Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Grounding Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
Grounding Kits

Now, before I start, i know there will be plenty of skeptics out there saying things like "it's the placebo effect" or "your full of ****" etc. Unfortunately, it's not bullshit. I put on a Grounding Kit from a guy here in Edmonton who makes "application specific" kits for pretty much any type of vehicle. I got him to make me one for my LX sedan and the results, awesome! My throttle response was tighter, revving up to 6K was smooth, going through the gears was a smooth progression. The powerband wasn't jumpy or chattering. I got my car up to 170 km/hr and before I put the kit in, my engine was rough. Now it is smooth sailin'! Best part, no warranty problems. Say what you want, but I am a believer. This **** works. For under 200 bucks it was worth it. I feel that you should all try it out yourself. He has many satisfied people and dealerships to boot that rave about his kits. If you want more info PM me.
Old 08-15-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Cars run off electronics, so grounding will improve everything that makes the car go basically. I got a $30 kit and grounded some stuff. At first it's noticable, but now it feels like nothing. It helps I'm sure, just not a huge gain.
Old 08-16-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Grounding Kits post gearbox u got to be sick of telling peeps the same ****.... But sept4th will we see cake ????
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just noticed the engine sound was quieter after I was done grounding mine out. Didn't notice any gain though.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

DexMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a pic of your engine with the ground kit? Like most mod, you get use it after a while.
Old 08-16-2004
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
what i dont get is whats really the difference between some 20-40 grounding wires, and those HKS circle earth systems. they both do the same thing right? ground ur car. so why the big price difference? just brand name or somethin?
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

HELP_ME is an unknown quantity at this point
personally... I got the ground kit just for the look...
Old 08-16-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Brand name is the price difference. I have all my wires tied to the battery, which is actually better than the circle earth HKS one (which ties all of them to a central ground on the car body). The negative battery term is the ultimate ground point for everything on the car. I did not get mine for looks, as it's all black. Blends in real nice.
Old 08-16-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i made my own grounds out of 4 gauge and some good terminals. total cost $15. It's the same effect as all those other high priced kits. the only reason i did it was because i realized my amp was running off of 4 gauge, but the ground coming off my battery was 8 gauge...so i decided to balance it out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/DSC00005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/DSC00004.jpg
Old 08-16-2004

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
I will try and get a pic up here this week
Old 08-16-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
hmm, this makes me want to get a grounding kit for the ol' vic
Old 08-16-2004
Premium Member

http://www.sunautomobile.com/

Old 08-16-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox

haha, I get 34 mpg now.. if i got that, I wonder if i would still see the 12% increase..
Old 08-16-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
sorry, but 12% increase in gas milage off of some ground wires is probably the biggest crock of **** i have ever heard. Matter of fact, i highly doubt you get any noticable increase in performance with grounds. It just helps balance out the polarity distribution of your electrical system.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Graphicdude
My throttle response was tighter, revving up to 6K was smooth, going through the gears was a smooth progression. The powerband wasn't jumpy or chattering.

im one of the skeptics. on our cars at least, which have all new wiring.

my throttle response is already tight, revving up to 6k is always smoooth, every single time. going thru gears, wtf? you tryin to say grounding improved shifting? my powerband is smooth the whole way thru with no jumping or chattering.. i still think grounding kits are a bunch of damn bs. my car is 100% stock btw
Old 08-16-2004
Premium Member

I gained 2-3mpg when I first installed a hyper voltage system with ground wires.

Old 08-17-2004
The Rizing Sun

how much was that hyper voltage sys?
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

$185 shipped
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang that's expensive .
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

show me a real dyno before and after and ill believe it, not propaganda from the manufacturer
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

It's not a huge mod to be doing a dyno with. At most a few hp and a stable electrical system, which is worth it to me. I used to have alot of electrical problems like dimming and stuff that were fixed by that box.
Old 08-17-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
It's not a huge mod to be doing a dyno with. At most a few hp and a stable electrical system, which is worth it to me. I used to have alot of electrical problems like dimming and stuff that were fixed by that box.
same here. I wouldn't dyno for just that. I had the same issues and they're all corrected now. I'm quite pleased.

I have recently considered the Apexi kit just for the looks of the block and the fact it's back lit but I dunno. It's only got 3 contacts from what I can see and mine has 5 plus the chassis
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

Just get the hyper voltage system like I have. It just hooks to the battery + and - terminals. You keep your own ground wires. Same thing.
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

i have a very very hard time believing that your oem wiring caused your headlamps to dim. when are we talking about? dim 24/7? theres hundreds of thousands of civics on the road.. all their lights look fine to me.. i guess they all must have these great wiring kits.. which you could diy for about $10..
Old 08-17-2004
Don't Listen To What Anyone Says, It's Ok To Be Jealous

DrivenConcepts should not be trusted
i wish i can afford one
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

I should have been more specific. The dimming occurs when accessories are used like radio, power windows, etc. The HVS acts like a capacitor to stabilize voltage flow, which is good for all the electronic components on the car. May even make the car run better, since as we all know the spark plugs use electricity to fire.
Old 08-17-2004

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
yea.. not all civics have punding subs in there cars.. like in my car.. when the bass hits at night when im driving u can see the lights diming.. which is why the maek capacitors for sound systems.. works pretty much the same way the hyper kit is but mainly used for the amp to draw its power from instead of the battery
Old 08-17-2004
The Rizing Sun

Originally Posted by xproductionz
yea.. not all civics have punding subs in there cars.. like in my car.. when the bass hits at night when im driving u can see the lights diming..

hahah thats awesome, ur own automatic headlight dimmer to match with the beat of the song
Old 08-19-2004

Originally Posted by ctx66
im one of the skeptics. on our cars at least, which have all new wiring.

my throttle response is already tight, revving up to 6k is always smoooth, every single time. going thru gears, wtf? you tryin to say grounding improved shifting? my powerband is smooth the whole way thru with no jumping or chattering.. i still think grounding kits are a bunch of damn bs. my car is 100% stock btw
Well Buddy, i am sorry that you are so cynical about them. On MY STOCK ride, I was having issues with electrical when I had my air conditioning on, radio blasting and cruising at 110 km/hr. That problem is gone now. Also, when i stated "going thru the gears" I meant that I had a few wierd, unexplainable occurances where the power would kick in at certain rpms through each gear. THAT is all gone now. I understand that every civic out there is going to be slightly different and people are going to run into problems that maybe you or I will never have to deal with, get that straight. You can believe what you want but on MY STOCK ride it did some good.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

davidoff1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've just install the grounding kit n HVS...... it was a pain to remove the stock air intake box.... after installing i found out the engine is stronger and the second gear pulls harder....... but i dont see the headlights any brighter... when i open or close my window the headlight still dim a little........ is that normal?? or maybe i didnt install the wire correctly......
i have a question.... after installing the kit.... when i put back the stock intake.... it goes in almost in the throttle body but there is still a slight gap not tight.... will it cause problems??

Quick Reply: Grounding Kits