Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Ebay Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ebay Intakes

Hi all, I was going through Ebay and found alot of Air Intakes for our cars at low prices. The shape of the pipes look just an AEM intake. What's the difference ? Anyone using them and have problems ? How do they perform ?

Last edited by GaryC17; 02-24-2005 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you wanna save, get those ebay intakes.
Use those for the pipings,
get an authentic AEM or K&N filter. But make sure the filters fit the piping.
Old 02-24-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
well, if your plan was to get an AEM SRI or Injen SRI, maybe e-bay intakes arent a bad idea.... but it's up to you.... if something breaks, there is no AEM or anybody to back you up.
Old 02-24-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
I have a Bomz or some crap SRI for the winter - it was 20 bucks. It works just as good as an AEM sri; its just bootleg.
Old 02-24-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
just be careful on the bends...there are some ebay ones that sit too high off the intake manifold and you wouldnt be able to get a strut bar in there, and in fact you can barely close the hood with the way some of them are. there are others like the one i bought off of someone on this site that come up off of the intake manifold and then bend downward and they give you plenty of clearance....I dont know how much this one costs off of ebay because I bought it off of someone on this site.
Old 02-24-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
worse than stock
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
worse than stock
agreed
Old 02-24-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I have an ebay cai and it works well. the only issue with my aem cai-replica is that it didn't come with that relocation bracket

I should get a vid of how slow my car pulls haha
Old 02-24-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a EBay short ram. I had a CAI, the CAI sucked (AEM) and my short ram works much better. It fits w/any strut bar as well. I have generic strut bar and generic intake. Both of them work pretty well. The intake sounds loud, mean, and sort of ricey at the same time. But works better than name brands.

If anybody wants to buy it, Ill have to get rid of it next week, so let me know. 15 plus shipping (maybe 15 bucks) comes in original box (not crappy generic box has company logo and psoduct #) with instructions with pictures. By far the clearest instructions anybody has ever given for anything ever. Not that you need them

Between how many times I raced my friend before and after this intake, and stock airbox, this intake definately works. My car pulls slightly ahead of his by like a few feet, and his used to pull slightly ahead of mine the same way, but it switched. So its good for a few horses, it made the difference in those races. I swear we raced at leat 20 times before and 20 after.
Old 02-24-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the ebay intake too..
doesn't do much to me and don't hear any sound at all...
but kinda look cool with the intake
oh well, it's like people from the magazine ads trying to charge you $20 for the boost...
Old 02-24-2005
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
buy mine!
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
I'm selling my AEM SRI for cheap check out the link on my sig.
Old 02-24-2005
You cant spell CRAP without APC

MarylandEcstasy is an unknown quantity at this point
you get what you paid for mayn dont buy cheap your car is like your 2nd girlfriend. would you buy her a cheap ring from the 10 cent toy dispensers at giant..noOoo
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
these no brand intakes from ebay or where ever probably is same or worse then stock intake. you get what you pay for. spend your money on a good name brand product. AEM intakes, injen, weaponr R, K&N. these all are good intakes. dont buy them cheap no brand intakes. they suck.
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

y.e.c.r. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MarylandEcstasy
you get what you paid for mayn dont buy cheap your car is like your 2nd girlfriend. would you buy her a cheap ring from the 10 cent toy dispensers at giant..noOoo
Why yes I certainly would! Haha jk. I have an AEM sri and eh, it's just ok. I think supposedly the cheap-o crap-o intakes actually hurt you though. Since intakes aren't THOUSANDS of dollars or anything, just go for a good one.
Old 02-24-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by y.e.c.r.
Why yes I certainly would! Haha jk. I have an AEM sri and eh, it's just ok. I think supposedly the cheap-o crap-o intakes actually hurt you though. Since intakes aren't THOUSANDS of dollars or anything, just go for a good one.
You, sir, have NO idea what you are talking about. It is a filter on a stick, get the cheapest one you can.
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xX03EXx
You, sir, have NO idea what you are talking about. It is a filter on a stick, get the cheapest one you can.
haha...lets supe up our cars...ghetto style!!
Old 02-24-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
ummm guys? Iceman.
Old 02-24-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
carb is nice depending were you live
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

Ashock is an unknown quantity at this point
just get the right piping and pop on a K&N Filter. That'll work best.
Old 02-25-2005
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
they do just as little as a brand name intake.. some of them dont fit.. some sound all sorts of "tinny".. i have one.. gave it a few coats of paint and cut 1/2 an inch off the bottom to make it fit a lil better.. it makes a nice sound at 2500-3800rps... thats about it...
well.. and it freed up a LOT of space
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
pretty much paying for quality/fitment/gaurantee?

ebay intake route possibilties:
-missing various random pieces due to lack of craftsman ship and eBay seller
-installation would be more "difficult" (ig o2 sensor doesnt reach far enough, filter is too big and touches battery, etc etc) not direct fitment as AEM/Injen and other reptuable companies
-quality of filter, piping , misc isnt as great as AEM/Injen
-no warranty or refund?
-"as is"

investing $80+- more:
-guaranteed direct fitment (as long app. of vehicle is correct)
-comes with ALL necessary pieces/parts for complete install
-quality of filter, piping, etc more durable
-if any prob occurs, talk to AEM/Injen or whomever you bought intake from, they'll give you customer service and help you solve your prob. (AEM provided me with free hoses cause i had trouble fitting the ones they gave me, so then sent them out for free without ship cost)
-comes with instructions?
-wont be nervous driving around thinking if your intake will fail on ya lol
+more
Old 02-25-2005
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
if you need instructions for an intake.. you should not be doing ANYTHING to yer car.. i mean.. 3 clamps, 1 filter, 1 pipe, 1 gasket thing... how can you screw that up...
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
people need them as reference. i know i did.

some forget to d/c battery, some forget AIT sensor, etc etc.

its true. i read those threads where people were getting cel and misc lights on there dashboard cause they simply didnt follow instructions or never received them.
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
it took me 4 hours to install my first cai. AEM. There instructions left out a lot of important pics. The hardest part is taking off the stock air box. The stupid transmission mount pissed me off.

I have right now a k&n typhoon sri for my k20. It cost me 60 bucks from ebay and does the job for now but with k series motor, CAI is like 10 more hp so i will be getting either injen or AEM CAI soon, but the d17 will not gain a considerable amount of power from any particular intake. Just like againifall said, paint up nice and your set.
Old 02-25-2005
Registered!!

y.e.c.r. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xX03EXx
Well, this HAS been discussed in other topics, and according to some members/mods, the "stick" you're referring to is different from a brand name "stick". As in, the brand name stick actually helps you because of the exact places/ways it's bent, and the ebay stick actually hurts you cause it's just a crap stick. No I haven't tried it out, no I don't actually know from personal experience, but I was just giving a heads up.
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

dadawads is an unknown quantity at this point
Replaced ebay intake with AEM V2

After using an ebay intake for 6+ months, I replaced it with an AEM V2. The V2 was way better. Better sounds, and noticeably better power.
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

its gonna be hard to claim better improvements in power wise when discussing intakes. put it this way, when investing into a more exspensive intake, you are paying for fitment, quality, looks, sound, and warranty. (sometimes customer service)
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
So end of the day, is it a go or no go for an Ebay intake ?
Old 03-01-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
ebay intake = garbage

Quick Reply: Ebay Intakes