Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Flywheel Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Flywheel Questions...

Hey everyone, I was hoping to hear about which types of flywheels everyone here has, as well as what different types are made for our cars. My transmission recently blew up and I plan on getting a new flywheel while i'm at it.

The one's I know of are as follows
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/a...ywheel/600115/
http://www.speedtechnique.com/kaiten...s-p-24394.html
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...y=OrderItemAdd

I've searched around both online and on this site, and there doesn't seem to be all that much information...
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
u cant go wrong wit ACT...flywheel or clutch...
Old 11-12-2006
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my act prolite. Driveability does not go down the drain with this flywheel like most would say. Had mine for over a year now.
Old 11-12-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
uh... read the FYI in my sig.. i put it up a while ago.. i think it needs to be made into a sticky
Old 11-13-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
ive got a 7lb Fidanza fly wheel. and i love it. a lot of ppl will tell you that start and stop driving in a bitch iwht one that light, but ive had no problems with it. only thing u gotta go is rev up slightly when you start out or it will bog out. but that only takes about the first do to get used to.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xproductionz
uh... read the FYI in my sig.. i put it up a while ago.. i think it needs to be made into a sticky
I saw that in my searching great post btw, I was more looking for people who have actually tried different flywheels in there car, and could comment on which one's they preferred more. I understand the concept behind it, just have never seen any numbers applied to it.

Also if anyone has used the
Kaiten Flywheel, or the Unorthodox Racing Flywheel.
Old 11-13-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Fidanza for the win in my oppinion.

they have great customer service too!

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 11-13-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

I ended up getting a fidanza off ebay for 158 shipped.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
As others have gave their reviews of what they thought please comment after install. Debating on if I should invest in this down the road or just keep the stock flywheel and get a stronger clutch.
Old 11-13-2006

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
aftermarket clutch ron^

youll love it!!!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh by the way 02blkcivic, definite increase in HP after the cam. I can actually feel vtec kick in now. Not like a B series but it def pulls harder. I guess it took a while for the PCM to adjust. Wish you lived closer I'd love to tear up the highway with you. Sorry to get off topic good luck with the flywheel Renamazazo.
Old 11-13-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Originally Posted by Renamazazo
I saw that in my searching great post btw, I was more looking for people who have actually tried different flywheels in there car, and could comment on which one's they preferred more. I understand the concept behind it, just have never seen any numbers applied to it.

Also if anyone has used the
Kaiten Flywheel, or the Unorthodox Racing Flywheel.
actually i guess i should have implied more what i meant by that.. lol..

anyways as for flywheel you will get mixed reactions to the whole lite vs stock and so forth... cause i have had both in my car before.... i have had the lite.. it was good if you were constantly on the gas.. meaning.. your revs go up really fast.. and the down side.. it comes down just as fast.. your rpms dont stay up as high as you want it to be.. not good for stop go traffic cause you gotta rev higher than normal or else your gonna die... done it tons of times..... its especially good for power-shifting cause it keeps the power band up there and the motor doesnt need as much power to spin the lite flywheel...IMO if you plan to go all motor then go with lite..if your planning to not do so much to your car or even go turbo then stick with stock or stock-aftermarket. I say turbo also because u dont want to drop out of boost as quick.. just my opinion.. others might say different
Old 11-14-2006

Great advice!^

Hey ron have you hit the dyno again?

Or you still repping the 101 whp?
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

I have not hit the dyno again but I can guarantee you I have more than 107whp. The car just feels much stronger from when I first had the cam installed. I had to readjust the valves bc we set them to the factory specs and not the CROWER Specs!! Idiot me, but the idle is a lil smoother now and afr's are spot on. I don't want to hit the dyno again until I get a cam gear at least. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-14-2006

Cool im definitally geting the stage 2 cam aswell for sure!

Ill keep you posted watch the board!
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Oh also, I don't know if you saw my other thread about top speed in 3rd gear. Could see where you max out in 3rd gear on your factory cam? Ppl think I'm nuts bc I max out at 90mph now after the cam. If you are able to do this after the cam then IT'S NOT JUST ME. I know my gears didn't get longer but something is up with the increased power and perhaps tad higher redline with the valve springs I have no idea.
Old 11-14-2006

wo wo wo ron.

you telling me you shift at 7000 RPMS in 3rd gear and your at 90 MPH???

Is that what you telling me?

If so at lunch ill go hit the freeway and max out my 3rd gear with the 7lbs flywheel.

Well mabe not at lunch my new tranny is installed by tomarrow. So ill max out 3rd in the new tranny by tomarrow. See how fast I can go in 3rd...
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Not 7000, whenever the rev limiter quicks in which is somewhere between 7200-7500. I don't do this often I just wanted to see how much power I could gain at redline since we can't remove it w/o EMS.
Old 11-14-2006

Its 69982 on my vafc2.

I can record data with it.

that is the number i hit my rev limiter...

trust me its not past 7000 RPMS.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Ya, I remember reading the factory tach is off at higher rpms. Either way let me know.
Old 11-14-2006

I do it at lunch with the shitty tranny & once again with the new one.

& also with the cam installed too.

we will see.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
i've shifted exactly at 7000k....its possible. but i'm sure the needle will not be as exact as the vafc2. i dunt mine tryin it too and let u know ron.
Old 11-24-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm pretty sure on my factory cam (but running cai, cat-back, 18" rims) i hit 120-130 km/h at top end of third, but don't quote me on it, could be more or less