Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Ebay header

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ebay header

Okay so now I have the all mighty question. What is the difference between an Ebay header for 100$ VS. a skunk2 Header for 300$? They are both equal length 4-1 and both 2.25" outlet. I can find no difference except the name and price.

Last edited by Sherlock; 03-18-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: IM dumb and cant read
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

DeamonG37S is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ebay header

I wouldn't buy it but up to u. Probably because sum hookah in china made that and its cheap steel will rust break on welds, seams on the welds, prolly sound like **** tOo. Pay for what u get. Anyways 300 for headers is cheap. Authentic parts are best. Knock off parts are crap cheap stuff and will break down. Do it right the first time.
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

Ive ran 2 ebay headers befor and have ran into one of them being to short and had to weld extra tubbing and also had to drill the bolt holes bigger to fit the head. then the other was a perfect fit and had no issues. you get what you pay for.
Old 03-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Generally. Lower quality steel susceptable to cracking. Lower quality finishing which leaves it more susceptable to rust. If it's stainless steel it will discolor. Some people have had luck with them. Most people that do ceramic coat them to keep them protected from the elements. My recommendation? Keep the OEM header. The OEM header on our cars actually flows very, very well. You going for aftermarket for looks only, and if your going for looks an ebay header that will discolor is not the way to go.
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

Thumbs up Re: Ebay header

You hit it on the head man. I am going to be making actual custom shiny parts for all the rice heads around this city. I'm not trying to go fast. I am simply trying to make the car look shiny. So what the crap is ceramic coating? can i do that myself? I literally need something that will help dress up the motor and not set me back like 3-500$ because that's retarded. Also, how is my stock header better than a basic tube 4-1? I have reed up on it and it basically says 4 holes all inline to one hole makes your engine fight against itself to get the exhaust out of the pistons. that makes plenty of sense to me. Like I said I am not looking for anything awesome like turbos. I just want shiny. If you fellas got an idea where I can get a decent shiny header to help with the shinyness of this project I'm all ears.

Hey thanks again guys.
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

Talking Re: Ebay header

Just incase you were wondering: I am going to be making full on custom trinkets for cars. **** *****, with actual custom stuff on them ex: flames instead of numbers, skulls, lightning bolts, and all of that can be done in America without some gook doing it and ****ing it up. Also battery terminal covers, hood pin covers, custom emblems for the car/steering wheel. You name the detail that you want something put on and I will make it. It is all for dressed up dyno queens, but the ricers in this town all look the same. I'm sure you have noticed the same. When you can actually special order a custom shift know, hand brake sleeve, emblems, lugs for rims, and anything else you have always wanted your own flavor on, you will love my business.
Old 03-19-2013
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I never said better. I just said ours flows very good for an OEM header. If you want shiny go ebay. it won't stay shiny forever though
Old 03-20-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sherlock
Okay so now I have the all mighty question. What is the difference between an Ebay header for 100$ VS. a skunk2 Header for 300$? They are both equal length 4-1 and both 2.25" outlet. I can find no difference except the name and price.
Skunk2 is JUNK!! A few k20a.org members exposed them. Their quality control is bad and they invest $0 is R&D. They are basically a knock off brand like those ebay headers
Old 03-20-2013
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Years ago, we figured out you can use metal polish on your heat shield.

It will come out looking really nice and shiny. Some people opted out of buying a header after this option.
Old 03-20-2013
Registered!!

Question Re: Ebay header

Okay so one last question and i will leave you alone. Can i use high temp paint on my OEM header to dress that up? do they have the paint that will hold up under that kind of heat?
Old 03-20-2013
Whachya lookin at?

They sure do. They have header paint. Your going to have to do a really good job cleaning it though Try to get as much rust off as possible and then prime + paint it. I went a different direction with my heat shield:

Name:  SAM_6833.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  83.6 KB
Old 03-20-2013
Registered!!

clinton_hedrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Megan Racing makes one for around $150, you'll be getting shiny and a reliable brand name for not much more than the Ebay one
http://www.procivic.com/index.php?ca...oducts_id=2314
Old 03-20-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

The race headers on my rsx are from Megan. I love them