Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Strange taillights and some folding mirrors for the Coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Strange taillights and some folding mirrors for the Coupe...

As I was looking through the international Honda sites looking for strange models I came across Germany's Honda site... http://www.honda.de/ [EDIT!]
Just out of curiosity I click to see the Civic Coupé (much sexier than just saying Coupe... ) and... whoa, wtf?

They have some strange, non-American taillights (I've heard some people saying red and white only makes it look American-ish, but I don't care, I like 'em the way they are! That's called USDM...)
Some pics of the taillights (plus the bumper with a red reflector!):

Close-up:

After a little while I noticed something even stranger...
Folding mirrors. Now THAT'S something I want...
Although it would be nice if they were like the JDM ones, powerfolding. Just a thought.
Here's some pics.

What do you guys think of these non-USDM things?
I think they're sexy...

Oh! Just noticed... are the headlights clear? I'm not that used to noticing that... (yes, the bulbs aren't but the headlight's corner thing looks non-amberish...)

Last edited by ramcosca; 10-05-2005 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Title was messed up...
Old 10-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
dont forget the factory sidemarkers...i want a set of those tails and mirrors but for mirrors im gonna get jdm powerfolding dc2 mirrors for my car
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

winnerpl is an unknown quantity at this point
I know in Europe that you cannot have red turn signals in the rear, so that's why the tails a bit different.
Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
dont forget the factory sidemarkers...i want a set of those tails and mirrors but for mirrors im gonna get jdm powerfolding dc2 mirrors for my car
Can you post some pics of the DC2 mirrors?
Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by winnerpl
I know in Europe that you cannot have red turn signals in the rear, so that's why the tails a bit different.
Oh, I see.
Eurpoe has some strict rules when it comes to cars.
If you notice new European cars... they come with a longer nose.
It's for helping reduce killing people walking on roads ...
Old 10-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
here is a pic of the jdm dc2 mirrors...they look like stock dc2 but they power fold and are heated and they fit on our 7th gens with just a little bit of drilling cuz the side plastic fits

Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

here is a pic of the jdm dc2 mirrors...they look like stock dc2 but they power fold and are heated and they fit on our 7th gens with just a little bit of drilling cuz the side plastic fits
Heat is optional or obligatory?
Doesn't snow that much here in the Caribbean, you know..
Old 10-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

doesnt snow much here in socal either... haha...but thats how they come...u can wire them up to be heated or u can just leave those unattatched and just wire it to the fold switch
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
whats the point of that reflector in the bumper?
Old 10-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
hahah jk, yeah the other coupes have some nicer features than ours.
Old 10-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

Originally Posted by sweeteli99
whats the point of that reflector in the bumper?

the reflector is for foggy conditions...in europe it tends to get really foggy all the time and its hard to see anything above 3 feet from the ground...thats why "fog" lights are placed low and yellow is a peircing color so it also is a welcomed choice
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Heat is optional or obligatory?
Doesn't snow that much here in the Caribbean, you know..
I find my heated mirrors work the best in the rain, they dry off all those beads of water and give me a better view.
Old 10-04-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
old news
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

Zeppelin8778 is an unknown quantity at this point
cleared corners were the very first thing i noticed... god damn i wanna clear mine.
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

ELaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
I still like my 1.7EL - CDM (Canadian Domestic Market)... hehe ... I bought mine in December of 2000, when the 7thgen first came out. Back then it was only slightly more than the fully loaded civic - and had the american EX (127hp) engine. Back then if you wanted the civic sedan you were stuck with the base (115hp) engine.
Old 10-04-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sidemarkers look terrible, especially on a coupe
Old 10-04-2005
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by acidbaby
old news
Well sorry man, not everyone knows what everybody else knows.
I mean, you DO know that in Puerto Rico we had no gasoline for 2 days right, because of a strike?
That's old news... YOU didn't know them.

Last edited by ramcosca; 10-04-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
lol dont be mad!!!
just letting you know...
at least i didnt say REPOST n3wb
Old 10-04-2005
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
My taillights are the best.........

Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

h0nd4_r1c3r_X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
2 things... where do they sell those heated folding electric yummy... ermm jdm mirrors...
also how the heck did ya get those tails transparent up there too?
Old 10-04-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
just so you know

http://www.honda.de/....thats honda germany... not denmark

in germany, germans call their country "deutschland"

i would love to get me some of those tail lights and mirrors...
Old 10-04-2005
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I have connections. That is how I got them.
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
sidemarkers look terrible, especially on a coupe

My side markers are sexy and look better then the dc5 ones .

Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

so they fit coupes with minor modification? can you post pics when your done?
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Oh! Just noticed... are the headlights clear? I'm not that used to noticing that... (yes, the bulbs aren't but the headlight's corner thing looks non-amberish...)

you can just paint the amber piece chrome to match your headlights. Someone on the site has already done it.
Old 10-04-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i was talking about the sidemarkers on that car, not in general. Almost any other one would look better.
Old 10-05-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by LowSky
just so you know

http://www.honda.de/....thats honda germany... not denmark

in germany, germans call their country "deutschland"

i would love to get me some of those tail lights and mirrors...
I was gonna ask about that because I could've sworn .de was german. I have two friends stationed in Germany...hmmm......I wonder.....
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

h0nd4_r1c3r_X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by stinkypie
I was gonna ask about that because I could've sworn .de was german. I have two friends stationed in Germany...hmmm......I wonder.....
wonder for us too
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

xxhonda4lifexx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
the reflector is for foggy conditions...in europe it tends to get really foggy all the time and its hard to see anything above 3 feet from the ground...thats why "fog" lights are placed low and yellow is a peircing color so it also is a welcomed choice
Why isn't the reflector symmetrical?? As is why is there only one?
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

Stephon314 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a set of folding mirrors for coupe in nhbp available for sale. They will directly bolt on and support heated function. (Available in Canada models, and the switch is the only thing you need if you are in U.S.) PM me if anyone is interested in these.

Quick Reply: Strange taillights and some folding mirrors for the Coupe...