Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Vavlez!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vavlez!!

I just thought of this....When you turn your car off, do your vavles in your combustion chamber ever stay open on one side or the other? Like for instance when the cam stops turning does it stop at a certain point or just wherever it wants to?! ITS MIND BOGGLING!
Old 09-19-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
vavles?
Old 09-19-2005
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infinite012
vavles?
yea! vavles, yo!

haha.. sorry.. couldnt help it..
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
yes they would stay open, partly or not..some even full, just depends on when you stop the car.
Old 09-20-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
good question indeed...im gonna ask my autotech prof
Old 09-23-2005
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i know how to spell valves...anywayz isn't that kinda bad if your intake valve stays open, couldnt dust and other foreign materials get into your chamber ?
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
ur TB will be closed.. then your air filter would prevent that if your TB was open neway. The engine does intake dust and other foreign matter while your driving, it gets burned off, the stuffs too small to do ne damage.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
u know whats sick to do with valves and sounds awesome, revv ur engine up around 5k rpm, then shut the car off while revving. im serious, this is cool
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AlienX
yes they would stay open, partly or not..some even full, just depends on when you stop the car.
exactly. they stop where ever. now to put it in basic words, when you go to start the car, when the PCM recieves the correct signals from the cam and crank sensors to the position of the number 1 cylinder, the PCM will go ahead and start sending the correct signals to the correct ignition ignition coil which in turn will start the car. Everything has to be in the correct sequence for the car to start. Thus the reason why vehicles use sensors to determine the position of the cam and crank for proper fuel sequence and proper firing of the cylinders. If the PCM doesnt recieve any signal from those sensors, the PCM wont send any signals to the coils to start the car.

Last edited by streetglower; 09-23-2005 at 01:05 PM.