General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

owner of turbo (20 lbs boost) rsx

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turborsx is an unknown quantity at this point
owner of turbo (20 lbs boost) rsx

first the video is up at:

www.cybernationmotorsports.com

NOW, with all of you not thinking i have what i have which is a turbo rsx with 20 yes twenty pounds of boost.

the 373hp and 296 tq was with 23 lbs

currently it is :

350hp and 256tq

the car was tuned down to let me get used to the stage 2 clutch, spoon lsd and the cybernation ultralight flywheel. i was told to take my car and have it dynoed and tuned to:
25 lbs of boost which should produce 415hp and ???tq after i got used to the new parts.

the video is mainly to show the car and the bov. at some points in the video like 1:06 i was flooring it and you can see around 1:12 where i let off. that was 60 to 125 or so. this car is fast and i did beat a new M3 not the old one. 4.7 well i guess mine is just a bit faster if i beat an M3, hmmmmm........... yea it is. wanna see for yourself????????? I will be at HIN atlanta and nopi atl too, or sh*t post something on here where you want to meet and i will gladly let you see it with your own eyes on the street.....

i know all of you hate to be wrong but guess what you are......

please if you dont believe what i say call the shop that did it and ask them for yourself:

cybernation motorsports
1-866-34-cyber

anyone who answers the phone should be able to tell you about my car and the hp it left the shop with. they should also be able to tell you how much the lsd makes a difference. the reason the video with the 439 hp's rpm's went up so fast is, i believe, because the tires lost traction. my name is scott and please call and verify it so you will be able to sleep better at night.

as far as the car never being able to hold 50lbs of boost well, i guess you will have to wait and see but i know from seeing it with my own eyes the new bullet-proof block will enable me to do this, give me six months or so and you shall see.

i will be posting my dyno charts with my #'s on it so you can see for yourself.

scott
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
What up.. I posted your sig in another RSX topic on this forum a few days ago to show the kind of numbers the cybernation kit puts out. Nice ride. Just wondering if you've checked out your competition yet. CHECK IT
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

dyno 1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno 1.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	6705  
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

dyno 2 actually the highest dyno from my car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno 2.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	6706  
Old 08-08-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Why wouldn't we believe you if you provided sufficient evidence.
I love it when I am wrong by the way.
Old 08-08-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
nice ride
Old 08-08-2003
Cracka

xtiszx is an unknown quantity at this point
the 20 pounds, sure, but 50? no offence but id have to see it with my own eyes,
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
So who has that 439hp rsx?? I have 2 videos of it
Old 08-08-2003
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
You are providing us with alot of useless information, Like i said before I am not questioning the power your car has on the dyno, but the power your car has in the video. Couldn't you just turn up the boost to around 20 psi goto the dyno and make some crazy horsepower numbers then turn the boost back down to a more streetable level. Like me i am sure you have a boost controller so changing your boost could be very easy. So you posting dyno graphs will only show the power of your car for a few instances.

Take my mazda for example. I turn ot up to 20 psi then run a 12.3 at the track. But then turn it back down to 14 psi for street driving. Do i have the right to tell people that its a low 12 second car when its still only running with the 14 psi setting???

at some points in the video like 1:06 i was flooring it and you can see around 1:12 where i let off. that was 60 to 125 or so
I have NO problem calling on this one. first its an out of car shot, your the only one who can see the speedo. Second have you ever been standing (or watching a race) and a car passes you doing 110 mph??? Well I have, many times the car doesn't slowly come up on you. It flies past you. Also i noted that starting from 1:06 you came around the corner finshed off that gear and proceeded to go through another gear. And if im not mistaken wasn't a close ratio 6 speed manual one of the selling points for the RSX-S. So how can a closly geared car go from 60 to 125 in 1 and 1/2 gears????? If you want to argue this further i can get out the gear ratios so we can go into more detail.

anyone who answers the phone should be able to tell you about my car and the hp it left the shop with.
Again we do not care how much power it had on the dyno, or how much it had at the shop, or even how much it has right now. What i wanna know if how much power it had in the video, cause it wasn't all that impressive for a 393 hp car.

Ifs you aren't BSing us and the car was running at 20 psi in the vid then i suggest having the vid removed as the car doesn't live up the the numbers
Old 08-08-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Got Boost???
You are providing us with alot of useless information, Like i said before I am not questioning the power your car has on the dyno, but the power your car has in the video. Couldn't you just turn up the boost to around 20 psi goto the dyno and make some crazy horsepower numbers then turn the boost back down to a more streetable level. Like me i am sure you have a boost controller so changing your boost could be very easy. So you posting dyno graphs will only show the power of your car for a few instances.

Take my mazda for example. I turn ot up to 20 psi then run a 12.3 at the track. But then turn it back down to 14 psi for street driving. Do i have the right to tell people that its a low 12 second car when its still only running with the 14 psi setting???

I have NO problem calling on this one. first its an out of car shot, your the only one who can see the speedo. Second have you ever been standing (or watching a race) and a car passes you doing 110 mph??? Well I have, many times the car doesn't slowly come up on you. It flies past you. Also i noted that starting from 1:06 you came around the corner finshed off that gear and proceeded to go through another gear. And if im not mistaken wasn't a close ratio 6 speed manual one of the selling points for the RSX-S. So how can a closly geared car go from 60 to 125 in 1 and 1/2 gears????? If you want to argue this further i can get out the gear ratios so we can go into more detail.

Again we do not care how much power it had on the dyno, or how much it had at the shop, or even how much it has right now. What i wanna know if how much power it had in the video, cause it wasn't all that impressive for a 393 hp car.

Ifs you aren't BSing us and the car was running at 20 psi in the vid then i suggest having the vid removed as the car doesn't live up the the numbers
OWNED
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

RoBBUsaF is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHAHA!!! OWNED is right. HAHAHA
Old 08-08-2003
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
sf power turboed civic vs cybernation turbo rsx anyone?
Old 08-08-2003
Cracka

hondawerks vic would wax his rsx's *** anyways,

lol

its basicly the same damn setup
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

Slainte is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Got Boost???
And if im not mistaken wasn't a close ratio 6 speed manual one of the selling points for the RSX-S. So how can a closly geared car go from 60 to 125 in 1 and 1/2 gears????? If you want to argue this further i can get out the gear ratios so we can go into more detail.
It's a base RSX... 5 speed, correct?
Old 08-08-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
HondaWerx K20 Swap Turbo Car will own your ***.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes indeed. I hear a call out.
Old 08-08-2003
Cracka

id love to see a vid of that,
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
All the hate on this forum is always spawned from jealousy...
If you dont believe his numbers then I guess the cybernation turbo RSX-R swap cars numbers are bullshit as well.
Old 08-08-2003
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
I definately was not impressed with the video. If you look at the speedometer, it does not look like it goes up that fast at all. Especially for a car that powerful. It sounds nice tho.
Old 08-08-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
I'm just trying to say right now.... Let's keep this civil guys... !!!!!
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

MINE!

right click save target as
check out MY video of MY turbo. Bwhahaha.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

right but understand that you can also see that tight turn to the right after i pass the camera which means i was breaking after you hear the bov, before i got to the camera. this is why it didnt seems so fast. oh and break the sheets out. the car will go up to around 125 or so in 4th which was the last gear that i was pulling. keep in mind it is not a civic

So who has that 439hp rsx?? I have 2 videos of it
the owner of cybernation. his name is lee

It's a base RSX... 5 speed, correct?
its a type s

sf power turboed civic vs cybernation turbo rsx anyone?
after my tune to 25 lbs i would love to do this. gimme a week and name the place

All the hate on this forum is always spawned from jealousy...If you dont believe his numbers then I guess the cybernation turbo RSX-R swap cars numbers are bullshit as well.
im glad someone pointed this out
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

i believe you bro. we should meet up. im only an hour away.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

im allright with that. anydays but the weekend are good for me. pm me
Old 08-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Thats cool and all, But for my type of racing its really not useable.

Trying to push that much HP on a FWD platform through a corner would be an exersize in futility. Not that it couldnt be done, it would just take a MUCH better driver then Me. Turbo on top of that just makes it harder, having the K20 alone would be a better setup. Cool car, I give you props on that, but I wouldn't want it, Not my type of racing.

Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
no matter what is said i think that the rsx and the civic both are amazing cars...props to both the owners
Old 08-08-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
damn Robb... your car is awesome!!!
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

heh. thanks bro.
Old 08-08-2003
Lax Playa

NCStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah all of these sick rides, video is suspicious but it would smoke anything i've got so... can't say much. congrats to all of u for having sick cars and got boost... like many said.... own3d
Old 08-09-2003
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
the car will go up to around 125 or so in 4th which was the last gear that i was pulling. keep in mind it is not a civic
Thats funny math would seem to think otherwise

Speed = (RPM x Tire Diameter)/((gear ratio x final drive ratio) x 336

Seeing as how you have the K20A2 you redline at 8000.

Ill be generous here and say your have a 22 inch diameter (19 inch rims with 1.5 inches of side wall on the top and bottom)

The gear ratio for 4th gear is 1.147 and the final drive ratio for the RSX-S is 4.389

so

Speed = (8000 x 22)/((1.146 x 4.389) x 336

simplified is 176,000 / 1690.010784

and you get 104.141 mph, which is no where close to 125

For you to be able to hit 125.4 mph at the end of 4th gear you would have to have a tire diameter of 26.5 (20 inch rims with a 3.25 inch sidewall on the top and bottom)

Quick Reply: owner of turbo (20 lbs boost) rsx