Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

**Exhaust Decisions**

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014
NewSiOwner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NewSiOwner is an unknown quantity at this point
**Exhaust Decisions**

So for the past few months I've been researching catbck exhausts for my 05 civic Si hatchback. One that I have came across and viewed on youtube is the apexi ws2. I want something very mellow and low in rumble. I've read its similar to stock which doesn't sound bad, but I don't wanna spend $600 and pretty much be left with a stock exhaust. So any advice or input Ill gladly accept!
Old 03-14-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: **Exhaust Decisions**

I guess it all depends on what you're going for... speed or sound? You might get a little of the former, but exhausts are mainly for sound and looks on Civics. You might get a little more with your Si though.
Old 03-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Check out HKS.

Stop by a local muffler shop and have them make you a custom setup. You pick the muffler of your choice and they can run custom piping. It's usually cheaper then you might think.
Old 03-15-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poopies
I guess it all depends on what you're going for... speed or sound? You might get a little of the former, but exhausts are mainly for sound and looks on Civics. You might get a little more with your Si though.
I've been wondering about that... wonder if any quiet, yet noticeable-midrange-gain pipes for basic street applications exist for an EX. Seems like that's not the money most pipe makers chase.