Mid West Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Minnesota: Minneapolis/St. Paul 7thGens...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Minnesota: Minneapolis/St. Paul 7thGens...

Just for anyone that doesn't know about it, Midway (University & Snelling Ave. area) in St. Paul is THE place to be on Friday and Saturday nights. Most of the '60s and '70s domestics hang out and cruise around in front of Porky's drive-in restaurant.

Us import kids hang out a bit further east, in the parking lots until ~10:00 when the cops kick us out. When the cops come, most of the cars just drive to another lot, til they get kicked out again. After the parking lots die out by 11:00, everyone heads out to Red Rock (about 15 miles out of downtown on highway 61) for racing (there's a long strip of road that's used for commercial truck access to a paper mill during the day... it's dead at night...). Cops are too lazy to drive all the way out there... if they do show up, it's often in the chopper [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Look for 50 to 100 cars in any given lot -- the Mervyn's/Herberger's lot just east of Snelling, the White Castle/Thrift Store lot at Lexington, and the Unidale Mall at Dale Street.

I've only seen ONE other 7thGen (a blue 2001 EX Coupe, 18" white rims...) out there... it would kick major *** if anyone else showed up! Hope to see some more of you guys out there this weekend!
Old 06-28-2002
Registered!!

Nitek is an unknown quantity at this point
I was out there a couple weeks ago. Very disapointed for bust after bust friday and saturday. I'm the only 7th gen who I saw was up there. Mines red with tsunami fb, and dropped.
Old 07-07-2002
Registered!!

herbs333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys know anyone who can put coilovers on my civic, I don't want to overpay at the shop. I will

also try to make it out friday and saturday on Snelling. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-04-2002
Registered!!

Element2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
finally some minnesota peeps.... i goto stthomas which is pretty much on the other side of 94.. but i work fridays and saturday nights... ill have to stop by after im done with work....
Old 08-05-2002
Registered!!

OmegaStauf is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for telling my the area bhayes... I'm out there every once in a while but I never see any other 7th gens. I live a while away so I actually don't make it too often, but it is fun when I do.
Old 08-06-2002
Registered!!

NBlarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, I have some friends that go to st. thomas, I actually go to st. olaf, headin back early sept, hope to see ya on the road
Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Heya,

I'm from that area. I havent been able to get out to that area early enough yet, but I plan too. Sounds like its interesting.
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

Element2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
im gonna be there for sure on the 30th... so for all u 7th gens... i expect to see more of u guys there.... ill be the loud stock looking sedan.... black....
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
just picked up my new car.......gettin stuff done to it.......lookin for a place to go.......wondering if this place is still goin on