Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

this has probrably been asked 100 times... sorry

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
this has probrably been asked 100 times... sorry

i dont know if this is the right place to ask... but, streetconcept.com has a boss body kit, i was looking to buy, i have an 05 4 dr sedan, that crappy vp.... but i want to do some nice things to it, make it look more like a man's car, well anyways, they told me it would fit an 04-05 even though it was marked 01-03 now correct me if i am wrong, but arent the 01-03 headlights different from the 04-05? i thought there was some difference between them? also is there anything different between 01-03, and 04-05 in the fenders, such as if i buy 01-03 z3 fenders can i install them direct bolt on on my 05 vp? i am looking to do most of the interior work first then go to outside work, and then the engine.. i will be all show no go for a while, not sure about changing to a v-tec which i think u guys refer to as a k20?

what all can i do to the 1.7litre engine in my vp automatic, that can upgrade it to make it go quicker, i like the sound of the greddy evo 2 exhaust, but most headers, and exhaust is for an ex? doesnt the ex have a 1.7 litre vtec? i know there has to be a difference in the head exhaust ports. i have seen a diy on how to change to vtec, without reflashing your ecu and all... not too bad? but if i change the head over to vtec, does that mean i can run ex exhaust?

thank you for taking the time to read this.. im kind of new to honda and also a 4dr sedan.. so i appreciate your help
Old 06-12-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
01-03 stuff are all interchangeable in the front.
04-05 stuff are interchangeable in the front.

You can't do that fender thing. Try to wait untill one comes out. Or keep looking for one that will directly bolt on to a 04-05.

A K20 does have VTEC, it is the engine inside a RSX/Si/SiR. Most people want the RSX-S engine (which is a manual only).

As far as making an automatic fast, the only thing you'll be able to do is turbo it. A swap costs about the same, but most people that swap have manuals.

Click that scale on my right and give me some rep points for helping you out!
Old 06-12-2005
Registered!!

ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
so basically 01-03 parts wont fit on the front of the 04-05, and instead of a swap i could just do turbo? which would be easier i take it?
Old 06-12-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
As far as easiness goes, it's a lot easier to keep it stock. Look at the Forced Induction section and you'll get a clue on how hard/easy it is.

I have heard though that non-VTEC engines are better for turbo-ing becuase of the lower compression.
Old 07-02-2005
Registered!!

FijiBluePearl is an unknown quantity at this point
the best thing for you to do in the engine would be to get a turbo and the best kit ive seen so far is on truehonda.com for $2995. but if u have a vp then u obviously arent working with a huge budget. but it looks like u want to go for looks anyway, so they have a bomex body kit out for 04,05 and also tsunami makes one.
Old 07-02-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO body kits are crap. they make the car look too...racer ricerish. i think the OEM aero lip kit looks fine. you can get it somewhere for like...880 bucks.
Old 07-03-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
My opinion is that if you are asking these questions then you should not be boosting a car. There are constant issues that need to be adressed with a turbo or pretty much any modified car. However if anyone is going to do it then get the dezod kit hands down. Id say leave the body stock, throw in some nice struts, springs, sway bars, and put on some cheap 17s and go carve some corners. Then you will surely not fit in with the ricer crowd . I really would leave the engine alone for sure. If its and auto and you dont plan on going nuts then just put your money elsewhere for now.