support brace. Either way be patient and take your time. Best of luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2003
Registered!!

there is a rsx conversion??? well the only thing i dont like about my front end is how round it is. i wouldnt mind have an rsx bumper. its just the 03 bumper is so plain. come guys.... its PLAIN. wouldnt you say? Im not a big fan of kits. i like lip pieces better. keeping it jdm. but the 03 even with the lip looks kinda plain. any suggestions as how i can make the stock bumper look better?
Old 10-10-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
^^^^ Get an '03 Hybrid bumper....they look pretty much like the '04 bumpers. Or just get an OEM lip kit.....