Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

A question to people who own HP race headers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xzykotic is an unknown quantity at this point
A question to people who own HP race headers...

Are there any automatic owners who have the header with high flow cat on there car? Huge word of mouth is that the shaving issue does not effect the automatics. I was just wondering if anyone here actually can back this up.

Also, I have asked this once before, but got no answer, and the search is useless. How much did you pay for yours and where did you get it from? The cheapest I can find right now is through Nopi, and thats 260.00 for chrome and 289.00 for ceramic (without shipping).

I plan on purchasing one either this Thursday or Friday. Any information/feedback would be totally appreciated.
Old 01-28-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

How many more threads do you plan to start talking about headers? BTW, no one has HP Headers. THey only have an HP Header. We only have one header.
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, that is word on the street, I mean on the board.

EuroticElectronics.com sales the header and cat too. I think for 280 chrome w/o shipping. You could try and call them explaining that nopi offers if for X amt and ask them if they will beat it...

I would get the header regardless of the fitment issue. Just get it and be done with it. I will probably get mine soon but am comtemplating gettin rid of the car...
Old 01-28-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
How many more threads do you plan to start talking about headers? BTW, no one has HP Headers. THey only have an HP Header. We only have one header.[hr]

" A question to people who own HP race headers..." That makes it plural.

"Are there any automatic owners who have the header with high flow cat on there car? Huge word of mouth is that the shaving issue does not effect the automatics. I was just wondering if anyone here actually can back this up."

The above is the proper singular version of the word.

I see nowhere that this poster has misused the words "header" or "headers".

Now my question is, how many threads are you going to go on and make totally useless posts like this?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

How many more threads do you plan to start talking about headers? BTW, no one has HP Headers. THey only have an HP Header. We only have one header.[hr]
I am aware that 4 cylinder cars have one "header". No need to be a poor sport because I wasnt interested in the group buy.

Sorry to invade the board, but every time I post this question, people tell me to search, which always proves to be usless. Aside from that, the parts section doesnt give any links for the HP header. Im trying to get legit feedback from people who own the "header" themselves.

And by the way, EuroticElectronics is out of stock, so if there are any other distributors out there that anyone knows of, please let me know.
Old 01-28-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: Bartkat

Now my question is, how many threads are you going to go on and make totally useless posts like this?[hr]
As long as it keeps pissing old farts like you off.

Old 01-28-2003

I'm not a poor sport about the gb. I didn't have a problem with you in the gb. It was a few others that were the problem. I have a cold, so i'm in a really pissy mood these last few days. The NyQuil has just kicked in.

If you never get the answer you want, maybe its because not everyone has the HP. A lot of people talk about it but i bet more people have the DC header than the HP. People aren't answering you, because they really don't know. Its kind of an up in the air thing.

Old 01-28-2003
Premium Member

Now my question is, how many threads are you going to go on and make totally useless posts like this?[hr]
As long as it keeps pissing old farts like you off.[hr]
Do you stand corrected?
Old 01-28-2003

Do you stand corrected?[hr]
No.

Old 01-28-2003
Premium Member

Do you stand corrected?[hr]
No.[hr]
If you're lucky then you'll live long enough to know when to admit when you are in error.
Old 01-28-2003

If you're lucky then you'll live long enough to know when to admit when you are in error.[hr]
Will i get to be a ****tard like you then?

Old 01-28-2003
Premium Member

If you're lucky then you'll live long enough to know when to admit when you are in error.[hr]
Will i get to be a ****tard like you then?[hr]
No, you already achieved that.

Just take another shot of that Nyquil and maybe you'll doze off. I guess it does make some people kinda goofy.
Old 01-28-2003

No, you already achieved that.

Just take another shot of that Nyquil and maybe you'll doze off. I guess it does make some people kinda goofy.[hr]
Good, i'm so happy. I don't think it really matters if I take dayquil or Nyquil cause my cold doesn't really care what time of day it is. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

rino is an unknown quantity at this point
I think hondaluver has the hp header w/cat and he has an auto, see if you can ask him. I am not sure about anyone else though, sorry
Old 01-28-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Yea the Hp racing header will fit without cutting anything on automatics...

I bought it on ebay for 230 shipped when the big controversy of it not fitting the 5 speeds. and they were just tring to get rid of them... heh i guess im lucky the test civic was a auto, or else it would be the other way around...

Since i live in cali with stricter smog laws i got a ceramic legal hi-flow cat(look at the california code book for legal specs. i think it is 50 holes per inch or so), the high flow cat it comes with is hallow, which will not pass in cali, and i don't really want to polute... i used it as a resonator near the end of my piping...
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that those 2 are the only stores that carry the hp and cat combo. Some come across on ebay every now and again but I haven't seen anything lately.

Nopi is your best bet imo.
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: HondaLuver
Yea the Hp racing header will fit without cutting anything on automatics...

I bought it on ebay for 230 shipped when the big controversy of it not fitting the 5 speeds. and they were just tring to get rid of them... heh i guess im lucky the test civic was a auto, or else it would be the other way around...

Since i live in cali with stricter smog laws i got a ceramic legal hi-flow cat(look at the california code book for legal specs. i think it is 50 holes per inch or so), the high flow cat it comes with is hallow, which will not pass in cali, and i don't really want to polute... i used it as a resonator near the end of my piping...[hr]
Thanks for the info. So you had an aftermarket cat thrown on even with the high flow race? Explain how you did that? Did you have a shop weld it on? Thanks for the picture also.
Old 01-29-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
well i got my mendrel bent piping cutom at this place over here in canoga park(outside of la area). he installed my headers then he sells legal ceramic high flow cats and this was the best cat there was, he has been doing this for a long *** time, so he's a pro. it cost like 60 bucks, then i got a flex joint so when i drive crazy the whole piping that is connected to the engine doesn't snap or crack when it moves around. then the high flow cat that hp sells with their header is almost exactly the same as a high flow resonator. so he put that on... then i put on my focuz exaust on the end.

my car has a real nice deep tone, its not rice. it is still kinda loud. accually i just got a exaust ticket, and i didn't even go over 3,000. the header is what makes the deep tone. pm iceman, he has heard my car at PCC...