General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Did somebody say RSX HEADLIGHT CONVERSION? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003
LEVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i like it, just not the choice of body kit and that "one wiper" ****. thats weak.........
Old 09-23-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
That looks awful. For all the hype around it, I'm disappointed.
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

One02Civic2nv is an unknown quantity at this point
He just should have bought an RSX in the first place. Now all he has to do is an engine swap!
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
the whole car should be repainted, for best matched-paint results. I'm not crazy over the headlights, but I do like the center grill
Old 09-23-2003
"Stage7"

BlueBoyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it, and yes once again, not the bumper. How much does something like this run???
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
prolly close to 1500 for parts then the labor to install it. It looks OK. I thought about it at one time but for that kinda cash i could have found better things to spend my money on.
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he should get the whole car repainted myself. I have to give him props for doing such a crazy modification. It gives him a huge advantage in car shows. He needs to go with a crazy color like pearl red or graphite. Something out of the ordinary. It's kind of like when people do skyline tailights or supra tailights into a civic. Strange and expensive, but it stands out.

If he's a regular joe, he probably spend a grip of cash, but is thinking of all show and no go. He'll get a lot of attention, and possibly sponsors later on if he takes that route. The crazy in this business get recognized, and if they do it well, the sponsors will support their craziness.
Old 09-23-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
I'm not feeling the bumper either, but basically it looks good. Too much money though.
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

Da2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
1st: the fender is a civic fender, not an RSX one. Look at the wheel arches. It means custom work to fit the RSX headlights. Don't know about all the other stuff. Not worth the expense, IMO
Old 09-23-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
hmm.. so we have some that like it, sme that kinda do, and some that don't...

Personally, it would definitely look better if his car was painted (I like black). I give him MADD props and salute to him for going through all this work. Definitely a show stopper though...
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
it looks too much like a rsx and not a civic. dont really like it even though it looks pretty clean
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
The overall car looks like ***. The conversion looks pretty clean though.
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it looks sick , I would get it but dont have any money b/c i invested in the motor instead
Old 09-23-2003
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
dj02 the car was not made in photoshop pics are not fake. How can prove it? I cant...But if u want to take some vacation time come down to Massachussets and ill be glad 2 give u a tour around the car. My boys car sat 4 a long time (3 long months) awaiting parts, planning and all of that **** (some conversions take longer) at the shop and still with that time when they finished he wasnt happy with it because of all the little detais that were f#@ked up. As im reading through this forum i see that almost everyone that replyed saw all of those little details that are F#$ked up. As for the paint, when i took these pics the car was under direct bright sunlight the color the camera piked up was its stock color SILVER. In reality the car was painted with a blue pearl over the silver stock color and it gave it a light greenish bluish look it changes color depending on where your standing or what shadows it. I think its awesome you just have to see it 4 yourself i never seen nothing like it yet, its very diffrent from whats out there. I mean to all the carshows we entered here in da east this year no other car matched his color, again "that ive seen". But anyway thanks to all that replyed to this forum all imput is allways good. I promise that ill take some picks of his car in better lighting condition so you can all see what i mean about the color. Ill call him 2morow and well get it done. Ill take some extra pics so you can see his interior also. Another thing some said somethig about money coming out of the a$$. U got that wrong bro, working in a SUB SHOP is not going to get ur car like this from one day to the other. It involves a lot of sweat, saving and time and all were going after is a miserable trophy. Just wanted to set things staight thats all. Be on the lookout for the new pics in a couple of days, may b 2morrow. Yo SID thanks for posting the pics bro. one
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

go02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
the car isnt that bad looking
Old 09-23-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont like the octane front bumper i would have chosen a C-West lip or their front bumper. but that looks cool
Old 09-23-2003
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
Just wait!
Old 09-24-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
I guess when you have money coming outta ur @$$, anything is possible...
That was me... haha... I was just messin' man... But obviously he does have enough money to be doing all this to his car though. Is he gonna do the motor swap?

No prob about posting the pics. You should post some pics of your car... That would get some good feedback. Anyway, talk to you later bro...
Old 09-24-2003
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,169 Likes on 813 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
not too shabby... until i saw the second pic, i'm like "is that a vic?" but yea.. not feelin the octane/r34 bumper on that
Old 09-24-2003
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
honestly i think all you guys are just hatin'.....i think that car look fuggin clean, nice job with the conversion and i believe the only thing that would stop me from doin such thing to my car is money other than that i would nice car........quit hatin'
Old 09-24-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
paint the car.
Old 09-24-2003
The Dude

smoke4 is an unknown quantity at this point
headlights look sweet.

rest of the car is UGLY.

UNIWIPER? C'MON.
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

Seven07 is an unknown quantity at this point
The RSX headlight conversion looks great, except the front bumper kinda ruins it.
Old 09-25-2003
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
Conversion job = good. All you photochop "experts" cannot tell from that pic if its a photochop. Especially if its a low compression jpeg.

Overall looks? Not liking it. Maybe if it had a K20 I'd understand, but for a car to look like an RSX and perform like a civic's not something to boast about. It's like doing a Ferrari conversion to a Fiero.
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

showoner is an unknown quantity at this point
imo i think he did a great job. ive been thinkin bout doin that myself just with a different bumper. can any of you guys say you have a vic with an rsx front end? and maybe he can turbo it to give it some go when he gets sponsored.cause you know people are going to look twice. nice job dude, keep it up.......i give you props for the work, but the lights do have to go, think about the 8th gen civic lights.there it is baby! showstoppa
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

GideoN is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it. Looks better than I thought it would have looked.
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Fugly, bleh
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

azure is on a distinguished road
Great job on the conversion.
Old 09-25-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Old 09-25-2003
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
thanks guyz for the imput ill make sure that i tell him what i think about his car. Likes and Dislikes iight.one

Quick Reply: Did somebody say RSX HEADLIGHT CONVERSION? (pics)