Electronics Post your questions about Electronics problems here!

Hands-free phone bluetooth link noisy!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mortoma5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hands-free phone bluetooth link noisy!!

I have a 2018 Civic EX-T sedan, manual 6-speed that is 11 months old now with only 9,000 miles on odo. One thing that people complain about is when they are talking to me on the phone and I'm using the hands-free system they hear a lot of noise, like some kind of interference or road noise. I hear them just fine, no problem!! Some people describe it like an slightly mis-tuned radio station in the background. I tried the obvious like shutting off the audio system before making a call or before someone calls me. I have a 2015 Honda Fit that has a hands-free link and it does not do this at all. I have not run this by the dealer yet but if any of you have any ideas please reply here..TY...
The following users liked this post:
MichaeDMc (04-05-2023)
Old 11-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hands-free phone bluetooth link noisy!!

Warranty, dealership.
You probably need to demonstrate the issue to them so all involved understand the problem (call from your car using the system to talk to your service advisor)...and they may want to check your phone as well and may need info from you.

BUT FIRST if you can, try pairing a different phone to the car and see if it works better (borrow a friend with a more common phone)
Not all phones are completely compatible with all of the cars and their many variations and different systems. Check your phone here: http://handsfreelink.com/honda

Also try deleting your phone from the list and re-pair it to the car.
Factory data reset of the radio?
Old 04-05-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MichaeDMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hands-free phone bluetooth link noisy!!

I have a 2013 Honda Civic, for I also have the same issue. I have an iPhone 12 Pro max, if that matters. For every call I make using my handsfree, I get complaints concerning background noise.