General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

0 - 160 mph in an 03 cobra... (holyshiet)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
To tell you the truth! thats the first time ive ever heard supercharger whine!! wow funny noise and crazy fast!!
Old 09-03-2003
Registered!!

evol is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know if anyone else noticed but.... he did that in 6/10s of a mile
damn I MISS MY MUSTANG!
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
hah i just noticed at sorta the beginning the trees go by in the reflection
Old 09-04-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
Yawn ...
All ya see is the speedometer ... I may jump for joy if I could see out the front windshield.
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
no wonder they rust so fast, cutting into the moist winds so quick...LOL

damn, i want to watch the video now.

Yeah for any domestic car haters; you have to admit when it's fast, it's fast, regardless of what mpg it gets.
Old 09-04-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Originally posted by IMURMILK1
I would like to see the whole video..that thing just looked to unbelievable. If its real...wow..but it went 0-160 in like 10 seconds...that thing CANT be stock..they run high 12's stock....that wasnt a high 12...more like an 8
just look at the timer on the video clip and you'll see it took 25 secs to get to 160....

i dunno where u got 0-160 in 10 secs...
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

GideoN is an unknown quantity at this point
That guys speedometer goes as fast as my tachometer
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

GotVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
0-160 in 25 seconds.... not bad, but i'm used to that crap. My dad has a vette with 425hp that does 1/4 in mid 11's so....
Old 09-05-2003
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by aznsmtboy
no wonder they rust so fast, cutting into the moist winds so quick...LOL

moist winds.... LOL
Old 09-05-2003
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by NoFriends
just look at the timer on the video clip and you'll see it took 25 secs to get to 160....

i dunno where u got 0-160 in 10 secs...

I said Joe Montainya
Old 09-05-2003
I R T3H 1338

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
does anyone else suspect that this is a picture of the gauge cluster during a dyno run?, just a thought, still fast as hell though.
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
wow. thats refreshing to watch.

almost expected the needle to go the whole way around... just like in cartoons! or when my mom steps on the weighing scale!
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

MMILX is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking the same thing...
Hard to tell if there is any wind noise in the clip.

Then again, most dynos have you start off easy until third or 4th gear, and I am not sure if you could "lay rubber" on a dyno in first gear or not.

Also, the clip is titled KBCobra, which might mean its a Kenny Brown Cobra...

Originally posted by auto84
does anyone else suspect that this is a picture of the gauge cluster during a dyno run?, just a thought, still fast as hell though.
Old 09-05-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
it's not during a dyno run. you hear the tires squeal on pavement right when he starts off
Old 09-06-2003
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, its nice, but not that great. he is running somewhere around mid 11 sec 1/4 miles, you can tell by the speed and the counter. 160 in 25 sec. nice, but not as "wow" as you guys think it is. I've ridden in many cars faster, single turbo supra, s/c formula, s/c z06, etc. learn some more about cars, then go "wow"
Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

Well compared to the CIVICS that we all drive LJ, it is definently "wow" to most of us.
Old 09-06-2003
LJ

so what if you drive a civic, you should know the difference of a "wow" car and a mid 11 sec car
Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
if a chick flashes me her B-sized *****, I'd still go 'WOW' just the same with a chick with Ds showing me hers
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
if a chick flashes me her B-sized *****, I'd still go 'WOW' just the same with a chick with Ds showing me hers
Excellent example.
Old 09-07-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally posted by LJ
so what if you drive a civic, you should know the difference of a "wow" car and a mid 11 sec car
who cares
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Hey man, just because you aren't impressed by the car is no reason to tell people to learn more about cars. What do you actually own and drive that makes you this arrogant?

I guess you aren't impressed by a Enzo Ferrari either -- it only runs 11s too.

BTW, there was a guy at the track I used to go to many years ago that was running 9s out of this (not street legal obviously) Pinto. I guess that would impress you?

Originally posted by LJ
yeah, its nice, but not that great. he is running somewhere around mid 11 sec 1/4 miles, you can tell by the speed and the counter. 160 in 25 sec. nice, but not as "wow" as you guys think it is. I've ridden in many cars faster, single turbo supra, s/c formula, s/c z06, etc. learn some more about cars, then go "wow"
Old 09-07-2003
LJ

Originally posted by MMILX
Hey man, just because you aren't impressed by the car is no reason to tell people to learn more about cars. What do you actually own and drive that makes you this arrogant?

I guess you aren't impressed by a Enzo Ferrari either -- it only runs 11s too.

BTW, there was a guy at the track I used to go to many years ago that was running 9s out of this (not street legal obviously) Pinto. I guess that would impress you?
yes the pinto and ferrari would impress me, because they are rare, an 03 cobra is a dime a dozen now, of the local car group i hang with, 15 people have 03 cobras. the car in the vid has probably a pulley, intake, and speed limiter removed, nice car, fast, but nothing i havent seen before. like i said, learn more about cars, and then go wow. the best WOW car i know is a 1990 izuzu impluse that runs 10's, street legal.

god i miss joeb16, one of few people who actually knew a damn thing about cars on this site
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Ok, so it looks like you are impressed by rare and fast cars rather than just fast cars. Fair enough.

learn more about cars? You don't have any clue what I know, so I don't think you want go there.

I checked out your ride online -- seems nice enough, but to use your words "nothing I haven't seen before".

Also, if joeb16 is one of the few people on this site that knew a damn thing about cars, why do you bother posting here? Nobody is forcing ya!

If you want to fire off insults, feel free to PM me -- that way, you don't ruin the thread for everyone else.

Originally posted by LJ
yes the pinto and ferrari would impress me, because they are rare, an 03 cobra is a dime a dozen now, of the local car group i hang with, 15 people have 03 cobras. the car in the vid has probably a pulley, intake, and speed limiter removed, nice car, fast, but nothing i havent seen before. like i said, learn more about cars, and then go wow. the best WOW car i know is a 1990 izuzu impluse that runs 10's, street legal.

god i miss joeb16, one of few people who actually knew a damn thing about cars on this site
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

eddie5spdx is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish my civic could do that.
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
wow thats incredable...i wonder what that guy did to it
Old 09-07-2003
LJ

oh i take that back, its around 12 second. he probably just has a chip that removed the speed limiter
Old 09-07-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Importracer
lets hear it ford haters... i love the cobra, my friend has one and yes it does accelerate that quick stock!
Yeah. . maybe on ice. . That couldn't have been stock. Anyone else hear a super charger slamming that thing. . Ya know. the sound in the background that sounds like someone with a police whistle? The sound that makes it sound like it's gonna rip the rings outta that thing? plus . . you keep driving it like that the damn thing will explode, f-ing Fords. All junk .

Granted, I wouldn't mind taking it out for a spin to feel that tug. I'm sure it would feel great. There is no replacement for displacement and the ole 7thgen isn't the fastest car. . But, I definatly would not want one. Like it's been said. A dime a dozen and one of the last things I'm impressed with are blue ovals.

Now. . that was pretty fast acceleration and all, but with a V8 and some modding. . It's expected. .

Sorry. I'm just rattling my mouth now. I'll be quiet and sit down.

Last edited by pheaton; 09-07-2003 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

DINGALING is an unknown quantity at this point
i bet that was fake

-DINGALING
Old 09-07-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by DINGALING
i bet that was fake

-DINGALING
Okee. . I gotta ask. . Why do you think that?
Old 09-07-2003
LJ

Originally posted by pheaton
Yeah. . maybe on ice. . That couldn't have been stock. Anyone else hear a super charger slamming that thing. . Ya know. the sound in the background that sounds like someone with a police whistle? The sound that makes it sound like it's gonna rip the rings outta that thing? plus . . you keep driving it like that the damn thing will explode, f-ing Fords. All junk .

Granted, I wouldn't mind taking it out for a spin to feel that tug. I'm sure it would feel great. There is no replacement for displacement and the ole 7thgen isn't the fastest car. . But, I definatly would not want one. Like it's been said. A dime a dozen and one of the last things I'm impressed with are blue ovals.

Now. . that was pretty fast acceleration and all, but with a V8 and some modding. . It's expected. .

Sorry. I'm just rattling my mouth now. I'll be quiet and sit down.
yeah, that was probably just chipped, damn near stock. you know, the 03 cobra's come stock with a supercharger

Quick Reply: 0 - 160 mph in an 03 cobra... (holyshiet)