Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

need help with cat back

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
urgirlsnortzblo is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with cat back

im not really good at car stuff but i wanted to get a better sound for my car i have an 01 civic dx and i got a low budget so i been looking on ebay and i was wondering how come some of them only have 4 pipes while others have 3 pipes and if these include a catalytic converter or a test pipe or sumthin i have a cupple of links http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-HON...item5890ca4d5c

http://www.migicar.com/mfcbhcivic01.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-03-HONDA-...item23175c9ab3

if any one could help me out that would b great thanks
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: need help with cat back

for your dx it will not include a test pipe or converter because our cats are in the headers. most catbacks for the ex have only 3 pipes because their cat is in the downpipe (not part of a "catback") and extends back to about directly under the shifter. the dx exhaust systems are physically longer and go all the way up the right underneath the engine.

btw the tenrai catback has a great sound and is stainless steel. i have it and recommend it for any budget exhaust setup. also i recomend getting a set of headers (mine are megan racing headers for the dx) and they give it a nice sound, especially when paired with a catback.
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

and for some reason i cant find it on ebay anymore but heres the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350503365479...#ht_2785wt_841

im sure if you send them a message they have them in stock and u can purchase directly or they will throw it back up for sale and u buy like normal.
Old 12-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Generally speaking, people start a thread about buying an ebay exhaust, then once it's been installed for a couple weeks start a thread about changing the sound. You will see absolutely no gains with an exhaust on a d17, maybe 1whp if you're lucky, meaning it's only purpose is sound. Since an ebay exhaust sounds like obnoxious ****, there's not much benefit.
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

mine sounds really good. lol have you seen my sound clip?
Old 12-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No, I haven't, hook me up with a link.

There are a bunch of designs sold by different vendors on ebay, all using slightly different alloys in each batch of exhausts, which contributes to the sound. All the ones I've heard were rice as hell, if yours sounds good, that would be very positive news..
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1106& transactionid=1323341268-687398189&posted_by=pwnsauce_www.civicforums.com&y outube_video_id=2twhBE5bIu0[/autostream]

mines the tenrai exhaust. i guess its pretty popular on integras but i havent seen any other em2s with it. 2" piping 4" tip all stainless and the guy at the shop said the welds and material looked good quality when he welded my cat in.

the video isnt really long...since it was like 3 am lol but ive been wantin to get a longer one done, maybe tomorrow ill get it done.
Old 12-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

That's the best sounding budget exhaust I've heard
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

its no apexi ws2 but its nice considering it was ~$180 after shipping lol

LOL at least it doesnt sound like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWOEV...eature=related
Old 12-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
urgirlsnortzblo is an unknown quantity at this point

so if i buy an EX cat back it wont fit on my DX?
Old 12-10-2011
Registered!!

nope. u need either a dx/lx catback or an ex catback WITH ex headers and downpipe. and an o2 sensor extension. its much less of a hassle just to get a dx catback