Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Looking at intakes...searched but didn't get what I wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Looking at intakes...searched but didn't get what I wanted.

Ok...so I'm looking into intakes for my car and I've decided to go with a SRI just so I don't even have to think about hydrolock while at school.

I've read mix reviews on the K&N Typhoon but I'm leaning towards it because its a brand I know and have heard good things about it for our car.

Also saw the Ingen SRI that looked good but kinda iffy bout it.

What intake would your recommend...just want something simple, not eBay, and will last since it'll be making long trips to school. So basically will the Typhoon work for me?
Old 07-11-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
you've been here long enough to know what everyone is about to tell you to do... one word... starts with an "s" and ends in an "earch"...
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
if youre going for an SRI get the K&N fipk2. aem and injen are fine also. they're all about the same though.
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Rennen... if you havent noticed he said he already searched for the answer that he was looking for.

anyways...you should know by now a intake is just an intake on our cars. not much power gain at all. i have the AEM short ram and i love it. fits good, sounds good, works good.

the typhoon intake you looking at is good too. gearbox had it and he said it gave him more torque and about 1 or 2 hp on top end.

now gearbox is running the weapon R short ram. i think its called the secret weapon R intake or something. i dont know. but PM him about it. he can tell you a lot of stuff about intakes since he went through them all.

the injen short ram IMO is just like the AEM. except it looks different under the hood. i dont know...its really your choice.
Old 07-11-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I heart my Injen. With the D17, any intake you buy is pretty much going to be for looks, because between all of them, they all give around the same gains.
Old 07-11-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
hey look what i found with 2 seconds of searching!!!
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...te+your+intake
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
didnt really like the k&n typhoon b.c it was way too loud for me and even at cruising speeds it was obnoxious...yeesh. it was a good intake, dont get me wrong, it had some great power over stock but just was way too loud. gonna b gettin the weapon-r secret intake and see how that is.
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
It shouldn't be too loud that I hear it over my radio right? I might look into the weapon-r tho...

I found that Rate your intake thread and like I said...I didn't find what I wanted, responses like crazyasain's helps me.
Old 07-11-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
The Injen is pretty loud on acceleration. At cruising speed I can't even hear it.
Old 07-11-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
SRI: AEM V2, Weapon R SW, K&N FIPK.
I had AEM V2, didnt disappoint me.
Old 07-11-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
weapon r was the only one that made a gain in horsepower..even tho it wasnt that much
Old 07-11-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i tried about all intakes and weapon-r secret is the winner.

Old 07-11-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
you had to move your fuse box to make it fit right?
Old 07-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're all a filter on a stick. The stick is more or less the same, the difference is the filter. If its a K&N filter (or the AEM/Injen rebranded one) it'll work. Pass on ebay filters.
In all honesty, just leave it alone... you gain .000001 HP for 200 bucks. The only intake I ever found to be useful in gaining power is the one clamped to my turbo, but I don't think its the intake making the difference.
Old 07-11-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no i did not need to move the fuse box. and yea boiler is right, filter makes a big difference especially the WR SW1.
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

I'm prolly just gonna get the K&N since its a lil cheaper then the Ingen and I like their filters.

The main reason why I'm getting an intake is just to change to look under the hood and the screw hole I cracked the first time I took the air box apart
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep it stock! yeah, it might be cool for a bit, but it doesnt make the car faster, costs way to much. And how often do you show off your engine?? An intake isnt that impressive anyways.
Old 07-12-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
I have the AEM v2 and I have not had a complaint about it yet
Old 07-12-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Intakesss

I've had all the AEM Intakes lol. My fav was the AEM CAI.. course i modified mine to kinda bend more under the battery (heated) anyways. the cai was the intake i felt the most power IMO. but now i have the V2 because I'm in NW jersey and when it rains in this boondock town.. IT RAINS.. anyways enough bs'in lol

AEM SRI was good
AEM CAI was awesome because when you got up to 4000 rpm it roared like a B16 (you know what i mean 7th genners)
AEM V2... LOUD no TQ and AEM says 5.5 hp?

Like that guy said.. just a filter on a pipe <stick>. Ive heard the Injen guys like there intakes, the AEM SRI is the cheapest and remember there is more tq with the stock airbox.. sh*t i ramble

oh and about the filter part. K&N filters BLAH AEM DRYFLO

Last edited by cwo715; 07-12-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
It shouldn't be too loud that I hear it over my radio right? I might look into the weapon-r tho...

I found that Rate your intake thread and like I said...I didn't find what I wanted, responses like crazyasain's helps me.
well u can def hear yer radio if u crank it up but not like blasting but you can still hear it even at cruising over yer radio.
Old 07-12-2006
Premium Member

the weapon-r is the best cause especially in cold weather at heavy throttle, you can hear a sucking noise that sounds like a turbo when switching gears and at lower rpm like under 4k you can still hear the engine. very quiet intake unless you really beat it.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

damn i cant wait to get mine and get it on....gonna b here next week...thats way too long for me. o well its gonna b worth it.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

Shonuff is an unknown quantity at this point
That weapon R secret looks like what I am after. I like how it is not just a elbow bend over the tb. I have a tb spacer and it made my injen sri hit the hood until I shaved some of the tubing off.
Old 07-13-2006
Premium Member

dont forget to oil it before install... and you might need to extend the temp sensor wires. maybe.

this is what makes the intake. grooved interior above the throttle body to make the air turbulent for better fuel mix, but the pipe from the filter is smooth for faster air flow. throttle response with this intake is like no other. it actually puts you back in the seat if you mash the gas from a stop. then the filter, which has a cad bench tested velocity stack. the filter is beefy, it outflows an open pipe and puts K&N to shame for filtration.

Last edited by gearbox; 07-13-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

does the cleaner kit tell u how to clean it? i never ever done this before so i dont want to screw up a brand new good filter. sorry for the thread jack.
Old 07-13-2006
Premium Member

brand new filter, all you do is put the oil on. there should be enough to cover the whole surface front AND back. yes both sides. it is very sticky oil so you can tell if there is enough. dont be afraid to put alot on, it will stick and not get sucked into the engine. ive had mine a year now, it looks a bit dirty but still can feel the oil on it if you touch it.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

twinbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox, I have never seen such a clean engine bay. By clean i mean no dust or grime. What is your secret?
Old 07-13-2006
Premium Member

just clean it when you wash the car i guess. i only really go nuts every few months with metal polish and qtips. just gotta put in the time. its still very dirty in other places, but from above its mostly clean.
Old 07-13-2006

did you have to move you fuse box to make it fit?
Old 07-14-2006
Premium Member

nope, fuse box was fine. i moved it so the top of the filter had more air from the side, and to put the hvs where the box was. not that its hard to move the box down on top of the trans, but it isnt necessary.

Quick Reply: Looking at intakes...searched but didn't get what I wanted.