10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

So... I did a thing.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
So... I did a thing.

Guys, meet Miyuki. She's a 2018 Sport Hatchback. They sold the 6 speed I wanted, but the CVT felt nice. The paddle shifters sold me on it.

I hope she's as good to me as Azumi was (RIP).
Old 11-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: So... I did a thing.

Congrats! Sweet ride!! I love the new styling, definitely has me thinking about doing the same.
Old 11-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old 11-11-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Looks great Josh, congrats!! Going to put wheels or anything on it?
Old 11-11-2017
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

It came with stock 18s that, I think, look pretty sick.

I'm gonna leave it stock, for now. Maybe LED headlight bulbs or HID retro (TRS makes a direct bolt-in projector for these headlights). Taking a gander under the hood, they don't leave much for tuners to do. lol.

Anyone got a headlight bulb guide for this thing? The manual literally just says "12V 21W" for the front turn signal. The only bulbs called out by number are the low and high beams, H11 and H8, respectively. I'm not even sure if it said what the foglights were.
Old 11-12-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Maybe LED headlight bulbs or HID retro (TRS makes a direct bolt-in projector for these headlights).
Snag a set of factory LEDs from a touring model
Taking a gander under the hood, they don't leave much for tuners to do. lol.
Old, but Hondata
http://www.motortrend.com/news/honda...ic-1-5l-turbo/

BEWARE the CVT trans will be the weak link

Anyone got a headlight bulb guide for this thing? The manual literally just says "12V 21W" for the front turn signal.

The only bulbs called out by number are the low and high beams, H11 and H8, respectively. I'm not even sure if it said what the foglights were.
Foglight H8

My catalog shows HB3 for the high beam.

HB3= 9005......= 9011 HI-R?
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ght-bulbs.html

Change H11 to H9 for more lumens?
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...o-fit-H9-bulbs

T10 = #168 = #194 (one is slightly dimmer than the other)
Others you'll just have to match up when the time comes but looks like all have been in use for a long time so they should be easily available.
Bulbs are covered under 3/36 warranty though.
Old 11-12-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nice, Josh!
Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice ride any plans for the body or engine?
Old 11-26-2017
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Sweet! Love the color. B-)
Old 11-26-2017
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone got a headlight bulb guide for this thing? The manual literally just says "12V 21W" for the front turn signal. The only bulbs called out by number are the low and high beams, H11 and H8, respectively. I'm not even sure if it said what the foglights were.
7440A, for the front signals, I believe.
Old 11-26-2017
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2016Touring
Nice ride any plans for the body or engine?
No plans as of yet. I'm fighting every urge to mod the crap out of it right now. haha. I've been eyeing the CTR spoiler, since it more or less bolts right on. Car came stock with the aero lip kit and 18" rims, and a carbon fiber is a bit much right now. As for engine, stock for now. Maybe an injen FMIC if the price drops or I find it used for a good price. Maybe intake to smooth out the incoming airstream into the turbo. Not digging the corrugated piping they invariably put on stock intakes. If the modding bug hits me hard, I'm going straight to a Hondata tune, maybe get the tune to the Si level, since they both boast the same L15B engine, only major difference being 20.3 psi vs 16.5psi. The sport already has a tuning boost over the lx/ex models, and paddle shifters are fancy. haha.

I did just give in to theretrofitsource's black friday sale and bought an HID kit for it. Saw some respectable cutoff lines from the stock projectors with PnP HIDs, so I'm going that route, for now. Bulbs and projectors is all I'd need to go full retrofit route after the HID kit goes in.

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Sweet! Love the color. B-)
Look who I made come out of hiding. hahaha. The polished metal metallic color looks freakin fantastic in person. They drove it out so I could test drive a sport hatch, and I was digging the color from the get go.
Old 11-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

looks sweet!
maybe check out HA Motorsports for tuning options...
Old 11-29-2017

I just heard some dealership is offering tunes for the turbo cars.
Maybe Hondata? I forgot which.
Old 11-29-2017
Administrator
Administrator

Dealers offering Hondata tunes? Seriously?

Edit: looks like its legit. $350 for an ecu reflash that gives ~40whp and ~35ft-lb torque
http://www.civicx.com/threads/first-...reflash.16531/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/dealer...n-house.10227/

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 11-29-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2017

Dealers offering Hondata tunes? Seriously?

Edit: looks like its legit. $350 for an ecu reflash that gives ~40whp and ~35ft-lb torque
http://www.civicx.com/threads/first-...reflash.16531/
http://www.civicx.com/threads/dealer...n-house.10227/
I don't want to guess about the legality of it, nor how it affects factory warranty......
Old 11-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like dealerships just found a new way to make some more money.
Reminds me of the old undercoating spray for rust....
Old 12-08-2017
Registered!!

Prime310 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice shot! Congrats on your new ride!
Old 12-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
D17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the rough

So sorry about the loss, losing a family member always sucks. But congrats on the new family member! I hope she will be good to you!
Old 03-22-2018
Registered!!

barch88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice dude. I just picked up a 6 speed sport. I hope you enjoy the CVT, I always had manuals and the car before this civic I decided to go automatic and paddle shifters, yeah I regretted it. The paddle shifter 'fun' faded quickly for me.