North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Install fest at Grey's on Fri. June 13th

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
The civil wedding eh? She should have one thats not civil....with drinking, cursing, partying and orgies.
Old 06-12-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Ha ha! J00 is teh funny.

Edit: One a side note... I fixed my front toe today (the car, not my foot). That means we'll be able to align your front end Dan. The back end I'm not too sure about... I know how to fix the camber, but the toe is another story. We'll see...
Old 06-12-2003
Reppin' "Custom Concepts"

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
sooooo........you can help me fix my camber!!!!!!!!!

lol
I still need to get an alignment

Last edited by noname; 06-12-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2003
DIY King

Yeah, but not tomorrow. I think I'll be pretty tired from the spring install. I can show you how to do it. I can give you hints. I just don't want to do it myself if I'm all tired. Bleh.
Old 06-12-2003

it's all good
I dont feel like doing it either
I'm tired of taking offthe wheels and crap
I'm just gonna take it to firestone and have them do it for me

I just wanna drink some coronas and chill
Old 06-12-2003
DIY King

Originally posted by noname
I just wanna drink some coronas and chill.
Me too!
Old 06-12-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
how far of a drive is VA anyways?
last time I went to MA I visited Holden.. took me about 7 hours to get there.

Grey, what part of VA will you be in? maybe if you find time you can chill with the northern VA crew for a bit. But being fathers day and all it may not work out. also, for the rear toe there's an eccentric bolt at the very end of the control arm.. you just loosen the locking nut and set it.
Old 06-12-2003
DIY King

Salem, VA. Although I doubt that I'll be able to go anywhere. I'de rather go out than stay in the hotel room, but I don't know. Yeah, it is fathers day and all... Hmm... How far is Salem from where you guys usually hang out? Oh yeah, and who's "you guys"? LOL
Old 06-12-2003

Originally posted by Grey
Me too!

MEX

you know you wanna come up too!!!
c'mon!
Old 06-12-2003
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Mex
last time I went to MA I visited Holden..

Do you know Richard Hertz from Holden????
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
So who's actually going to be there tonight? I'm going but I might be running a little late - depends on traffic and everything....where's dan??? If you read this, gimmie a call bro...
Old 06-13-2003

I might be kinda late too 495 sucks at 5:30

btw
who knows how to take apart the door panel?
Old 06-13-2003
DIY King

btw
who knows how to take apart the door panel?
Me.
Old 06-13-2003

Originally posted by Grey
Me.
cool

whenever, I put my window down I get this ill scrape/grinding noise
I wanna see whats going on in there.
I will show you when I get there.
Old 06-13-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
Salem eh.. so much for that idea. That's down by roanoke, which is a 3 hour drive almost. if there's ever a time im up in NJ with my friends on a weekend you host an install fest i'll try to show up
Old 06-13-2003
DIY King

Originally posted by Mex
Salem eh.. so much for that idea. That's down by roanoke, which is a 3 hour drive almost. if there's ever a time im up in NJ with my friends on a weekend you host an install fest i'll try to show up
Deal!
Old 06-13-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Sorry I couldent make it guys....was really tired, and the rain would have made for a miserable drive. I'll be there next time though.
Old 06-14-2003
DIY King

Well, here's what happened. Dan showed up at around 12:30PM. We talked for a little bit and then we went to the liquor store to get some brewskies. We went back to my place and we went to work. We worked and worked and worked and we were almost done when Sam showed up.

We finished installing the springs and then we even fixed the camber kit in the rear to have 0 camber. The front has slight negative camber and slight toe in. That'll help in cornering though, so it's all good. Dan will need to get that front end aligned by a good alignment shop to his specifications anyway.

Then I had to get ready for my date with Maggie. Too bad that nobody else could show up earlier like Dan, but it is a work day after all... Oh well, maybe next time. Sorry guys, I had to scramble to make that date with Maggie. We went and saw 2Fast 2Furious. It wasn't that bad. Not a good sequel to the first one, but an okay movie in and of itself.

What happened after I left BTW? Did Phil show up? Did you guys go anywhere?
Old 06-16-2003
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
sooooooo...this is what happened after michal left:
sam and i decided to go for a test drive to see how the ride was with the springs. so were driving and driving, and hit a few potholes/bumps...and i go to sam, "do you hear that squeaking, grinding sound coming from the front left side?" and sam says, "yeah...go over a bump again." so i do...and it goes like that again...like as if something was loose. so we go back to michals house and open up the hood and guess what...we forgot to tighten the front left strut nut!!!!! i still cant figure out how we managed to forget that one. oops.
so we tightened the thing and took another test drive and all was good. thats about the same time that keith came up to the house. then we chatted a bit and left at like 8:30.

then later that night phil, his g/f, kevin, his g/f, some other peeps that i met that night went to "The Rack" in boston...where they dont let you in if you have sneakers and t-shirts. X2!! amazingly, phil had shoes and a shirt in the trunk of his car so i put those on and we went in. BTW - i think theres another reason besides being a pool hall why "the rack" is called that...can i just say ( o y o )

so then we chilled and got some drinks (well, i did) and apparently some of phil's friends' friends thought i was "cute" or something...or at least thats what someone in the group told me...so i think i got hit on...LOL and then we went out for a smoke (cause you cant smoke in a bar anymore) naturally, bar and smoking dont mix....DUMB!! but anyway, were outside and were TOTALLY looking at hotties and there are PLENTY of them. and apparently they like the way phil's clothes looked on me cause everyone told me that someone was checking me out. i didnt see it, but ask phil cause he will testify. which makes me want to go and shop with phil so i can get some of the **** that he wears, cause apparently it works on me. hahahah
so...then we see these totally SMOKING 2 girls and decide we were done with the outside and went back in. then one of the bouncers (who were also checking out the same 2 chicks) told me that one of them was looking at me...and i told him that he was a liar...and we all laughed...but she was still DAMN hot. and then we left.
and that was all that night.
thank you michal for your help and garage!!! i cant tell you how much i appreciate it.
thank you sam for asking for the test drive cause i might have went back to watertown with a loose strut and killed myself.
thank you phil for the night out...i had a great time. your g/f is mad cool! sorry i couldnt chill on sat., but all my friends wanted to see me that night.
ill be posting updated pix of the lowered car soon....maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2003

yo it's all good man, it was nice meetin ya....
Old 06-16-2003
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it was nice meeting you Dan. It was unexpectedly a extremely hectic weekend, else I would've like to hang out some more.

And yeah, some of the girls thought you were cute. I would've tried to introduce, but it felt like a rock was in my throat whenever I tried to talk/shout above the music. Since I cant make it to the BBQ on the 21st, hope you can make HIN.
Old 06-16-2003
sometimes i pee when i laugh

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
haha, dans a pimp
Old 06-17-2003
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
hehe...thanks sivikchik.

it was awesome meeting all the new people (to me) that i havent met the last time. kevin, sam, everyone else whose name i dont remember. lol...sorry...i hate loud places cause i cant hear ****.

as far as HIN, that might be a tough one for me to make. with the bbq in CT, its gonna turn out that im driving up there A LOT, and i am leasing the car...so i gotta watch the miles. specially if i can even consider going to the big 7thGen meet in VA in august.

but ill def. keep you all in the know whenever im up there in MA land so we can chill again. it was a good time.
Old 06-17-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

lease....mileage....hahahaha. I'm on a 3 year lease, 12,000 miles a year....i've had the car for 13 months and there is almost 35,000 miles on it....looks like i'm gonna be buying this car at the end of the lease.
Old 06-17-2003

geeeez B

why did you even lease it for?

keith: thanks for the sub
sup wit that amp yo?
Old 06-17-2003
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
No prob....

I'm still scoping an amp, I'll get it soon......
Old 06-17-2003
DIY King

Yeah, I heard from my Dad about letting you guys use the garage to tighten a bolt. Which one did we forget? One of the ones that hold the strut and spring to the car up top? The ones up top under the hood?
Old 06-17-2003
Registered!!

we forgot the one on top of the strut...the pain in the a$$ one where we needed the monkey wrench and the hex key. i think it was one of those "we dont need to tighten it now, we can do it when we put it in" and then "now that we put it in, lets install the other one" type of things. lol

its cool tho. haha...just hope we didnt **** your dad off. he looked at me kinda weird when i asked him...as if to say "how stupid are you anyway?" LMAO

im getting a creaking from my rear springs tho...kinda like something rubber is rubbing or i dont know. just the rears tho...not sure if thats still the break in period and the springs settling or something. anyone else get that? is that normal?
Old 06-17-2003
DIY King

Oh, the one on top of the strut? Weird. I thought that we screwed that one down? Actually, I remember looking at both of those nuts and seeing that they were screwed down. How much was it un-screwed? Maybe it needed to be tightened down more? Oh, wait... Maybe the spring settled and it got loose? That might be it.

The creeking is normal I hope. At least I hear a lot of people complain about that.
Old 06-17-2003
Registered!!

no, the left one (drivers side front) was totally unscrewed. well, the nut was on, but only as far as we got it on the floor. we didnt actually tighten it. i think it just looked like it was on cause the strut was hanging and then we closed the hood after we put the strut bar on. meh...good thing we noticed the grinding noise and investigated. phew...hehe
it rides nice tho. a bit bouncier than stock tho. thats probably cause the stock shocks are really soft. i doubt i blew them cause it only bounces like once or twice and stabilizes. i hope i can last on them for another 2 years. otherwise im gonna have to shell out some dough for koni yellows or KYB adjustables (i think those are available too).

Quick Reply: Install fest at Grey's on Fri. June 13th