North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Two CT or Springfield Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sovereign82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Two CT or Springfield Questions

Ok,

I'm looking for a performance ship either in lower Mass (around Springfield) or in CT. I mainly need Projector Headlights for my 01 Civic. Why do I need them? Don't use GooGone on your headlights, it strips the chrome off [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]. I would order them online but I just really dont want to wait [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG].

Second Question

Anyone have any paint work done in CT or Mass? I have a few shops in mind but I'm looking for someone who has had work done and their opinion on it.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-25-2002
sometimes i pee when i laugh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold

im in ct but im in the middle part... but for shops go to triple digit motor sports... its off the berlin tpke...

and for body work go to turnpike motors... got my car done there 2 weeks ago (was all smashed up) and they did a BEAUTIFUL job... also had some touch up work done a month or so ago... like little scratches and stuff by a friend of mine who owns a shop... he does ONLY body work... so i guess if u want more info, u can pm me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

seabass771 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have some money to spend, go to bodyworks in east longmeadow ma, they do excellent work, you pay for it, but its great work
Old 08-27-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Or... If you're cheap, you can wait for me to get my paint gun; then you can drive on by and I can paint some stuff for you.
Check it: Getting a Compressor! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I'll practice on my whole front bumper and on my spoiler (when I get it). It shouldn't be too hard. All you need to do is give me the paint. Color matching won't be too hard if you car is newer. If it's older, then we can experiment by adding in some white and black into the paint. Maybe some red and blue too? I'de have to read what colors make paint look like it's weathered.
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

your in Mass right? Im going to have alot of stuff that needs to be painted.

Kaminari Body Kit
Rear Bumper
M3 Mirrors

When will you have the gun? I get all this stuff at the end of the week. Do you know how to do prep work?

Matt
Old 08-27-2002
DIY King

your in Mass right?
Shrewbsury, MA
It's very close to Worcester.

When will you have the gun?
As soon as I have enough money to buy it. Right now I need to pay off my credit card debt. I have till the 5th of Sep. to do that. Then however long it takes me to save up about $75. That is unless you would want to do this right now. Then we could figure something out. Pay me in advance and I could buy that paint gun. Then you could drive on down to my house and we could do some painting. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Do you know how to do prep work?
Not a problem. I'll probably do a better job than some professionals. For urethane kits we need to leave them out in the sun on a very hot day for a while. That bakes the oils out of them. Then we'll need to sand and sand and sand until we get a nice clean and cmooth surface. Then prime, paint, and clearcoat. Not a problem. The only problem I envision is location. Small parts can be painted outdoors. It just can't be too windy. Then we take them inside to dry so that they don't get any dust or foreign matter on them. For bigger parts it's kinda hard to do this, but if you worked with me it would be pretty easy. I listed my prices on that compressor page. You would pay much much much much much more at a bodyshop. Plus we can install it together if you want. I'm pretty good with stuff like that.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Ok...I could probably buy you the gun for your fee is thats cool. I'll probably give this a shot if I can find the paint. What days are you avaliable on? I have Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off....Any idea how long this would take? Kit arrives in 2 days...Mirrors next Monday.

LMK,
Matt
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

CivicManDan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
in CT we have a couple places that have them in stock. Manchester Honda Motor Sports...... www.manhonda.com or you could try car TriTownImports. (in Vernon # 860-870-0093) if you go TriTown, ask for David Breton and tell him that Dan, the kid with the 2001 red civic sent you. its very possible he will give you a cheaper price.
Manchester honda carries stock lights and matrix projector lights
TriTown carries the TYC angel eyes.
BTW, good choice on the projectors. they are cheaper then replacing the stock lights. OOHHHH yea....and if you have a coupe and get the matrix style, you will need the wiring harness for the 4DR civic headlamp assembly. this cost $20 per side i think. thats what i had to do because they were developed on the 4DR lamps socket.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Went to Manchester Honda and Tritown...Manchester didn't have any and I didn't SEE any in Tritown but I didn't ask either as they were busy. I live 2mins away from Tritown.

Matt
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

CivicManDan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn. manchester only has the black ones left on display then i guess...... Tritown never has anything on display. you have to ask Dave. they are in the process of relocating to the pike near action auto so maybe he has some stuff down there. but i do know for a fact that he has 5 revo technica short shifters left, and he needs people to buy them! Like i said tell him i sent you and it should be cheaper. but if he has to order it.....you might as well look on ebay. the wait will be the same. (but cheaper maybe in price) everytime he orders he has to order in bulk.....and that scares him cuz no1 is going there to buy parts for our cars. so like the short shifters.....hes stuck with em.
Old 08-29-2002
DIY King

[hr]Originally posted by: sovereign82
Ok...I could probably buy you the gun for your fee is thats cool. I'll probably give this a shot if I can find the paint. What days are you avaliable on? I have Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off....Any idea how long this would take? Kit arrives in 2 days...Mirrors next Monday.

LMK,
Matt[hr]
Allright, that would work. My local Home Depot and Lowe's has some decent models. They go for less than $75. I'll have to read up on airguns to see what to look for, but we can hit either of those two stores and pick one out. That is unless you want to buy the paint gun yourself? I'de prefer it if I got to pick it though, 'cause I will be stuck with it. Plus using a good paint gun to paint everything will yield better results for you.

Wait, so you need to paint the whole Kaminari kit, your rear bumper, and the M3 mirrors? Is that correct? The M3 mirrors will be easy. Just disassemble them to be painted. Drying time is what will take a while. We have to prime, then paint, then clearcoat. The bodykit won't be too bad either. It's just the drying time betwean coats. Plus weird angles might make it interesting.

Plus we need to prep the bodykit for painting. We'll need to sand it and to leave it out in the sun for a whole day. I think you can do that part. It's pretty easy. Just lightly sand it with some steel wool. If there are any deep scratches, or pit marks, then you'll have to fill them. Hopefully there will be none. Leaving it out in the sun "bakes" it and clears off the oils trapped within. If you don't do this the bodykit will have little bubbles that come up when it dries. It's like the bodykit needs to evaporate.

I think the process will take a whole day. Well, at least a good chunk of it. It also depends on what kind of paint you buy. If it's fast drying then it'll be easier for us. If it has a drying time of something like 30 minutes to an hour, then that'll work pretty well. I think the plan would basically be for you to buy the paint (primer, color, clearcoat) and come on over with everything to my house. Then we could head on out to get that paint gun. Then you could either supervise, or you could leave and come back for the finished product. Your choice.

I'm free the following days... Friday after 4:30PM. Saturday. Sunday. This coming Monday. Wednesday. That's about it. Let me know...
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Ok, lets hope I get all my stuff by this weekend. You are right on everything I need. Ill take a look at everything and see how confident I am in preping it. Heck, to save time, I'll paypal you the money and you can go get the gun in advance. Just one last question...

Where do I get paint lol.

Matt
Old 08-29-2002
DIY King

Allright, my PayPal e-mail address is: iopsys@hotmail.com
How much will you PayPal me?

On the paint I'll have to get back to you. I don't know for certain myself, so I'll need to research that. I'll let you know tomorrow.