Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Reving car from under the hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the rough
Reving car from under the hood?

Does anyone know which part i have to pull or push on in order to rev the car from under the hood (2005 civic non-hatchback)? Pictures would be great if possible.

Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
just tell one of your friends to step on the gas pedal and you will see something moving up and down.
Old 07-12-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
OMG! BEST THREAD EVER!

What you want to move is called the throttle. pics!

Where the intake begins (That silver tube thingy) there is a little part underneath it that has cables attached to it. It should rotate down.
Old 07-12-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
omg wow. theres a cable near something called the intakeits (near the throttle body) the cable is the throttle cable. there you will move it one way and hear the motor reving.
Old 07-12-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Just turn the throttle rotor, its on the back of the TB.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
please close the hood and step away from the car now.
Old 07-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pbfoot
agreed
Old 07-12-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
if you need to ask this question, then i need to ask you....why?
Old 07-12-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
probably so he can hear the roar of his intake
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

lmao....he probably just have his stock intake.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
maybe he's cleaning his throttle body, who knows. just cause he has 13 posts doesnt mean he's totally new to cars
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.keveney.com/otto.html I just figured you would want to see how your engine works. Seeing as how the fuel is air+petrol you can follow the air intake to the valve(throttle) that lets air in to the engine.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ashtonp
maybe he's cleaning his throttle body, who knows. just cause he has 13 posts doesnt mean he's totally new to cars
are you joking? if he knew what a throttle body was, or how to clean it, he would know what to "push or pull" to rev the engine.

Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
ibtl. you shouldn't be driving.
Old 07-12-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
actually made me lol
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if you need to ask this question, then i need to ask you....why?
so he can feel cool knowing that he revd his car from under his hood... cuz that's how i feel when i do it???
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

^^^ word.

thats the cool thing to do now a days. lol
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
ibtl. you shouldn't be driving.

he can drive just. just dont ever pop the hood again.

IBTL.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
You guys act as if this is something everyone knows from the day they're born. Everyone has to learn sometime, give the guy a break.
Old 07-13-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
Indeed. Let him learn. I've seen stupider questions. I mean..come on...we've all seen the 4 lug universal into a 5 lug question...cut him some slack.

Don't stick your hand in anything that's moving at least.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gh0st
Don't stick your hand in anything that's moving at least.
I hope everyone knows that

I just search for the wire near the TB and follow it to the thingy that moves...to put it in simple terms, lol.
Old 07-14-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
are you joking? if he knew what a throttle body was, or how to clean it, he would know what to "push or pull" to rev the engine.

i said "maybe"...."If" he knew what it was he wouldnt ask the question, but maybe he doesn't and he's trying to learn. Everyone is flaming him for asking this question, assuming that there's no purpose to revving the car from under the hood. Thats why I said "maybe" he's cleaning his throttle body, maybe he's not.

As someone stated earlier in this post, no one was born knowing this stuff. So to answer your question, no, Im not joking, "maybe" he's cleaning his throttle body or trying to serve some other purpose.
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

Jasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the rough
I just caught up on all these posts....for all you haters, I dont play with my all day, nor do I get people to play with it with me; therefore, I wouldn't be able to push the accelerator and look for movement under the hood at the same time. Also, for the person who said I probably have a stock intake...actually, I have the AEM V2 intake, and a Skunk2 Megapower catback exhaust, factory aero kit, and for the record, a stereo system worth over $6000 (just to mention the main things). The reason I asked the question was because I wanted to hear my intake from the front, and see how much it moved around.

Thanks to the people who understand why I asked the question...and to all you haters, I don't want to get in trouble for swearing, but go find something better to do than hating on people who aren't car mechanics like yourselves.
Old 07-25-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
+rep. Well said. (wow I just got him from 1 gray dot to 2 green ones!)
Old 07-25-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
^ + rep for giving him + rep. Haha. I was feeling nice. *shrug*

Jasdip got to 3 green dots with one of mine too!
Old 07-25-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. repped back.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the +rep guys, I did it back for both....green dots are better than gray lol
Old 07-28-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
OMG let me get in on the rep fest! Did the pic I posted earlier help any?
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Ya it helped, using that I figured out where it was...Thanks a lot!

I tried to +rep you, but it said i gave out too much in the last 24 hours :| lol I will later.
Old 07-28-2006

Yeah, it's pretty much 3-4 reps per day I think...Not sure. I'm so glad I bought unlimted rep.

Quick Reply: Reving car from under the hood?