Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

00 ex civic upgrades help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alain14 is an unknown quantity at this point
00 ex civic upgrades help

hey guys im new to the car world and i have a 00 civic ex with a D16Y8 engine and have put in a cold air intake, dc sports headers, and N1 exhaust i put NGK spark plugs and wires so far what other upgrades should i do to the car that are pretty afford addable like 300-400$ im lookin for more HP and for some reason my car doesnt go past 104 mph even with all these upgrades the acceleration is much faster though thanks
Old 03-07-2013
Registered!!

KyleSJ6033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 00 ex civic upgrades help

The car you have should go over 104. Mine would do 115 in my d16y7. There are thousands of things you could do but only you can decide. In my opinion you should look up what parts your interested in and then poll for what should be done first. They believe a search is the first choice that should be done. My personal experience with parts is upgrade the suspension first if your trying to go any faster. Strut bars is a good start.

My civic is equiped with front and back strut bars, lower rear strut bar and a center body brace. It corners ungodly. But Im no longer playing with 106 hp either. I can help you with any decisions you want to make but remember HP costs a lot of money and my civic sits at 400hp but I also have about 4k in my motor.

I would tell you to go turbo like mine but you cant do that with as little of money as you have said. A good cheap turbo is going to cost you 2500 on the low side and then you still wont make over 250 without upgrading the pistons and rods. The auto transmission will only withstand about 220 or 230 hp before it begins to slip so I would tell you first to put a standard in your car but since that information was not put into your post Im going on a whim.

Any questions let me know.
Old 03-07-2013
Registered!!

alain14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KyleSJ6033
The car you have should go over 104. Mine would do 115 in my d16y7. There are thousands of things you could do but only you can decide. In my opinion you should look up what parts your interested in and then poll for what should be done first. They believe a search is the first choice that should be done. My personal experience with parts is upgrade the suspension first if your trying to go any faster. Strut bars is a good start.

My civic is equiped with front and back strut bars, lower rear strut bar and a center body brace. It corners ungodly. But Im no longer playing with 106 hp either. I can help you with any decisions you want to make but remember HP costs a lot of money and my civic sits at 400hp but I also have about 4k in my motor.

I would tell you to go turbo like mine but you cant do that with as little of money as you have said. A good cheap turbo is going to cost you 2500 on the low side and then you still wont make over 250 without upgrading the pistons and rods. The auto transmission will only withstand about 220 or 230 hp before it begins to slip so I would tell you first to put a standard in your car but since that information was not put into your post Im going on a whim.

Any questions let me know.
hey thanks for the reply i want to make a stick and i do eventualy want to put a b18c1 motor in but 1st want to make is stick if i put a gsr tranny in would it beable to fit with my engine and the one i want to get later
Old 03-08-2013
Registered!!

KyleSJ6033 is an unknown quantity at this point

The gsr tranny will fit all the b18 motors but not the d series. The transmissions are different. Idk if the gsr tranny would fit a b series tho.