Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS (Pulley Set) Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS (Pulley Set) Installed...

I got the UR Ultra SS pulley set installed on Friday. This is the crank, alternator and power steering pulley. I was expected much more than I got. I do notice less engine braking and easier pickup in 3rd and 4th than before. I bought them to try and improve my 60' times. Friday nights results: 0.01 better 60' average (6 runs) and 0.04 better ET. That was kind of dissapointing. However the evening was VERY hot and became more humid. I haven't noticed any power problems or any real decrease in the A/C performance. The car does feel less strained when pushed to accelerate, but as you can see, there is very little measureable improvement that I can substantiate. They look good in there, but you've got to really try to see them, and most people looking at your motor will have no idea you have changed anything. Overall I'm glad I got them, but find it hard to really justify any real performance increase so far.
Old 06-01-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
thanks for the info man. hopefully u will see a greater imporvment when it is cooler outside.
Old 06-01-2002
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet thanks for the info, i was going to get them but not so sure its woth the money right now
Old 06-01-2002
Registered!!

OCTANECOUPE is an unknown quantity at this point
nice thread! thankx for the info.
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I noticed more power than that with just the AEM power steering pulley. I still have to put the alternator pulley on. I'm glad i stick wth AEM!!!!
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

01Ex is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had the AEM Power Pullys and didnt notice really anything. I now have the UR Ultra SS Pully set and i can feel and hear v-tec. It was night and day for me. i also live where it is cooler. that dose make a difference. When racing i could only get to 58-60 mph in 2nd gear. With the pullys i am hitting 63 everytime. I would say that is a good half sec. faster.

What i didnt like was that i had to drive around for 2 hours trying to find the belts for this. I had no clue that they didnt come with.

Over all i give it 7.5 out of 10.
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 01Ex
I have had the AEM Power Pullys and didnt notice really anything. I now have the UR Ultra SS Pully set and i can feel and hear v-tec. It was night and day for me. i also live where it is cooler. that dose make a difference. When racing i could only get to 58-60 mph in 2nd gear. With the pullys i am hitting 63 everytime. I would say that is a good half sec. faster.

What i didnt like was that i had to drive around for 2 hours trying to find the belts for this. I had no clue that they didnt come with.

Over all i give it 7.5 out of 10.[hr]
What size belts did you need? A guy at racesearch.com told me that the pulleys didn't require new belts? Anyhow, a part number for the belts would be cool...

FamilyMan, that kinda stinks man. You didn't notice any difference in 1st or 2nd gear? Maybe it was just real hot and humid but it still seems like you would have noticed something though. Although, your times are a little better. How much different was the wheather from the other nights that you have raced?
Old 06-02-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
looks pretty sweet man
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]I bought them to try and improve my 60' times. Friday nights results: 0.01 better 60' average (6 runs) and 0.04 better ET. That was kind of dissapointing. [hr]

thats exactly the kind of gains you should expect from something like this! you are getting into the kind of mods that bracket racers use to inch out their competitors, where ppl who build power start counting gains by the hundreths of a second (like the audi S4 driver who installed a shortshifter and lost a couple hundreths, but that is a different discussion)

I think you got exactly what you paid for.
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

sumama is an unknown quantity at this point
so if pulleys cant increase hp, what can?? besides a turbo
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
in our cars? nothing. you cant really get noticible results cheaply. personally i think its rediculous that you can spend $1200 in I/H/E and not even feel it.

But honda wanted to take teh civic away from 16 yr old tuners, make it a compact milage friendly famly car, so what can you do? =/
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

[hr]What i didnt like was that i had to drive around for 2 hours trying to find the belts for this[hr]
Please give me the part numbers for the belts that you used. I have now noticed that only one of my belts was replaced. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

[hr]How much different was the wheather from the other nights that you have raced?[hr]
From the prior series event it was 12 degrees hotter and about 20% more humid. From my best time it was about 20 degrees hotter and about the same humidity.

Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

SpooooN is an unknown quantity at this point
Was it hard to install? I was thinking about getting a set but after what u wrote Nitrous keeps looking better and better[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-03-2002

silver2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not sure about the unorthodox pullies, but with the AEM's....they come with the belts....