South Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia

East Coast Extreme show needed work!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REDchirp should not be trustedREDchirp should not be trusted
East Coast Extreme show needed work!

I went to the TEAM ECI show...aka....East Coast Extreme.....i drove 4 hours at 5 in the morning to get there....my team...team KAOS...WE had some of the nicest cars there...it showed in the trophies....but i mean....a girl form my club got a toyota trophy..she has a civic...and the classes were messed up...i got screwed...anybody esle go and have the same prob?????
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

EsineN is an unknown quantity at this point
Dawg, you told me you weren't with Kaos! But anyway, yeah, Wendy won a trophy for best Toyota in her Civic Hatch...We all thought it was funny, but uh...A Honda winning a Toyota catagory? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] There weren't nearly as many cars as I was expecting, but the quality of the cars was incredible. Some of the best I've seen at a show yet. Chrissy, thanks for helping to put on a good show. The judging was a little screwy (we were given a reason why Jade won Best Crew, but still...Kaos showed 3 times as many cars, and all but maybe one or two were SICK) and the whole no one under 21 in Dave and Busters thing without someone 21 was kinda...Weird...But I understand the reason behind it. Anyway, I enjoyed the show. The weather was scorching (but damn, I finally got some color on the face!), there were some sick cars and there were a lot of people there I know, so I had fun. Good luck next year, ECI!

-Steve
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

yea.....I mean....I don't wanna make it sound like Team ECI put on a bad show..... it was their first show I believe ( i think , i mean, i hope that's what i heard), but yea, there were some pretty nice cars there, Team Kaos, we had the best cars at the show, nobody could touch us, but the judging got all screwed up and that was that....so, all in all just needs a little more work on registration and taking the same info from registration to the judges, that's where it was messed up, they came around saying ohh...ur cars isn't mild, it's wild, and the two things got messed up.....but...yea...I gotta get a decent system to start winning a lot more often....i think it hurts me the most....but yea..... Team ECI go back to the drawing board...k

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] My car at show.jpg (55 Kb)
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
I thought it was fine, I mean I can't complain. I won first in wild. I had the purple 2k1 civic. I got some good coverage at the show. It was nice meeting some of you guys as well.
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

And oh yeah, congrats Phil. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] The paint job looked good, clean and shiney...But why purple, man? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

-Steve
Old 07-28-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
glad i didnt decide to show up i guess
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

CivicChick2k1EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Well guys sorry that you were disapointed but we did the best we could. I agree that there is a few things that needed to be changed but hey...you have to learn from mistakes right? We know what we did wrong. The judging was all done corectly but the classes got confused a little bit. I think it was becasue too many prople were working on the score sheets and everyone got mixed up as to what was going on.

BUT...we learned. .

I hope to see you all next year for a much better show. I think we had a good turnout, not 400 cars, but 150 VERY HIGH quality cars. Phil, the car looks good. First we both started of with red cars and i was going to get mine painted before the show but i decided to get the 19's and the hood instead. Good thing i didnt cause I was going to do purple!!!!! I guess we just have the same taste, but thats a good thing cause the cars were lookin good!!!

But guys can I ask one thing? Please dont cut us down or insult us about how it sucked or whatever. Please, just let us know in a nice way what needed to be fixed so we can make it better next year! Go to the TEAM ECI MESSAGE BOARD and sign up and let us know what needs work!

I appreciate your concern and help!

Chrissy

P.S.....nice meeting everyone!
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

inciviccord is an unknown quantity at this point
the show overall was a huge success! i spoke with the members that had the dignity to stay behind and ask questions the best crew had NOTHING to do with the amount of cars.. and had everything to do with the high quality, and consistant quality ( not to mention i got an email today from a member of kaos who apologized for his clubs "unsportsman like conduct")

we know alot of things could have run smoother.. and next year they will.. i think overall everyone had a good time, we had a grand total of 3 complaints, of that 2 were resolved, i thought the kaos one was resolved also, but evidently not? i apologize for wendy being called as winning a toyota class, our records show her winning a civic wild class.. which is pretty good considering her interior was ripped out...

all in all i think it was fun, NO show of our kind has given away a complete motor swap! EVER! and next year we plan bigger and better givaways! please follow chrissy's link or contact me directly at 904/737-9119 ..

Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

btw, that purple 2k1 civic was gorgeous! i wish i could of had more time to look at it!

very nice!!
Old 07-28-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I couldn't make it guys(thurs. I get my first paycheck in 3 months so I'm dead broke)....sounds like it was a pretty good show[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Next time you guys have a show, give me some advance warning and I promise I will be there.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

Chrissy-I really hope I didn't come across as insulting or whatever. Like I said, I had a lot of fun at the show, I thought it was well organized, but the judging (because of mix-ups in the sheets and whatnot) was a little of a "weak link" if you will. But hey, it's your first show, you live, you learn. No one should have expected it to be perfect. And all the ECI people I met that day were very cool. Especially when 5 of them are yelling directions at you. But anyway...

Austin-Where was your car, man!? I really wanted to see it! That was probably my biggest dissapointment of the day. But anyway, are you the person who came over to Kaos after most cars had left and was explaining the judging and calling someone about Wendy's award? You have long hair, right? I was there, bright orange shirt. I'm not officially in Kaos, I just know most of the people in the club, and I rode down with them, but my car wasn't entered. I can't even begin to touch half of the cars that were there. I kinda walked away while you were talking, but that's because I had to go change because a friend was picking me up to go to a movie, sorry if I seemed rude.

But yeah, good show, ECI. I'll definitely be back next year, maybe with some more goodies on the car so I can enter.

-Steve
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

i didnt mean to come accross rude either, im just that type of person, i can recognize problems and do my best to fix them, i just find it personally offending when i do try to go out of my way to fix a situation and people go and talk smack about it.. thats all.. i was over there talking with kaos afterwards.. i dont think i have long hair? but maybe you mixed me with someone else?! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] thanks for coming out.. thats the whole point of a show.. car or not..

my car wasnt there! rrrrr i and everyone in eci was just as upset as everyone that came to see it.. i apologize for it not being there.. but it truly wasnt ready.. not even for display.. i promise its coming soon, and i think it will make up for the wait..

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

again.. any problems please contact me this week 904/737-9119
thanks!
Old 07-29-2002

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Welcome to the wonderfull world of car shows.
Congrats to ECI for a succsesfull first show, is not easy to organize and run this shows.
There is allways room for improvement for the show organizers and car owners as well.
I remember Phill showing up without a clue on the first shows and now look at him, good job Phill and congrats on your win, now you got a trophy to show for.
Sorry I wasn't a 100% my self,but I work like 10 hrs the day before and I gotten no sleep and no food I just got sick!
I was very pleased to see that our cars are looking better and better every time, we need to reclute more of this show quality cars for our meets, I know we got the best 7thgens here in Florida.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

hey.... Chrissy.... your team did a good job with everything at the show..... U gave away the best things... engine, lights, wings.... I didn't mean to sound like a jerk....and didn't mean to make my team sound like azzholes.... we were just very confused and kinda heated when all the judging came out..... sorry about the way we acted.... I'll be back next year..... most of us won't recognize my car by then though...maybe..... but tell the rest of ECI.... that registration price was nuts... I had exactly $35.... but....i guess if u can charge that much..go fot it... Get back to me on other stuff.... and sorry to austin too.... nobody's talkin smack... from my team... we're heated that we didn't win more trophies...but that's the way things go sometimes..... we'll try to make our cars better for next year.... actually I know we'll have a lot better cars next year... LATA

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] My car at show.jpg (55 Kb)
Old 07-29-2002

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Pictures from the show are up.
Here it is looking at you!
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
Here is the pic of the .Purple Passion
Old 07-29-2002

Hey Gangsta have you done any mods to your car other than the once that Hondaland did?
And are you pretty happy with it like that, or you would off prefered having done it yourself?
I would think that dealer mods would be very expensive seems that the only benefit is having it financed with the price of the car.
My friend is getting ready to buy a 2k2civic and he is wondering about it.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

CivicChick2k1EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks to those of you that apologised for your actions and remarks. I understand why some of you were upset and it makes me feel better that you understand us now.

Next year is already in the making starting off with the correction of some ofour mistakes.

Cant wait to see you all next year for a bigger show, with bigger prizes, and a better overall performance!
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

my car is not close to finished... it will not be for a long time... maybe never... at the new hondaland show... I probably won't be showing... my team will be judging so i can't..... but.... if u come over and talk to me... I will have some new mods by then... engine stuff...but yea the dealer did the more expensive stuff.... it helped me to start off... but nowhere near where it will be soon... lata
Old 07-30-2002

They are good people there at Hondaland
Old 07-30-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
it was 35 bucks entry? geeze... and they gave away engines!?