General 6th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Looking for any help figuring out what's been done to my 2000 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NickNork is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for any help figuring out what's been done to my 2000 Civic EX

hello! First time posting, and as this is pretty much my first Civic I'm looking for help to identify what has been modified/added/etc as it seems to have a few things done to it. I haven't been too into Civics so I know very little about what's going on with it, the obvious things I have found are a cold air intake, 4-2-1 header to a catless straight pipe 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust (probably off eBay), some bracing underneath and under the hood, some kind of seat swap? (It was missing a hole and a bolt for one rail of the driver's seat so I made a new bracket.

There is also a mysterious plug near the drivers seat that I am curious about Maybe heated seats or something) has a d16y7 no Vtec head even though it's snowing EX, looks to have a different shifter (short shifter?) If anybody has info on the body kit/bumper, has a detachable NRG hub sparco steering wheel, aftermarket radio and speakers, and the whole FatF treatment of cheap underglow, and neon interior lighting. I am planning on either doing a stock engine turbo kit (probably about 7psi) or maybe a cheap engine +turbo swap if it looks like a worthy swap candidate to those of you who know about it.

Doesn't have any rust, has several damaged areas on the fiberglass pieces (looking to repair, clean up install, and paint as well if anybody has tips) just cleaned up all the crappy wiring and added a small 1000 watt sub and amp as well as got 3 out of 6 other speakers working. It seems to have a large amount of random wiring that was running through the car and looks to have had some work done with the ECU.

I made a console piece to cover the old cupholder hole with 3 gauges and an old police radio scanner, has some bracing and different suspension it looks like on both sides in the rear, I will include as many pictures as I can and can get more too, any information would be appreciated! Seems like it's half decent mods half cheap bad mods but let me know what you guys think! Thanks

Where'd the vtec go

Last edited by Wankenstein; 09-15-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Looking for any help figuring out what's been done to my 2000 Civic EX

Gawddammit dude do you pause when talk? Use sentence breaks with spacing so people can read your ****. I just edited it to add breaks so it's readable. I will delete any future posts if you don't allow the readers a chance to view your post without getting a headache due to word jumble.

You have been Donged!
Old 09-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Gawddammit dude do you pause when talk? Use sentence breaks with spacing so people can read your ****. I just edited it to add breaks so it's readable. I will delete any future posts if you don't allow the readers a chance to view your post without getting a headache due to word jumble.

You have been Donged!
^^^^
Grammer **** Dong
Old 09-15-2018

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
^^^^Grammer **** Dong
Lol.

I usually do as little moderating as humanly possible but that one long sentence/mini novel is a pet peeve of mine. No soup for him..lol

Old 09-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NickNork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Lol.

I usually do as little moderating as humanly possible but that one long sentence/mini novel is a pet peeve of mine. No soup for him..lol
I thought this would be a forum with real responses that actually give some insight on 6th gen civics not Grammer ***** wasting my time. If I wanted that I would hangout on Facebook. Informative responses only thanks.
Old 09-15-2018

Originally Posted by NickNork
I thought this would be a forum with real responses that actually give some insight on 6th gen civics not Grammer ***** wasting my time. If I wanted that I would hangout on Facebook. Informative responses only thanks.
I'll take it that you get the point and will post coherently from now on if you in turn want coherent answers. Really not that much to ask of anyone.
Old 09-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking for help to identify what has been modified/added/etc as it seems to have a few
It's pretty apparent that someone has had their fingers in just about every place they could put them LOL

It should have a permanent check engine light---if the previous hacks didin't disable that warning light too.
Injectors look like they have some borked wiring that could eventually just disconnect themselves via vibration, This may eventually become a big problem.
Does the ECM at least match the engine that's in the car now?

Important safety items are missing from the car (drivers airbag) is obvious, maybe more.

There is also a mysterious plug near the drivers seat that I am curious about
Connector for seat belt buckle? Got pics of this?
turbo kit
There are areas in this website that deal with performance, turbos and swaps
I hope you take the time to correct more problems and do it right so it's reliable and safe(r)
Old 09-15-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NickNork
"Dear diary; whine whine whine"

You bought some sex spec ex-"show car" it's has all kinds of different things done to it. Some may have been done well, some have probably been done poorly.

That shifter setup looks like it's from a 7th Gen (cables instead of a shift linkage) what engine and trans is in that?