General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Dreams Do Come True... Help me Chose my next vehicle!! 60 Days left :X

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Talking Dreams Do Come True... Help me Chose my next vehicle!! 60 Days left :X

Dream about to come true… (Well, I decide… (: My next vehicle )

Ok... Im turning 18 on the 20th of November, and, (: I’ am getting to choose my 20th bday vehicle when I turn 18... So, I have awhile to choose what vehicle I want. I know it sounds weird thinking of a vehicle that I will be getting 2 years from now but, that’s how my family is... LOL . (It’s hard to explain, because my family is ****ed up (: )

I will be putting around $20k of my own money towards it, and my parents are willing to put $20-30k Into It... Meaning the cost of vehicle and, my favorite part... The Modifications). I cannot have the car dropped too low because, I will be going back and forth through the city, and Long Island (Bad Roads ). I will be working for a health insurance company when I turn 18 (Guaranteed), and ill be there for awhile

So, onto the vehicles that I’ am interested in getting (These are my Dream Cars... Meaning I don’t give a **** bout any other cars... Im a PICKY person… So THESE are the cars that I’ am interested in. That is why I will be getting ONE of the vehicles listed below when i turn 20)

Im really not into speed, Mainly just looks, BUT, Yes, it would be nice to have speed when id like to have it (Unlike my civic )

Cars
.................................................. ............

Audi S4 OR A4 (2003^)

BMW M3 (2003^) (Was originally Going to get but, still considering diff cars)

Toyota Supra (1994-1998 Turbo'd)

Lexus IS300 (2003^)

SUVs (Latest Versions)
.................................................. ............

Mercury Mountaineer <<<<< OOOHHHHHHHH SOOO Comfy lease:

BMW X5

GMC Yukon

Top 3 as of Now:
1) BMW M3
2) Mercury Mountaineer
3) Toyota Supra

BMW ~ Has always been my dream car... I have always been in my Grandfathers Bimmers. We would always speed around everywhere… Sooo Nice (: But, like I said Speed doesn’t really matter for me, I LOVE the looks. If I' am going to get this car, both me and my parents will put our money together. I will only be modding the exterior a little, Adding Rims and adding ICE. This car is fast enough for me (:

Mountaineer ~ OMG, 2 of my uncles have this SUV, and it is SOOOooo Comfy/Luxurious. If I' am going to get this car I would not be paying for it, my parents will buy me it. I will only add Rims and ICE.

Supra ~ Where to start... Exterior is beautiful (When mod’d), My parents would buy the car, and I would buy the mods to make it beautiful. Only problem i have about this car is that it would be a used supra... And, I would have to make it fast (And I really don’t NEED speed but, It would be nice to have... )

(Please suggest other cars but, remember that I will most likely not even care (: Just chose 1 out of the vehicles listed, and give a reason Why you think I should get it...)

Last edited by ImPulse; 09-21-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Well i would go with the M3 personally just cause it has style and speed!!!
Old 09-21-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
You can get a nice used supra for 30k, the use the rest of the money to do a big single turbo swap. Easy 600hp.

Ive always been partial to M3's. Girls love em, and they have the speed to make guys drool.

And after getting a ride in the new STi, i would also consider one of them. AWD launches are fun
Old 09-21-2003
Don't Hate. Just Envy.

DaZeD is an unknown quantity at this point
M3, thats all i gotta say
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by NoFriends
And after getting a ride in the new STi, i would also consider one of them. AWD launches are fun
I really dont see whats so great about a WRX... I' am seeing a lot of them by me, and I really dont like the look of them. To... How do you say? Boxy. Not my type of style
Old 09-21-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
get a ride in the new STi then tell me that
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Honestly... What do you all think about the Mountaineer ? I didnt state this before but, Im 6'2, so i dont like to get smushd (: I fit perfectly fine into an M3 though...
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Originally posted by NoFriends
get a ride in the new STi then tell me that
Im really not into speed, Mainly just looks, BUT, Yes, it would be nice to have speed when id like to have it
The only thing people say is, STI is so fast... No1 ever talks about how it looks... They all look the same, BLUE & Boxy Even with a kit...

I've been in my friends WRX, and all that he kept saying was, "I cant believe how fast this is.. Look its another WRX look how nice it looks, I gotta wave to him cause he has a subaru..." LOL! I mean come on, maybe its just cause of him i dont like them.
Old 09-21-2003
I'm an idiot.

Shambler is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a brand spankin new 350Z. Best bang for your buck. And OMG are they beautiful...!
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
let me ask you something...why get a used car? es[ecially with that much money. Id definitely rule out the supra.
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

honda_2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
lots of smileys here.. Toyota Supra my bro has one TWIN TURBO ALL TRD

Last edited by honda_2k1; 09-21-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
forget used car
id love to drive g35. or 350z. spanky brand new car
Old 09-21-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
M3
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

If i was to get a used supra.. I see they are going in the range of 20-30k$, I would like to atleast replace the engine cause most of the ones ive seen have over 50k miles, and in 2 years it would most likley be more added...

How much would a motor cost? Do they have motors for them? Seeing how the supras I' am looking at are discontinued...

I was thinking about the 350z and G35 but, They honestly look very simular, except for the G35's Tails :O and i dont see any kits out for them yet... (But they did just come out soo... Maybe. They are both a little too compacted for me. Dont get me wrong.. they are nice just that i dont really like em too much.
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Originally posted by honda_2k1
lots of smileys here.. Toyota Supra my bro has one TWIN TURBO ALL TRD
Yea... Thats a hot car! (Both of em ) I kinda like the way a supra looks stock.. But if he had a kit on it :X!! Would be sooooo much nicer.
Old 09-21-2003
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The supra would get alot more looks IMO.
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

LiTtOaZn2nR is an unknown quantity at this point
If u want a suv I would go for tha 04 TOYOTA 4RUNNER V8 LIMITED EDITION..My mom has that car n it's comfortable...nice JBL system n a very powerful car...HaHa...it's worth gettin...
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

honda_2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks impulse...
Old 09-21-2003
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
a supra would get looks, but i dont think as many as a brand new "whatever" would, because you'd get looks from all ages.

since you'll put 30, parents would put 30, what about an escalade? i know those are a lil more than that...

and another thing, this is 2 years from now. they will have a whole more kinds of cars by then anyway
Old 09-21-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
forget used car
id love to drive g35. or 350z. spanky brand new car
2nd that!

Wish someone would pony up that kinda cash for me when I turned 20....lol.
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Originally posted by fine02civicgurl
since you'll put 30, parents would put 30, what about an escalade? i know those are a lil more than that...

and another thing, this is 2 years from now. they will have a whole more kinds of cars by then anyway
the most i will put will be 20, and i dont really care for an escalade... There are too many of em by me. Yea, i know there will be a new group of cars... but honestly the ones that i listed are my dream cars... Thats why my parents are agreeing to this...
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Must be nice to have your whole life planned out for you already at the age of 18.. I'm jealous of that. I'm also wondering where an 18 year old gets 20k to play with... but nevermind the bullshit...
GET THE M3
Old 09-21-2003
Banned

Originally posted by KurupTLX
[B]I'm also wondering where an 18 year old gets 20k to play with...
My grandfather passed away, and my mom now owns the real estate company... And i was given assets... But lets not go there... Car, Car, Cars
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

sc1golfr is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, get the m3 unless you want to spend less than that and have more for mods, then id say STI or 350Z (im getting one of those in a couple years when my parents help me buy a new car)
Old 09-21-2003
LDB
Registered!!

LDB is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Pilot. Much higher quality vehicle than a Mountaineer and MUCH better resale value.

Honda Accord V6 6spd navigation coupe. Excellent performance and mega fun with the nav.
Old 09-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I'd go for a G35. Theres mods for it... and they're not going to cost nearly as much as mods for an M3. Besides that I really think the new M3 is too posh. Its fast, yes, but they wasted too much making it a luxocruiser. It has moves, but the e36 feels much more like a real sports car. Electric everything sucks. That and by the time you get an M3 with the stuff to make it worthwhile, you'll be around $55K. Then you've got no money for Mods.
G35 with Brembos and Rays Forged 18s.... $34K. That leaves $16K for mods... and the Greddy kit is only about $5000.

Its probably off the radar screen, but the Caddy CTS-V. Ain't nothing wrong with a Cadillac Corvette. (it's LS6 powered).

You could probably also grab a used NSX. Or if you like going in reverse through the ATM drive-up, an R32 or 33 Skyline

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 09-21-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
I luv supra's, so i'd probably go with that and mod it up the @$$. I mean, make it look siiiiick, do everything you possibly can. Thas just me tho, lol, supras are the ****.
Old 09-21-2003

Boiler_Room is on a distinguished road
I say you should go with a 350z. They are such nice looking cars and I love Nissan motors. They just make really great cars. There's so much style with those cars. The problem is no back seats.
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

Huh_Oh Sh*t! is an unknown quantity at this point
G35!!!!
Old 09-21-2003
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
damn your parents are mad nice er rich er both lol i got muh civic as my graduation present one day I'll be able to do that for my son or daughter. I say the m3 also unless you wanna get all crazy and ****** you a skyline =o

Quick Reply: Dreams Do Come True... Help me Chose my next vehicle!! 60 Days left :X