North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

HIT & RUN: some Lincoln Town Car hit my Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
HIT & RUN: some Lincoln Town Car hit my Civic!

I woke up this morning to an unpleasant surprise. Last night around 4 in the morning a Lincoln Town Car sideswiped the driver's side of my Civic. The whole door panel is dented and scratched up and my driver's side rearview mirror is hanging on by a few wires. The punk left behind parts of his car including a curved metal piece that I think goes over his front right bumper (it had a sticker on the opposite side that had a part number and it said Lincoln Town Car), the center part of one of his hubcaps (or whatever you call it), and pieces of plastic that cover the headlights and directionals.

Since I've never been hit before I don't know what insurance will or will not cover and how this will affect my premium. Luckily my aunt is my insurance agent so I will discuss with her when she gets back from her weekend trip to Maine. I took lots of pictures and I guess maybe the insurance people will want to take pictures too. Once I find access to a scanner (probably Monday) I will scan and post the pictures in this thread. I called the town police and they told me to call the state police since I parked on a state road (the Fellsway, aka Route 28 in Medford). Usually I park on a sidestreet but all the spaces were taken when I got back at 2am. The state police did nothing but copy my license and registration.

Sooo... if any of you Boston area people see a Lincoln Town Car with its right side smashed in and missing the parts in the pictures that I will post soon, be sure to let me know. I know it's a very very very slim chance that I'll catch this guy but if I do he will pay through his teeth. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-07-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Wow, that really sucks. I hope your insurance will pay for the damage without your premiums going up. I'll try to keep an eye out, but like you said... It's a very slim chance.
Old 09-08-2002
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
That does really suck man, I can't believe ll the state poopers did was record your information. They didn't get a sample of any of the left over parts? Unreal.

Good luck man.