Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

EX-T wheels versus Touring wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wolfey is an unknown quantity at this point
EX-T wheels versus Touring wheels

Hi, I just had a set of touring wheels installed on my 2017 Civic EX-T and I really like them. However, I hear a little more tire noise with the touring rims. I didn't switch to different tires, had the original Firestones put on the touring rims. Could it be the EX-T wheels muffle tire noise more than the Touring wheels because they are more closed off or have a more aerodynamic design?
Old 08-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EX-T wheels versus Touring wheels

How many miles are on the tires? Infrequent tire rotations up to this point?

Maybe the tires that were on the rear were becoming a little noisy, now they have been moved to the front and the noise is more noticeable now.

Maybe the tires now have a bit more air in them then before.

Lots of possibilities pop into my head, but I doubt wheel change is the reason.
Old 08-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wolfey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. The tires only have 2800 miles on them and weren't rotated. What psi would you recommend inflating them to in 105 degree Phoenix weather conditions?
Old 08-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

2800 miles
That's like brand new. There shouldn't be any unusual tread noise unless something happened to the tires, or something knocked the alignment out of whack to cause rapid and unusual wear.

Raise the car and spin each tire, check for flat spots or other unusual evidence?

What psi would you recommend inflating them to in 105 degree Phoenix weather conditions?
Whatever the tire inflation sticker in the drivers door jamb says