General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline

Ok Ok, so I broke down and rented 2 Fast 2 Furious. I know, I know, shoot me. I thoguht the cars in the movie were alright, but I actually fell in love with the Skyline in it. What a great looking car (I have seen skylines before, I just liked that one for some reason). I only have one question. WTF was all that crazy "steam" crap comming out of the car in the first race seen. I mean holy hell, that was wierd. Actually I thought it was kinda cool, and was wondering if whatever it is is available for our civics. I know, I'm a loser b/c the answer is probably obvious. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-06-2003
Freedom costs a Buck o'Five

88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute
The "steam" is most likely the turbocharger's blow-off valve, or the NOS. I havent seen the movie myself but i'll see it soon and find out what you're talking about.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by Alex1; 10-07-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I believe that was at least 1 whole bottle of NNNNNNNNNNNNNNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX being purged.
Old 10-06-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
ive seen that on n/a cars before, hell ive even seen it on a scooter. they use aftermarket simulators...kinda like the turbo speaker.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by Alex1; 10-07-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2003
Freedom costs a Buck o'Five

88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute
pimp
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

big_daddy_b_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Naw it's a purge kit. It's shootin off nitrous, some people do it to look cool, but it doesn't mean they are. I won't lie it did look tight. I don't like the fact that the movie is a freakin Mitsubishi ad.
Old 10-06-2003
Lax Playa

NCStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Alex1
It's a wastegate, read the article on that car before it ever became Brian's ride. It's on Super Street.
Originally posted by big_daddy_b_99
Naw it's a purge kit. It's shootin off nitrous, some people do it to look cool, but it doesn't mean they are. I won't lie it did look tight. I don't like the fact that the movie is a freakin Mitsubishi ad.
Hey big daddy... if Alex has read an article outta super street... i believe him, haha

but yes, very sick, i love that car, thats one of the first cars i actually liked underbody neons on... that blue looked amazing
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

jenjens_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
the movie is a freakin Mitsubishi ad.
i agree, didnt like the spyder
Old 10-06-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
I don't like the fact that the movie is a freakin Mitsubishi ad.
yea no kidding.. i think the last one was too.. to some extent...
Old 10-06-2003
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
its a NOS purge system...
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by xRiCeBoYx
its a NOS purge system...
You are right my friend. He wasn't reving the engine, therefore, BOV and wastegate are out of the question.
Old 10-06-2003
myspace.com/misterwarren =]

Xplocv2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
still. . .no 7thgens. . .
Old 10-06-2003

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Xplocv2k1
still. . .no 7thgens. . . :shake:
Thats because the movie is "2 Fast 2 Furious" not "2B Passed 2 Furious";)

We love our cars, and they are obviously very popular but not star material.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
ya too bad that skyline was detuned for 2 wheel drive, in real life it sucks *** for a skyline. But then again it does look cool and is a skyline.
Old 10-06-2003

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I acutally ran to the issue of Super Street that has the car in it, and it belongs to Greg Leiberman. It dosent mention anytihng about the "steam", that happens to occur on the cover of the magazine also. And he was revving his engine EVERY time that the "steam" came out. I don't know if it had to do with the engine, but just thought I'd point this stuff out. And if it is the pruging of the NOS wtf does that mean and hows it done, or hows it make the "steam." Is anyone else getting freaked out be my "steam" lol
Old 10-06-2003
BOOSTED HYBRID

icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Purging , helps clear the lines in the system. It's not steam, its nitrous.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
you guys are dumb. a wastegate shooting steam? wtf. its a nitrous purge valve. blow off valves and wastegates dont shoot steam, they just make that sound.
Old 10-06-2003

w00t! So, I'm run out and buy nitrous so it can do that! lol I'm an idiot. So, someone explain to me how thats working, is there a little vavles that is under the hood on the side its shooting out of, and it does it on both sides... omg that would be soooooo nice on our cars. It would make them look fast (*keyword look*). I'd buy the nitrous just to do that (I'm afraid to use it).
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

sc1golfr is an unknown quantity at this point
no offense, but dont waste your money on that...just get a turbo kit or something actually useful. if youre not going to use the nitrous, there is really no point in spending all that money
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

MORG655 is on a distinguished road
Mistubishi ad ...yep. That's what the movie is. I bought the DVD and I love the guy who worked on the car design. He's like "So the movie people came to me and asked what are the coolest cars on the planet and money is no object so we went with the Mitsubishi EVO, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Sypder, and the Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition (a whole 120 hp wow). At least they threw an s2000 in the movie for good taste. The Skyline was cool too. W0rd
Old 10-06-2003
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
yea.. pity about them chopping off the front driveshaft to convert it to a RWD r34... they did that to make the car drift in the racing scene.. and if you're gonna use nitrous, i'd say get a turbo and use the NOS for a intercooler sprayer...thas jes me tho..
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

konstanting is an unknown quantity at this point
here is a clip, will be up for a few days...

http://konstanting.jimmyspit.com/pictures/purge.mpeg
Old 10-06-2003
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
a wastegate shooting steam? wtf.
Aww dawg he was just purging his waste gate lease:

Like Redline said, wastegates make a subtle sound, blow off valves make a louder sound. But neither one makes a cloud of nitrous appear.
Old 10-06-2003

Yeah, I've settles with the nitrous thing. But you ALL have to admit, that looked pretty damned good. So, how much money is that gonna run me to do that? I mean, what does it used a whole bottle each time he made it appear? Boy, what a great car. LOL I've I ever dead that with my Civic (It shooting upwards out of the sides) at school, I think everyone would drop dead...
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
If you watch when the cars are clearing out of the abandoned(sp?) warehouse scene. You can see two 7th Gen Civics among the cars running away, there is a black one, and there is a Inca Pearl one. The Inca Pearl one is very obvious and it has at least a few second air time on screen where you can really see it is a Civic.
Old 10-06-2003
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX
If you watch when the cars are clearing out of the abandoned(sp?) warehouse scene. You can see two 7th Gen Civics among the cars running away, there is a black one, and there is a Inca Pearl one. The Inca Pearl one is very obvious and it has at least a few second air time on screen where you can really see it is a Civic.
lol lease:
Old 10-06-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
the wastegate or bov shooting steam comment was very ammusing... thank you!
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

nuffsed is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX
yah i thought i spotted a coupla 7th gens

Quick Reply: 2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline