Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Installed V2 today

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installed V2 today

Hey guys, I just put my AEM v2 intake on and it sounds Awsome. I can def tell I diffrence throught the whole powerband(3-4hp). And now I can finnaly hear vtec kick in! haha just thought Id share it with u guys. BTW I cant even hear my greddy evo ne more....
Old 07-31-2004
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like it has a big lawn mower engine in it instead of a little lawn mower engine, doesn't it. I love the way mine sounds, too.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have AEM cold air inake and I love it
Old 07-31-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
haha I installed a V2 today too on my ride complete with slide and everything. I think Im going to take it to the coast of france and test it out. The germans I bought it from say it can cross channel crazy eh?
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light

Injen
Old 07-31-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds great actually.
Old 07-31-2004
bel
Registered!!

bel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Congrats!!! i envy ur intake system bro!!! up here in Indiana, the only logical intake to install is da four season short ram!!! undefined
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DVnAFI
It sounds great actually.
your just jealous cause people dont ask you if you have a turbo when they hear your intake, like people do with the Injen Race Division CAI in their civics... i get it all the time, and so do other members on this site too.... search its been posted...

I have yet to this day seen a reason as to why the V2 is sooooo much better then their original intake for the d17

Injen
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

i am not hating on your all cars i am just stating how i feel about AEM..

Injen

Last edited by injencivic; 07-31-2004 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

yeah, edit that you...you...you...YOU!!!
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

^^^ haha

You know you love me

Injen
Old 07-31-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bel
Congrats!!! i envy ur intake system bro!!! up here in Indiana, the only logical intake to install is da four season short ram!!! undefined
actually the V2 is a short ram intake. so yeah.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

Well i dunno about injen this is the only intake I have ever put on my civic. I havent see any real dyno's testing out all the intaks on 7thgen civic. Unless there are some I havent seen?
Old 07-31-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
v2 is cool but how can you tell its 3to4 hp something that small of an increase wouldnt be noticeable

Last edited by ledbelly; 07-31-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

well i can def notice something and i know that it is not like a 10hp increase so i Assume that it would be a 3-4hp increase becuse you really cant expect much more than that from an intake. Who knows mayb its a 5-8hp increase. You will never know until you dyno it. You know what Im saying...
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet it's a 1-2hp increase. You're going faster in your head because it's louder and "you can hear VTEC kick in".
Old 07-31-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by injencivic
your just jealous cause people dont ask you if you have a turbo when they hear your intake, like people do with the Injen Race Division CAI in their civics... i get it all the time, and so do other members on this site too.... search its been posted...

I have yet to this day seen a reason as to why the V2 is sooooo much better then their original intake for the d17

Injen
Hmm... actually on part throttle, my V2 makes this hissing noise but only at that particular throttle position... from there on it's the usually intake growl until 3/4 throttle
Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Stock is better. What good is more air if the engine still can't flow it any faster?
Old 07-31-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^ damn straight skippy you just paid $100+ per 1 hp
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

actualy i mostly bought mine becuse it sounds cool.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

ELaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox, you're absolutely right. I'd rather spend the several hundred bucks it'd cost to buy an intake on something better. Ya, they sound cool. But I can't justify a 2-3 (maybe 4... oooh)hp boost for all that cash.

Plus, it's been shown that short rams actually reduce torque and hp on our engines. Drop in a K&N filter in your stock airbox, get (maybe) 1-2hp gain, laugh all the way to the bank.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a short ram intake. I probably lost power but it sure as hell sounds good. Id pay money just for the sound
Old 07-31-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
It's a pipe with a filter on the end of it.

Who really cares?
Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah really. And the stock intake stays nice and quiet. There's really no point on our cars. Some of the older hondas with tiny pipe intakes will make a difference, but not this one. I guess if you like a noisy ride, go for it?
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

HoldDaMayo is an unknown quantity at this point
gearbox... can you show me your V2 dyno before and after? thanks...
Old 08-01-2004
Im the man in the box

if you wanna mod your car to where you can REALLY feel it::: swap , turbo ::: should have saved those 250 buckaroos youd be that much closer to one of those
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

HoldDaMayo is an unknown quantity at this point
if you don't plan on spending 4-8 thousand dollars... spending a grand doing intake header, exhaust isn't that bad of an idea... not everyone wants a car that's unreliable and has issues... also, keeping a car smog legal is a nice ability too...
Old 08-01-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

Not everyone wants arroz either. Keep the V2 dude! Sure it has crappy power, but it sounds nice. In the end, its all up to you and its frankly your money.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Short Ram adds to low end and takes away top end....cold air takes away low end and adds top end. think about it...shorter pipe gets air quicker but top end it's pointless, plus it takes in hot air....cold air is a longer pipe so takes a bit for the air to get in but it adds top end...thats what i've always been told
Old 08-01-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
gearbox... can you show me your V2 dyno before and after? thanks...
Believe it or not, gearbox never got a V2, only AEM SRI and K&N FIPK 2

Quick Reply: Installed V2 today