Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Has anyone used a Helix Power Tower?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sure you can beat those cars if you have nitrous, I thought that you meant you beat the prelude without spraying...I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like an *******, but I just find everything your trying to tell us is BS.
Old 08-12-2003
Cracka

xtiszx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cwick187
Well, I decided to go to a local performance shop and buy the Helix today. I installed it in less than 10 min. I didn't notice, not one bit of a difference in power. In fact, I didn't notice a difference in the sound....Um, I guess I'll be taking it back unless someone wants to buy it...And it goes to show you how things can go to someones head...I hope this puts alot of things to rest. As far as the mods that I have: AEM CAI, HP racing header with high flow cat, DC TCS cat back, KMS Intake Manifold, pully,s, AEM Cam gear, Apexi VAFC. I still call and I personally know the truth.
glad to see someone else say bs also, and he said he DIDNT spray on the 2000 accord
Old 08-12-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
KaZeLL said:
IronFist---get back to me when your not worried about running on the street little man...I've laid down preluds,accords, and integs...I know what the hell I'm talking about,,,yes i do have manual.....and I will put it to the test...dont tell me about power when your driving an auto..

Whoa, badass. Chill out there for a second. First of all, just because I have an auto doesn't mean I don't know about "power." And secondly, the numbers you put up were wrong, and I called you on that. You are NOT going 80 mph when you shift into 3rd on a 7th gen civic. End of story.

IronFist
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Originally posted by cwick187
Well, I decided to go to a local performance shop and buy the Helix today. I installed it in less than 10 min. I didn't notice, not one bit of a difference in power. In fact, I didn't notice a difference in the sound....Um, I guess I'll be taking it back unless someone wants to buy it...And it goes to show you how things can go to someones head...I hope this puts alot of things to rest. As far as the mods that I have: AEM CAI, HP racing header with high flow cat, DC TCS cat back, KMS Intake Manifold, pully,s, AEM Cam gear, Apexi VAFC. I still call and I personally know the truth.

how bout I say:
"Well, I decided to go to the local chevy dealership and buy a Corvette today. I took her home in less than 10 min. I didn't notice, not one bit of difference compared to my Civic DX. In fact, I didn't notice a difference in the sound....Um, I guess I'll be taking it back unless someone wants to buy it...And it goes to show you how things can go to someones head...I hope this puts alot of things to rest. "

Originally posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
jeez I hate it when kiddies try to prove seomeone else wrong over the internet. It's a bullshit argument vs another bullshit argument.
LoL. thank god for the internet. I'm also blonde haired blue eyed extremely cut and my girlfriend is brooke burke.
Old 08-12-2003
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
I have too agree with you on the Accord. I was at the track in Bitburg and raced a 2000 Accord Auto and beat him but then raced a manual and got my *** handed to me on a 2 car length platter. I have a CAI and that is all. I have to add though I am new to 1/4 mile racing and my reaction time really suck(1.3 sec). I always race autox and wanted to try 1/4 mile. But anyway the Accord rocked me so ............bs...........
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
jeez. its the internet for godsake. let others believe in what they want to believe in, and you believe in what you believe in. Don't force anyone to do otherwise. geez
Old 08-12-2003
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
What?
Old 08-12-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, can anyone else shift into 3rd at 80 mph? No. Exactly. So if one part of a story is BS, why should we believe the rest of it?

IronFist
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
well, let all hope the 23rd (?) dyno day come sooner so Kazell can post up his before and after dyno sheets.
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

You mean your getting mad because I posted my expierence with this product??? I wanted to put all this bullshit to rest before everyone went out and bought this worthless product for almost a $100 bucks. It's ok though...I'm starting to get used to all the crap and idiots that post things on this board. I guess that's what you get when your trying to help everyone out.
Old 08-12-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
when it comes to things like that i never buy it. such as that TOrnado thing. i can picture that tornado breaking and gettin sucked into the throttle body. same as the helix BS i think its a matter of time till it deteriorates and gets ingested into the engine. KABOOM!
Old 08-12-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
lol its off topic but er.. yes I can shift into 3rd at 80 mph..

3rd max out at like 83 or 85 mph.. I forgot.

but I shift it into 3rd.. and its not exactly near redline.. probably 6,200 ish.

edit:

well I just read the few other pages. I still dont know wtf u guys are talking about.. but forget it.

at least most of us know that 3rd gear doesn't top out at 80mph.

some lil miscommunication.

I'm still going with the fact that this thing doesn't do anything.

most bolt-ons dont do crap. lol.

Last edited by CapYoda; 08-12-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2003
Premium Member

CapYoda, yes, you can shift into 3rd at 80, like this:

If you're in 4th, going 80, you can downshift into 3rd.

But, that's not what KaZeLL implied. He said he was racing, which involves NO downshifting. So what he implied was an upshift, like this:

1st gear... redline... shift... 2nd gear... redline... shift... @80mph... which is NOT possible.

If he meant he was downshifting into 3rd at 80, yes that's possible, but that is not at all what it sounded like from his post.

IronFist
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Tshroom is an unknown quantity at this point
damnit.. Stop arguing about all this stuff. I wanna see some dynos on the Helix and the Tornado. NOW! haha

All this stuff reminds me of those bootleg electric turbos on ebay that look like air filters with batteries atached to them for 100$$ wtf! I know that ish don't work.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
yap, yap, yap, say what you like i know my car, if your jeliuos i can understand that, but i did woop that accords *** ON THE FREEWAY and like i said he couldnt keep up, I'm not the only one who's hit 80 by the 3rd shift..thank you very much capyoda......

xtiszx- i hardly belive that you went out and bought this part and r now returning it cuz you felt nothing....just to prove me wrong...and how could you not hear the whistling sound....i can hear it on mine..Im calling BULL **** on this one....lol..your funny

and think about it a prelude vs. a civic..even with nos and the the small amount of HP this car puts out.....what do you think that I'm doing right and your not being able to beat this car...HMMM...trying new shi^ out dont you think.......lol.......wow theres a no brainer.......
why do you think you have all these mods done to your car, cuz some one like me went out and took the risk where little boys such as yourself sit around and wait to hear about it and then jump on the band wagon...o ya I'm cool no i have AEM CAI, HP racing header with high flow cat, DC TCS cat back, KMS Intake Manifold, pully,s, AEM Cam gear, Apexi VAFC.

goes to show who's doing what right and whos not....what I did not say is that this small mod pinned me back into my seat and gave me whipflash...NO i said i notice a difference in power due to the helix...also I'v notice my peddle is stiffer then when i just had the intake only..and when i nail it, the responce is there...not to mention my top end as well...

My car is up for the offer, if you want to test drive just let me know,,,..buy the way i didnt sqeez on the accord...all motor....and dont hate cuz I can afford the NOS system...dont worry one day you'll grow up and be be able to afford one just like me....lol
Old 08-13-2003
Premium Member

<--- done arguing.

What speed does your 2nd gear end at?

IronFist
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by KaZeLL
yap, yap, yap, say what you like i know my car, if your jeliuos i can understand that, but i did woop that accords *** ON THE FREEWAY and like i said he couldnt keep up, I'm not the only one who's hit 80 by the 3rd shift..thank you very much capyoda......

xtiszx- i hardly belive that you went out and bought this part and r now returning it cuz you felt nothing....just to prove me wrong...and how could you not hear the whistling sound....i can hear it on mine..Im calling BULL **** on this one....lol..your funny

and think about it a prelude vs. a civic..even with nos and the the small amount of HP this car puts out.....what do you think that I'm doing right and your not being able to beat this car...HMMM...trying new shi^ out dont you think.......lol.......wow theres a no brainer.......
why do you think you have all these mods done to your car, cuz some one like me went out and took the risk where little boys such as yourself sit around and wait to hear about it and then jump on the band wagon...o ya I'm cool no i have AEM CAI, HP racing header with high flow cat, DC TCS cat back, KMS Intake Manifold, pully,s, AEM Cam gear, Apexi VAFC.

goes to show who's doing what right and whos not....what I did not say is that this small mod pinned me back into my seat and gave me whipflash...NO i said i notice a difference in power due to the helix...also I'v notice my peddle is stiffer then when i just had the intake only..and when i nail it, the responce is there...not to mention my top end as well...

My car is up for the offer, if you want to test drive just let me know,,,..buy the way i didnt sqeez on the accord...all motor....and dont hate cuz I can afford the NOS system...dont worry one day you'll grow up and be be able to afford one just like me....lol
HAHAHAHA!!! I'm done with this crap...This guy is freakin' nuts!!!! Good luck with your car you jackass!!
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

wait, wait, wait i want to correct myself...its 75 mph in 3rd...i went out this morning and gave it a run on the freeway ....i cant be foresure that its any higher or less then that but i did put on my two front rims and since there chromeies there heavy as hell, also i have changes out my gages and there not correct or accurate or what have you so that could be it as well but i know when i had shifted into 3rd this morning the speedo read around 75 SO Maybe its not around 80 but I'm pretty damn close....so there JACKASS------------cwick187
Old 08-13-2003
Cracka

"xtiszx- i hardly belive that you went out and bought this part and r now returning it cuz you felt nothing....just to prove me wrong...and how could you not hear the whistling sound....i can hear it on mine..Im calling BULL **** on this one....lol..your funny"

i never said i bought it or couldnt hear it, and i stated i no longer have a 7thgen, you smokin crack? and yes you can do 80 in 3rd, but you cant shift into 3rd doing 80, cuz that means your doing 70+ in 2nd when your shifting INTO, 3rd,

so why dont you go re-read what i posted b4 you try to diss me, but then make your self look like an idiot
Old 08-13-2003
Cracka

btw, do you have fun tearin up your car by trying to prove us something?
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Robthe54 is an unknown quantity at this point
also I'v notice my peddle is stiffer then when i just had the intake only..and when i nail it, the responce is there...not to mention my top end as well...

he forgot to mention that he installed a stiffer spring into his throttle body... THAT's why he's got all that extra power...

...or he's a psychosomatic liar getting some "real ultimate power" from placebo mod's.

hmm... i'll go with the latter...
Old 08-13-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
the highest FOR THE RECORD.. you can go in 2nd is 62mph. lets get that straight. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODS. its gear ratio.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

I wish a mod would lock this thread...Really, I'm not trying to dis you man, but this does nothing for our cars...I'm not going to tell people they should go out and spend $90 on something that has no effect. If it gives you "POWER" than I'm glad it works on your car. I also can't wait til the Dyno you have scheduled. Make sure you take the helix off for the first one though. I want to see this increase your claiming. Prove me wong!!!!
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

Robthe54 is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, the third SHIFT puts you in fourth gear. i've ran third gear out past 80, no prob.
but then you go on later to say that you make it to 75 in 2nd.

so, 80 going into third or coming out of third...

or did you just remove the fuse for the rev-limiter? hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2003
YS
Registered!!

YS is an unknown quantity at this point
...or did you just remove the fuse for the rev-limiter?...
what's that?? what is that for?? and what it'll do?? where's the fuse??
Old 08-13-2003
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
or hes actually someone willing to try something out, prove or disprove the performance of it and post his results.
hmmmmm and what the F=@k is wrong with that????
Someone posted a question, and he posted his OPINION of the results. He will dyno this thing and post actuall results for everyone to see.
Why all the flame??
from what i understand circa-X gave him the part to test under the assumption that it will get dyno'd. Due to situations beyond his control that has been delayed. Everyone wants to see unbiased dyno's on parts that are out there, but no one is willing to fork over the dough to do it. I give the guy props for doing what he is doing and I hope he will continue to do it with other products. As far as typos and grammer errors.... jeez people get a life. You know what he was trying to say. All you wannabe teachers out there need to back the *** up....

Now as far as "how fast a car will go in a certain gear"....i'll let you guys fight over that
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
how bout diz.....anyone who feels like it will give em power....GO BUY IT......the people who think its BS....DON'T BUY IT......THE END
Old 08-13-2003
YS
Registered!!

YS is an unknown quantity at this point
still waiting for mine .... 1 week already
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

I fill the same way, YS good luck to you, i hope it wrks out for you...till dyno day all I'm outta here thanks for the wrds djmota, at least some one knows what I'm trying to say here..
Old 08-13-2003
Cracka

Once again . . .

"xtiszx- i hardly belive that you went out and bought this part and r now returning it cuz you felt nothing....just to prove me wrong...and how could you not hear the whistling sound....i can hear it on mine..Im calling BULL **** on this one....lol..your funny"

i never said i bought it or couldnt hear it, and i stated i no longer have a 7thgen, you smokin crack? and yes you can do 80 in 3rd, but you cant shift into 3rd doing 80, cuz that means your doing 70+ in 2nd when your shifting INTO, 3rd,

so why dont you go re-read what i posted b4 you try to diss me, but then make your self look like an idiot

So what, no responce to you being idiot?

Quick Reply: Has anyone used a Helix Power Tower?