Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Camshaft 03 EX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
The cam at the buttom seems like an old VTEC cam that uses 5 lobes(2 ex, 2 in and 1 mid) since they have 3 rockers on the intake side. D17 only has 2 rockers on the intake. Therefore if we put that into D17, 1st possibility, it may not run and hitting something. 2nd possibility, the car runs at high lobe all the time, causes probably harsh idle and low torque at low end.
Old 03-03-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by sw388integra
i know gude guarantees 17-20 horsepower from the cam
Yea, but Gude absolutely sucks *****. They might have made good applications for other civics, but anyone who has gotten products from them for the D17 has been sorely dissappointed.
Old 03-03-2004

03HondaEx is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what, I like them, they run great, and I haven't had a single problem with them whatsoever...if you wanna dis on them be my guest, but make another thread for it, I don't need to hear this BS
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna call the bs flag on this one! I don't believe you have it, it wouldnt run very well with no other mods. Anywone else feel this way? You need to post some picks of you ride cause I hate to see people buy this product cause of your "kick in the ***" claim?

Adam
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Yeah, I'm calling BS on this too This kid doesn't know what he's talking about, he needs to go to ricer summer school.
Old 03-03-2004
I <3 my Evo

75shot should not be trusted
so are those cams custom for your sr20 in your em2?
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to see a aftermarket cam for our cars...I'm getting a full P&P and it would be nice to have a good cam, retainers and valve springs.
Old 03-03-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
so after i/h/e and i have the dh dual groove pulley(not installed yet), is the next best mod, or new cam in general?
Old 03-03-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Bahh my friend, we have been discussing this. There is no "new" cam out for our cars. Some how this kid managed to get two cams for a D17.....got me on that one. But as far as it is, the camshaft on our cars could use some imporvement for race style driving. Not like it's built like crap, it just can't and won't handle the amount of pressure you can put it through. Go new intake manifold and TB. Then look into the SAFC II if you haven't already.
Old 03-03-2004
Premium Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03HondaEx
You know what, I like them, they run great

Ok are we talking about the company here? Does the company really run that good, well that's nice to hear.....if your talking about the cam shafts.....since when would we have "them" over "it".
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

symmetry is an unknown quantity at this point
the funny thing about this site is that you can post anything good, and it can even be true and then you have 30 fools that jump in and pick your posts apart and call you a liar. oh well, some things never change.
Old 03-03-2004
I <3 my Evo

75shot should not be trusted
Originally posted by symmetry
the funny thing about this site is that you can post anything good, and it can even be true and then you have 30 fools that jump in and pick your posts apart and call you a liar. oh well, some things never change.
that may seem true, but you gotta understand:

back when i joined this site the first time, tons of people were making bullshit claims about parts for their cars, and saying that companies were coming out with parts that werent... even a few times people were convinced into buying a part that didnt exist and they were ripped off by other members.

if you're posting about something in your car, show some proof (and it helps to not have bullshit mods in your profile) if you want people to take you seriously.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally posted by symmetry

Yea, many sceptical 7th gen owners. It all started with a guy named Blackvtec99 im sure people remember him

I have to agree with everyone, that appears to be an intake cam and an exhaust cam for a DOHC .
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems like if he's taking the pic with the valve cover removed and showing some sense of a D17 and 7th gen Vic then nobody will argue with him because we all know about D17 well......
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

czechcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've read alot of trash about gude on here but has anyone on this sight actually ever really had the gude cam?
Old 03-04-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I think there was ONE member who got a regrind from them and said it was not bad.
Just don't ask me who that was cuz I don't remember.
Old 03-04-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by djmota
I think there was ONE member who got a regrind from them and said it was not bad.
Just don't ask me who that was cuz I don't remember.
It was BlackVTAK99 muahahhahhaha
Old 03-04-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
nope I said a "member" sorry but I don't consider him one
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

big_daddy_b_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
just to bring this thread back from its dormant state i'm planning on having crower do a regrind on mine, except i am combing the junk yards for a wreck 7thgen because i don't want to send mine in and have any down time, but i'll let you guys know how it goes within the next few months and i'll take pics of the cam when i pull it out, when i get it back and any paper work they send me to prove its a d17 cam regrind. one question do ya'll think it'll work better with an aem cam gear?
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by big_daddy_b_99
just to bring this thread back from its dormant state i'm planning on having crower do a regrind on mine, except i am combing the junk yards for a wreck 7thgen because i don't want to send mine in and have any down time, but i'll let you guys know how it goes within the next few months and i'll take pics of the cam when i pull it out, when i get it back and any paper work they send me to prove its a d17 cam regrind. one question do ya'll think it'll work better with an aem cam gear?
Possibly, because with the cam gear you can adjust the cam timing better, since you are going aftermarket. Of course, I would only trust a tuner to degree my cam for me, as I don't have the knowledge or tools.....
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

NashVegasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
my cam leaves for Crower with FedEx at 9am tomorrow morning!!! Just got my head back on last Friday ... them valves are shiny!!!
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
What kind of a grind are you getting? I want a turbo grind, but first I need a pnp job to go with that.....It'd be like having vtec on all of the time!
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member

What kinda gains would u be looking at a regrind? I know DH-racing claims 15 ish on their site, but I wanna know the reality of it.
Old 04-20-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by NashVegasEX
my cam leaves for Crower with FedEx at 9am tomorrow morning!!! Just got my head back on last Friday ... them valves are shiny!!!
picts
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I know people with the bullfrog camshaft...well one person...he likes it alot

just cause the GUDE PACKAGE SUCKED doesnt mean the camshaft is gonna suck
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Crower seems to think that 5-10 hp (maybe a few more with the PnP) would be about right ... I just told them I had a daily driver that should be getting close to 200 hp with spray but I didn't want a grind that would give me a rough idle .... It wasnt too much money ($250+shipping) and I mean, I had this camshaft sitting here while my head was being ported and I was waiting on my valves .... why not ?? I'm still waiting on my camgear and I need to find a real cheap VAFC2 in the 1.5 weeks ...

I'll try to take pics of the head but all I have is a crappy webcam so ... we'll see ...
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

BAD QUALITY HEAD PICS - 56k!!!

Stainless Valves

Intake Side

Exhaust Side

Millied 0.020
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

sorry about the crappy pics but... the last one is supposed to say Milled not millied ... BEFORE everyone starts screaming about the size of the exhaust ports, lemme say this .... I showed around the head pics of the DH head that was posted on this site (gearbox's I think) to a few engine builders ... I told them what setup I was running and what I will end up running .... For my non-boosted car, the DH ports were like HUGE!!! 2 out of 3 builders I showed it to said that the bottom end torque must be almost gone on that head ... The third said it looked like a race PnP for a turboed car so ... so I went with a less-agressive port there ... the insides are smooth and look opened way up ... Also, I stayed with stock springs/retainers since the Crower regrind is gonna be a street/strip type grind that isn't very aggressive either ... with the mill and a thinner gasket I should raise compression like .2-.3 ... I just wanna run a 13.99 ... Is that too much to ask???
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

1. Can't see the pics.

2. DId you tell DH you wanted a N/A pnp? I've seen the difference bewteen turbo and n/a pnp and it's pretty noticible.

3. The cam regrind...how much does that take to get tuned and installed?
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

1) I'm looking at the pics right now so I dont know about not seeing them ...I'll try something else ...
2) I had someone else do my PnP... DH Racing's head looked VERY nice but I wanted to go with some1 in town that I could watch do it . . The people I chose built their business doing machine work on big blocks for circle track and drag racing, but have a VERY faithfull following with the Honda/Mitsu crowd here in mid-TN ... (should see the GSR they're building ... drool) ..
3)The cam is a very easy install, but I won't be doing it ... The guy that did my PnP told me to bring back the head when the cam gets in and he'll reinstall the cam ... He also said make sure to get the lift/duration numbers so He will know how much to change my cam timing .....

Quick Reply: Camshaft 03 EX Coupe